Old Commando Players Rejoice

Vezo

Haven't posted in a long time but decided I'd give a shout out for the baby steps this class has taken in the right direction in regards to PVP.

I remember the days after 1.2 where Commando/Mercenary was one of the most hated classes, and hunted down in any PvP bracket. However pre 2.0, It was more a matter of being a considerably weaker target that got us hunted rather than hate. 2.0 added a lot of good toys for Commandos, HTL and EN are some sexy new toys, but still I feel we missed our chance to sit in the first car of the metro train.

Lets talk shop then.

1) Electro-Net is a fantastic ability, and really doesn't need all that much tweaking beyond maybe a reduction of 30 seconds in it's CD time. The other issue I have with this is Scoundrel/Operative's dodge cleanses the ability off of them. Maybe I can see the movement debuff or the damage debuff, but the entire ability? I can't really accept that.

2) Gunnery/Arsenal is back with a vengeance that is for damn sure. Burst really skyrocketed with a free double cast and easier replacement under pressure. However we still run into the issue of interruption lockdowns. If we could utilize our explosive rounds for on the run gunning when interruption locked, I can see Gunnery/Arsenal being a much more formidable DPS on the field. ( I do not agree with a interruption immunity ability like Sorcs or Snipers. Those are features of those classes and for the most part, help them where they lack. Snipers are not very mobile and require planting, Sorcs if played poorly are as well. Commandos are very mobile in comparison and offer us an easier time with LOS )

3) Assault Spec was pretty much rendered useless in PvP post 2.0. The reduction of crit and the rise of heals have hit the spec hard. I would like to see Thermal to be reverted back to it's pre-2.0 function, as a solid burst ability. Not another cleanse-able DOT.

Those are the three things really biting me at the moment. We're not the perfect class, we're not even remotely the flavor of the month. However, to all fellow Commando/Mercs out there that have stuck with the class and try to make it work ; We're certainly the most patient.

Also, we're incredibly handsome and pretty. Dual Blasters and Cannons scream sex appeal, you know?

Trooper/Commando was my first character at launch and although the stats stay Assault are out done by gunnery I still pump out a lot of damage in pvp generally topping the scorecard and making the key kills. I'm still in old war hero gear and have just started gearing in the new partisan. My best so far is 850k with a dps of 1.2 per second.

Its not viable for ranked for sure but its dam fun to play.

I completely agree that the class has come a long way since launch. We now have an interrupt (I still can't believe it took them a year + to give this to us), an in combat revive, and good ole electro net.

It was only 9 months to get the interrupt (1.4 iirc), but yeah even that is way too long.

3) Assault Spec was pretty much rendered useless in PvP post 2.0. The reduction of crit and the rise of heals have hit the spec hard. I would like to see Thermal to be reverted back to it's pre-2.0 function, as a solid burst ability. Not another cleanse-able DOT.

What is this Crit reduction you speak of? 6% ranged, 3% tech, and that's not even counting Field Training or any rating to speak of.