I dont see balance, is it there magically at 50?

Moofster

Must say PvP as a melee is beginning to annoy me and I am wondering if this game was worth buying.

If I am not stunned, slowed or knocked away which is an amazing feat itself since I basically have nothing to counter these with or no real working CC myself....

Then I am hacking away at an absorb bubble with my pathetic damage or just have a CASTER PARRY my main abilities FROM BEHIND. < this angered me the most

I dont see the balance at low levels, every game I have been in has Warriors (50k) do about 1/4th of the damage of ranged classes (200k+ range)

I even see level 50 warriors doing less damage than level 10 inquisitors/bounty hunters. Which honestly is freaking me out (yes I know low levels get boosted stats). Its hard to believe someone that leveled 50 so fast is just that bad a player.......

Can some level 50 warriors that PvP'd along the way tell me if they have the same experiences or at which level comes a turning point that does not make me want to delete this character?

Of course low-level PVP isn't balanced.

You see level 50 warriors? What were they? Juggernauts? Marauders? Were they people who didn't take an advanced class?

Casters do big damage, not much to say about that besides that. Sniper is glass-cannon.

Low level PVP sucks because you don't have alot into your spec and you don't have all of your abilities.

For instance you complain about CC when every class gets an ability to break CC at a certain level, cant remember which.

Well I rarely see healers other than myself when I'm in a warzone, so I'm guessing there aren't a whole lot of them out there. Part of the problem might be that, as a melee, you're going to be the first target players see, so you get focus fired and CC'ed the most. And if you don't have anyone healing you, you're just going to get burned to the ground.

The inquisitors can usually pump out a decent amount of damage before people realize they're there. Find a healer to join with and I think your warzone experience will improve a lot :)

I hear Knights/Warriors get most of their stuns/etc at higher levels. Maybe you'll just have to keep leveling and see how it pans out?

Remember: Play a class that you like to play, not because it's the FotM. Balance will come to the force.

1) The JK/SW aren't going to top dmg more than likely, even at 50.

2) You do get a few(I think enough) ways to break stuns/snares as you lvl depending on spec.

3) I am starting to think that generally speaking JK/SW have a large grp of MMO newbs playing them, and their inexperience shows horribly when they continue to queqe up for warzones. Because there are a rare few that defy the rule.

A lot of players don't understand the idea of over extension in PvP. If you do this as a melee you're a goner, and will spend most of your time rezzing...

Secondly, every JK/SW I see jump into the enemy lines with force leap makes me cringe a little on the inside. Just another newb... You really want save this as any half-wit player will use a knockback/stun as soon as you jump them, now what are you going to do for the next 15secs other than take a dirt nap as they focus fire you.

However, it is admittedly hard to not over extend in PUGs when the people you thought were backing you up stand and watch. Though sometimes they're right to do this if you are the moron who just force leaped into a whole horde of them... Basically, let the range casters fire the first blow before you commit to a fight is the best suggestion.

Edited by Varcan

I hear Knights/Warriors get most of their stuns/etc at higher levels. Maybe you'll just have to keep leveling and see how it pans out?

Remember: Play a class that you like to play, not because it's the FotM. Balance will come to the force.

Yeah I am experienced with warriors and know that usually they are late bloomers.

However in other MMO's they always were at least a bit playable if you know how to LoS, Kite and position yourself.

But this warrior class has absolutely nothing while my GF playing inquisitor is just spamming her damage skills with at least 2 forms of control at level 10.

I dont see how warriors have the tools to do anything versus the CC train at any level and they seem to be a horrible PvP experience if ur not at max level and I really like the warrior but dont feel like doing PvE till 50.

To be honest, I'm sick of these JK/SM QQ threads. Post something other than "there's no balance" if you really want things to change; things like vids or multiple screenshots of warzone final stats showing juggs/sents consistently at the bottom. Otherwise the general reaction is going to be the same: skepticism.

And I'm one of those skeptics.

From what I've seen of JK/SM pvp in WZs, there are good and bad players. The good ones know how to position themselves, manage cooldowns, and are peripherally aware of what's going on. These players consistently top damage and pull 10:1 kdrs.

The bad ones rush middle turret in aldaraan, charge into an entire team 1v2+x and die in less than 2 globals. These are the same players who then start to rage at their allies for not "helping them", and then come onto the forums and QQ about balance.

TL/DR: post more constructively about imbalance than the OP of this thread.

So far I've got only two issues with PvP.

It takes like 20 freaking seconds to get out of combat, and thus back into stealth.

Also, the level scaling has one GIANT flaw.

Level 50 Players still see me stealthing from like 500 feet away. Everything's scaled but stealth detection. Which really, really sucks sometimes.

No offence, but it may be your play style - or you really are very low level (10-15). You should not expect to be a PvP god without going full into the PvP tree and having access to most abilities.

I personally feel that my Marauder (Runetang - LoLettow) is verging on overpowered. One-on-one, they just tear people apart and are very hard to get away from. They have excellent mobility and PvP utility:

Damage reduction abilities, obfuscate, one spammable snare, a super-snare (force crush), two charges: one long range, one short range (obliterate) - and force choke is perfect for generating rage and suspending people over Huttball firetraps. ^^

In short, I think you're nuts - sith warriors, marauders in particular are just sick in pvp...

Edited by IllicitSolicit

how amusing. i was queing with a 50 warrior earlier. every bg me and he would be at 250k+ and next highest would be around 100-150k. stop whining about a class that is actually really good. whining about balance is one thing, but whining about a class being weak when it definitely isn't weak is just awful

No offence, but it may be your play style - or you really are very low level (10-15). You should not expect to be a PvP god without going full into the PvP tree and having access to most abilities.

That's the irony though - shouldn't these people be paired against others who're at the same level of skill and ability then?

That is not happening.