gearing up a sorc in black hole

Blazn

I have hit a road block on my sorc. i have almost 300 black hole comms and I am ready to start spending them.

i want to know what pieces i should buy to theory craft.

also what is the crit and surge cap i need to hit or do i need to worry about it

You have crit/surge on the force lord headgear, and power/surge on the stalker boots.

For alacrity, you got a few pieces that got it, from memory the chestpiece gives correct crit/alacrity stats.

You want around 350 crit, rest power, and surge/alacrity ration is normally 5 surge enhencement, for the 300, and rest in alacrity, but I personnaly run a bit more surge.

Stay off the gloves, buy a campaign armoring for them.

I would recommend you to buy 6 pair of boots and re- the mods for 18-24 stabs. Use those stabs on 63 mods instead. You can combine this with stab farming in warzones (3-4 stabs every 875 comms)

Requires that you have artifice and cybertech alts.

But to answer your stat question, it depends on your spec. Surge should not be below 75 % but there's really no need to take it much higher either. Crit and alacrity depends on spec. Madness specs tend to sacrifice alacrity, since there's really no need for it for that spec, for the sake of power and crit is often lost in the same process. Alacrity is on the other hand important for Lightning specs, since they channel a lot.

Personally I've always tried to keep my stats somewhat balanced. I'm at work atm so I don't have the exact numbers but I have around 76,5 % surge, in the 35 % range crit (buffed) and alacrity just below 9. I'm full 63 and have +1080 force bonus with the EWH Boundless relics and 1062 with the matrix cube, which trades power for crit.

Edited by Washingtoon

From a general point of view.... the boots have the mod and enhancement you want on most of your gear (power-heavy). The headpiece has the crit one. I can't remember exactly how many you want of each. Get your crit rating to around 250-300. Surge around 300. Then put the rest in power and alacrity.

I would recommend you to buy 6 pair of boots and re- the mods for 18-24 stabs. Use those stabs on 63 mods instead. You can combine this with stab farming in warzones (3-4 stabs every 875 comms)

Requires that you have artifice and cybertech alts.

But to answer your stat question, it depends on your spec. Surge should not be below 75 % but there's really no need to take it much higher either. Crit and alacrity depends on spec. Madness specs tend to sacrifice alacrity, since there's really no need for it for that spec, for the sake of power and crit is often lost in the same process. Alacrity is on the other hand important for Lightning specs, since they channel a lot.

Personally I've always tried to keep my stats somewhat balanced. I'm at work atm so I don't have the exact numbers but I have around 76,5 % surge, in the 35 % range crit (buffed) and alacrity just below 9. I'm full 63 and have +1080 force bonus with the EWH Boundless relics and 1062 with the matrix cube, which trades power for crit.

Power competes with crit, not alacrity on enhencement. Alacrity competes with surge.

Thats like 2 separate match of tug-o-war, not a 4 way rope.