30 minutes of nothing

-Fritz-

What are you supposed to do?

Practice jump, long and short ones, until you eventually jump off the balloon and have to start over.

What are you supposed to do this time?

Practice jump, hopefully you´ll be a master at it.

Use the force dont trust the keyboard.

I think we need more of these with much longer durations, just to see how hardcore people really are to get +2 endurance or something.

Are you hardcore enough for the 72 hour balloon ride that requires making a difficult and failable jump at the end making you start over? Better not afk out on the ride!

Then give people a funny title if they manage to actually get stuff like that, "The Sicko" etc =P

ahh, another young person who never got to experience video games of the 80s and 90s.

ever played a video game for 12 hours with no save points?

EVERY game was like that.

i swear you young people today are spoiled rotten.

ok I loled +1

getting to the datacrons on tatooine..

you ride on the balloon for over 30 minutes to get there.

what am I as a player supposed to be doing with all of this time?

i mean really. who designs junk like this?

You're overlooking the greatest benefit of this ride.

When they eventually shorten it (and they will; you can count on that), you can sound like a crotchety old man in gen chat when people complain about it.

"Ten minutes for a datacron? This is absurd!"

"Ten? Sonny, you should've been here at launch! We had to wait 30 minutes just to see it throw us to the ground, then we had to wait another 30 minutes. You younguns are so spoilt these days. Get off my lawn."

Edited by Vecke

As has been pointed out, there's no requirement that you get any datacrom for any reason whatsoever. In fact I haven't bothered to pick most of them up. Eventually I'll get around to it. As for that one, I did ride the balloon. So what to do? Try sending companions out on missions, enjoy the scenery, make lunch, dinner, breakfast, or maybe read a book or something, might I suggest "The Cow in The Parking Lot"?

I got that datacron without using the balloon ride. Just bring a friend with a knockback ability like Merc or Sorc. Duel them near the back end of the vehicle and jump in the air when they do the knockback, it will fly you up instead of backwards and you can land on the slanted side and walk up to the top.

I'm a jedi guardian, and my wife and I got those two datacrons in about 5 minutes. I force pushed her up to them, and used guardian leap to jump up to her. She could've also rescued me, but whatever. If you don't want to do the balloon ride, make friends with a guardian/juggernaut.

getting to the datacrons on tatooine..

you ride on the balloon for over 30 minutes to get there.

what am I as a player supposed to be doing with all of this time?

i mean really. who designs junk like this?

Do the same thing you do while in traffic everyday or while you're supposed to be working.

goof around on the internet updating your stupid facebook page

Not everything in life is easy to get and it should stay that way.

Anyhows screw playing Swtor in your lunch break, take a girl out for lunch or something :D

1. true.

2. u pay? girls in our country r most gold diggers.

Dear God,

Can you please grant me patience?

Make it quick okay?

P.S. Also make Bioware mail me the Datacrons to my in-game character.

I power-leveled him to 50 in three days. He's a cyborg named 8D-HD.

K, thanks!

Bye.

Edited by Diet-Hutt

You don't need the balloon....

Team up with a trooper

Go to the crawler with the datacrons on it.

Duel your partner - get him to "concussive shock" (or whatever it is) just as you jump.

Bang - you're on the speeder

Go get the 'crons!

I was going for the shard on my Bounty Hunter. I started talking to a guy who was datacron hunting. He needed it too. We got up, waited for the baloon. Got on. Almost made it. Then, it glitched. Had to start all over again. Luckily, we had some Republic players to talk to (both of us were 50, the pubs about 30). We actually had a genuinely nice conversation. We made it the second time. Worth it, few people on Nadd's Sarcophagus have a Matrix Cube. Edited by Kikilicious