What are the most profitable Crew Skills currently in game?

AlysiumXI

The title says it.

What are the most profitable crafting and collecting skill combinations in the game as of 2017?

Was and still is Artifice (although players seem to be catching on to this more and more so competition is higher)

Cybertech and Synthweaving are close behind

Then Biochem and Armstech

Armormech lags behind the rest

Art requires arch, TH, and slicing

CT requires scav, UWT, and slicing

SW requires arch, UWT, and slicing

BC requires BA and Dip

AT requires Scav, Investigation, and slicing

AM requires scav, UWT, and slicing

Selling materials is easier profits, but not more profits.

Edited by psandak

The title says it.

What are the most profitable crafting and collecting skill combinations in the game as of 2017?

In all honesty, folks are not going to tell you because it just sets them up for more competition. One of the reasons why folks will tell you Slicing is the biggest money maker. It's a generic response that gets you away from where they're really making money. :)

The easiest way to make money though is for you to get the gathering skills (ie Scavaging, Bioanalysis, and Scavenging.), stop and mine all of the nodes as you level, and sell the goods on the GTN every so often.

One more thing. Do remember that most new players are stuck with the lowest level of these material. Advanced players are dealing with the highest levels of these materials. There's a lots of numbers on a scale of one to ten that aren't one or nine or ten. Think about that for a second. :)

Good luck

Edited by dr_mike

In all honesty, folks are not going to tell you because it just sets them up for more competition. One of the reasons why folks will tell you Slicing is the biggest money maker. It's a generic response that gets you away from where they're really making money. :)

The easiest way to make money though is for you to get the gathering skills (ie Scavaging, Bioanalysis, and Scavenging.), stop and mine all of the nodes as you level, and sell the goods on the GTN every so often.

One more thing. Do remember that most new players are stuck with the lowest level of these material. Advanced players are dealing with the highest levels of these materials. There's a lots of numbers on a scale of one to ten that aren't one or nine or ten. Think about that for a second. :)

Good luck

That's fair and smart. Thank you :)

Was and still is Artifice (although players seem to be catching on to this more and more so competition is higher)

BC requires BA and Dip

Thanks for the detailed answer :)

• 10 months later...

BC requires BA and Dip

Hey all,

I just got back to swtor after a year away. Need to make me some creds..XD

With the server mergers and new patches,

Is the quoted statement by “ psandak “ still true ?

( yes I know folks won’t give away their secrets, but I’m hoping someone super-rich who doesn’t

care about competition may offer a few tips )

Thanks in advance

Yes it is still true.

Artifice is far and away the most profitable crafting skill by virtue of its diversity and that most of what it crafts is more cosmetic that stat based (i.e. grade 1 materials crafted blue color crystals are ALWAYS in demand).

In my cadre of crafters, synthweaving and cybertech still dominate the second tier, but every so often biochem or armstech take second place (to artifice). armormech still lags behind the rest but occasionally bursts (when for whatever reason there's a rush on tank augments).

( yes I know folks won’t give away their secrets, but I’m hoping someone super-rich who doesn’t

care about competition may offer a few tips )

You'd be surprised how little secret there is. Crafting and GTN in this game is basic economics. The only difference is that instead of customers you have space barbies.