Spoilers and somewhat dissapointing stuff in new movie

khsolo

First i loved the movie, and i will see it many times, i believe its nicelly done and brings a fresh new perspective so that said....

1. For a "galactic resistance" having no more than 20 or so fighters is kinda lame, not so much of "galactic" or "resistance" to it

2. So by the mere act of pointing a gun at someones head will automatically induce him to drop a worldwide shield that will kill thousands or millions, i would expect more resistance from someone in the first order and in that position or have that site much better protected, really?

3. So Yoda is probably the worst teacher in the force ever since it took him forever to make Luke learn to use his force powers when Rey just happen to learn them in a couple of minutes with extensive lightsaber training included

4. For all the force powers in Kylo he almost had his butt kicked in lighsaber duel with an ex half dead stormtrooper, Vader would be hugelly dissapointed !

5. For all the power of the first order they could have made a better logo, really !

6. For all the power of the first order they i probably counted an army of about 2 or 3 thousand, is that all? really where are the huge warships and destroyers?

7. For all the advanced computers in the world they cant figure out some lame coordinates in a map, really? call Nasa !

8. So it seems 2 death stars is not enough to learn that a circular static sitting duck body with a big gun is maybe not the best way to use your resources, but as we all know, maybe they are slow learners

9. For all the complexity and resources and might just remember that all you to do to blow up a death planet with a huge gun is... well a pissed off janitor

10. You killed han ! really? *** !!!!

1. It sounds like they are setting up the Resistance to be a small group of rag-tag militants opposed to a huge fascist movement in the First Order. If you read Aftermath, you know that they wanted to de-militarize the New Republic specifically because militarizing the Old Republic led to its downfall and the rise of the Empire. The Resistance seems to be made of the folks who wanted to remain militarized until the Empire was completely defeated.

2. Agreed, that was kind of lame. I assume she thought help was going to come and it never did. However, it turns out that the shield didn’t matter all that much. If the group of heroes hadn’t bombed the reactor from the inside, the X-Wings wouldn’t have done any damage anyway. Maybe it was hubris on her part.

3. They are setting up Rey for having previous training. My theory is that Rey was hidden on Jakku, ala Luke on Tatooine, when Kylo Ren led the First Order to wipe out the Jedi Order that Luke was trying to build. Something happened to her to make her forget her childhood and when she touched the lightsaber, she became awakened to the Force, which got stronger as she resisted Kylo Ren’s attempts to pull the star map from her mind. In Heir to the Jedi, Luke attempts to use the mind trick without training and can’t, so it seems likely to me that she has past training.

4. Kylo Ren was wounded badly. He was bleeding profusely throughout. He handled Finn pretty easily. Rey clearly has some Jedi training. I would assume he has little to no experience in lightsaber combat (all the other Jedi are gone and Luke is in hiding). They also seem to be going to a place where Kylo Ren is still learning. His skill with the lightsaber wasn’t particularly good throughout. He seems very talented but also very raw.

I also think he didn’t want to kill Rey. It seems like they know each other from a past life. The way she calls him a monster for killing Han sounded to me like she knew him before he fell and couldn’t believe he did that. I think the central struggle will be Rey attempting to turn Kylo Ren back to Ben Solo.

5. Its derived from the Imperial logo. This is really what you’re disappointed it?

6. We have no idea what their level of strength is. They sound like a fringe movement to me. Besides, we need to build towards something in the 2nd and 3rd movies.

7. What?

8. Agreed, seems they never lose their appetite for super weapons. This one at least served its purpose; it wiped out the leadership of the New Republic.

9. He really only needed to know where to go. He didn’t have any deeper knowledge than that and didn’t do anything else.

10. Yeah, this was the best part of the movie. It establishes Kylo Ren as an effective villain. It also sets a nice contrast with Luke; where look refused to kill his father and redeemed him instead, Kylo Ren refused to be redeemed and killed his father. It makes you emotionally hate the First Order in general and Kylo Ren specifically because they killed a character that you REALLY care about. It also creates more room for the new characters to thrive, gets Han Solo out before we have to watch him grow feeble in front of our eyes, and kills him in a manner consistent with the character (he struggles for a bit to confront Kylo Ren or let him die in the explosions of the building, then decides to do the right thing and try to save him). Brilliant move here.

This movie was great. If you don't like it, you probably liked the prequels. This movie had real characters, a real plot, great special effects, clear villains, didn't feel the need to over-explain EVERYTHING, left enough mystery to make you think, left enough characters under-developed to build them up next time, and lightsaber combat that actually had passion and a story behind it. It went back to the roots of following the Hero's Journey, which is supposed to be the whole structure of Star Wars (a classic hero myth set in space). The only thing to be disappointed about is that the soundtrack was sub-part for a Star Wars film.

1. It sounds like they are setting up the Resistance to be a small group of rag-tag militants opposed to a huge fascist movement in the First Order. If you read Aftermath, you know that they wanted to de-militarize the New Republic specifically because militarizing the Old Republic led to its downfall and the rise of the Empire. The Resistance seems to be made of the folks who wanted to remain militarized until the Empire was completely defeated.

2. Agreed, that was kind of lame. I assume she thought help was going to come and it never did. However, it turns out that the shield didn’t matter all that much. If the group of heroes hadn’t bombed the reactor from the inside, the X-Wings wouldn’t have done any damage anyway. Maybe it was hubris on her part.

3. They are setting up Rey for having previous training. My theory is that Rey was hidden on Jakku, ala Luke on Tatooine, when Kylo Ren led the First Order to wipe out the Jedi Order that Luke was trying to build. Something happened to her to make her forget her childhood and when she touched the lightsaber, she became awakened to the Force, which got stronger as she resisted Kylo Ren’s attempts to pull the star map from her mind. In Heir to the Jedi, Luke attempts to use the mind trick without training and can’t, so it seems likely to me that she has past training.

4. Kylo Ren was wounded badly. He was bleeding profusely throughout. He handled Finn pretty easily. Rey clearly has some Jedi training. I would assume he has little to no experience in lightsaber combat (all the other Jedi are gone and Luke is in hiding). They also seem to be going to a place where Kylo Ren is still learning. His skill with the lightsaber wasn’t particularly good throughout. He seems very talented but also very raw.

I also think he didn’t want to kill Rey. It seems like they know each other from a past life. The way she calls him a monster for killing Han sounded to me like she knew him before he fell and couldn’t believe he did that. I think the central struggle will be Rey attempting to turn Kylo Ren back to Ben Solo.

5. Its derived from the Imperial logo. This is really what you’re disappointed it?

6. We have no idea what their level of strength is. They sound like a fringe movement to me. Besides, we need to build towards something in the 2nd and 3rd movies.

7. What?

8. Agreed, seems they never lose their appetite for super weapons. This one at least served its purpose; it wiped out the leadership of the New Republic.

9. He really only needed to know where to go. He didn’t have any deeper knowledge than that and didn’t do anything else.

10. Yeah, this was the best part of the movie. It establishes Kylo Ren as an effective villain. It also sets a nice contrast with Luke; where look refused to kill his father and redeemed him instead, Kylo Ren refused to be redeemed and killed his father. It makes you emotionally hate the First Order in general and Kylo Ren specifically because they killed a character that you REALLY care about. It also creates more room for the new characters to thrive, gets Han Solo out before we have to watch him grow feeble in front of our eyes, and kills him in a manner consistent with the character (he struggles for a bit to confront Kylo Ren or let him die in the explosions of the building, then decides to do the right thing and try to save him). Brilliant move here.

This movie was great. If you don't like it, you probably liked the prequels. This movie had real characters, a real plot, great special effects, clear villains, didn't feel the need to over-explain EVERYTHING, left enough mystery to make you think, left enough characters under-developed to build them up next time, and lightsaber combat that actually had passion and a story behind it. It went back to the roots of following the Hero's Journey, which is supposed to be the whole structure of Star Wars (a classic hero myth set in space). The only thing to be disappointed about is that the soundtrack was sub-part for a Star Wars film.

I love it the only possible way, with my start wars loving heart in the star wars loving way

No oscars for drama here, but still loved the movie, which doesnt mean i cant be critical about it

I love it the only possible way, with my start wars loving heart in the star wars loving way

No oscars for drama here, but still loved the movie, which doesnt mean i cant be critical about it

For me it's the opposite. I liked the movie. However my '' star wars loving heart''(lol) hated it. In fact hated it is a wrong term. It just felt weird. In a bad way.

I am still cleansing my consciousness of its alien vibe as we speak - through a swtor binge and kotor cutscenes in youtube. Watching some of the PT and OT after TFA helped too.

Edited by Kaedusz

3. They are setting up Rey for having previous training. My theory is that Rey was hidden on Jakku, ala Luke on Tatooine, when Kylo Ren led the First Order to wipe out the Jedi Order that Luke was trying to build

while im not against this idea Ray seems to be of the same age as Kylo (well they look the same age not sure on their exact age's) so it seems odd considering if they are then Kylo turned at a very young age and somehow managed to kill all the others without being stopped.

regarding Kylo not wanting to kill her, the movie didn't out right state it, but the fact that Snoke told him to bring her to him, the fact that he clearly wanted the star map so he could find Luke, combined with his offer to teach her, all that made it pretty clear he didn't want to kill her