Dominus Nihil is recruiting!

JovialFreddy

Hello!

I'm the Guild Leader of Dominus Nihil, formerly of Canderos Ordo. We would like to invite those that are currently new to the game, guild-less or unhappy with their current guilds to come hang with us for a bit to see if Dominus Nihil is the home that you have been looking for.

Dominus Nihil (Master of Nothing in Latin) was created shortly after the launch of SWG back in 2003. We began as a collection of friends and avid gamers with similar personalities that met in game and decided to band together to compete with the power gamers. We created a mature yet competitive guild that remained largely drama free over the years, and has often been praised for our family feel. Years later, we are all still friends, and finding new friends all the time. Quite frankly, I can't imagine playing a game with any other group of people.

We've expanded into many games over the years which are too numerous and not relevant enough to mention, and have had a significant presence in SW:TOR since Beta. We are always looking to grow the family with like minded players. We are Republic factioned guild with a Sith sister guild for Alts only. We are mature gamer friendly - most of us are in our mid-thirties. But we aren't all old fogies either; we're constantly picking up young blood when we find that they have the same mature values as we do. We are serious players with a casual feel. We have two set raid groups burning through new content, and open raids held throughout the week. Participation is always encouraged but NEVER required. Our players are active and helpful, and our crafters are always willing to help get players new to endgame geared up quickly.

My invitation to you is to do a /who Dominus and see who is online. Come hang with us a bit and see if you have fun. The experience will speak for itself. If we feel you are a good fit with us and you feel that we might be a good fit for you then go to our website at http://www.dominusnihil.com/forums and fill out an application.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Dominus Nihil

http://www.dominusnihil.com/forums

Server: Jedi Covenant

- Timezone: EST, with members from all over the world including West Coast US, Central US,

East US, UK, and Australia.

- Guild experience bonus is up to +17% on the republic side.

- Mumble Server provided

- Forums with chat client and screenshot gallery

Thank you for your interest in DN! We are first and foremost a family of gamers that's been together for more than eight years. We are a casual to moderate group with a commitment to seeing all aspects of game play as a guild including Operations, Flashpoints, Warzones, Open-world PvP, coordinated crew skills, leveling groups, heroics, world boss hunting and social events. Camaraderie is DN's most important goal and will always be our first priority.

Brynnyk Brynn, 55 Sentinel

Bryllys Brynn, 55 Shadow

Broghyn Brynn, 55 Scoundrel

Seb'ryn'na, 55 Commando

Triturate, 55 Juggernaut

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Been rolling with DN for as long as I can remember. Wouldn't dream of playing any MMO without a Dominus Nihil tag by my name. Highly recommended for laid back players who understand that this is a game to have fun with but still want to be involved in end game content at a high level. And people looking for a great community for not only TOR but all the great games down the road, as well.
  • Like 1

Like so many, I found myself alone with the post launch lack of end game content mass exodus. This was not SWG with its advanced crafting/open world to pass the time to new content. Open world PvP was a flop and remains without a purposeful objective to this day. End game operations were so few and it was near impossible to PUG a HM Lost Island to success.

This was nearly the end for me, another lost sub for EA/BW except for the fact this is the only Star Wars universe (SWG EMU aside) in town. I needed a new home to rekindle the adventure / ride out the time to new content / and at the time the capability to actually finish LI reliably.

You can do a lot in this game alone, but there is a breakpoint where it takes a team to move on to the next level of content. Like those who may be reading this now – the search for a place to hang my hat was on. Then, as now, there are a few promising candidates. For myself, I ruled out those who spam the general channel – they are looking for anybody – I was looking for something.

It is a given that a guild should have a website and voice, hardly a discriminator. I made my list of candidates and read what was posted. I watched guild tags in Flashpoints and in the game generally. Like learning a new word, when you are looking for something you suddenly notice it around. For intangible reasons I finally made a choice – DN.

It has been a year and I have learned many things – mostly that what keeps me logging in is people. If you want to knock out content and develop you are going to run operations and flashpoints many..…many times. I have run TFB so many times that I have grown to have a certain disdain for it; however, I will run it many more times because I enjoy the folks and good conversation. New content will come, but it will never be frequent enough that each time you play you are doing new things. People are what make the difference.

If you are looking to get something done you generally only need to ask/post and the DN family will assist. I have made many good friends and the camaraderie has pulled me through the lean times. We may not be for everyone, but if you are looking for a comfortable place to spend a night I can recommend DN.

TL;DR

If you are looking for a casual guild of mature players who can down some content and have fun I can recommend DN. It is not for everyone – it may be for you.

Tulips: Maximal – 55 Sage : Hardee – 55 Commando : Caisson – 55 Guardian : Themighty – 55 Sentinel : Harla – 55 Gunslinger : Maxes – 55 Scoundrel

Snowflakes: Mannee – 55 Warrior : Malavei – 55 Operative : Ohso – 55 Powertech : Tiddliwinks – 55 Sorcerer

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you so much for the kind words above. I want to say that when I helped form the guild way back when, I was hoping to establish a laid back guild but with the potential for great players rising to the top and getting to all the end game content for whatever game might be out at the time. I couldn't be more happy for what's been created and has persisted through the years. I invite you to join us in a pretty darned good game and continue to explore the SW universe!
  • Like 1

This guild is awesome. DN is a place for people who are looking to come hang out, enjoy the game, and shoot the breeze. We have a laid back environment with a twist of friendly competition. We have a variety of players, but most of our guildies are at end game with multiple 55's.

If you are looking for the uber elite guild who needs to get through the content the first day, this may not be the guild for you. If you think you know it all, this guild is not for you; However, if you want to join a family of great people who likes to get through content in a less stressful manner, fill out a application at http://www.dominusnihil.com!

-Muttley

Edited by OldMuttley
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When we formed DN back in SWG, I had no idea some 10 years later DN would not only still be around, but thriving. We've had our bumps along the way, but because of our members, DN has been able to reinvent itself from game to game.

DN is a family.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...