Just finished the Thrawn trilogy...

Xdancp

I read shadows of the empire, years ago. These are the only other Star Wars books I have read and they were epic. Timeline wise what are the next few books I should read? Also...

Anyone else think that Winter was delta source the whole time? I was kind of shocked when she wasn't, lol.

Are you talking chronologically or release date? I can tell you, for the last 20 or so years, reading books as they came out wasn't always the best idea. I have all the EU books that I know of except about 15. A year ago, I started a project where I re-read them all in chronological order. (LOL, all the inconsistencies...)

If you are talking about must read books... hmm, you can go with the next Zahn duo, but you might be confused by what you miss in between. He is a master writer though. Where Mara Jade ends up in that series, wow. You can read the X-Wing novels. I always hated the last one, but read it every time I re-read the series just to complete it. I love the X-wing novels.

Or maybe the Jedi Academy trilogy?

Another one that you can read without much confusion would be the Han Solo trilogy. It covers his career before and after joining the empire and freeing Chewie. I thought it was cool to learn more about him.

I can go on and on about recommendations, LOL. Honestly, I loved most of the novels I have read over the years. A few I wished a never read, but the entire universe I do love. For now, I would recommend staying away from anything New Jedi Order or later. although Most of them are awesome novels, there is just so much more out there, you don't want to skip it all...

LOL, the Thrawn trilogy aren't the first books after the movies... You are skipping Courtship of Princess Leia, which is a better book than I expected. You are skipping Bakura, X-wing...

The stories you are missing out on are huge!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_books

Here is a list of the novels in order. Go before the movies! As I said, I loved the Han Solo books.

From the book list what I have read and would probably recommend would be The Jedi Academy Trilogy. Focus is on Luke grooming the first bunch of Jedi and Han has some fun to. I, Jedi is also very good. It took me a bit to come around, but in the end I really enjoyed it. It does recap some story of the Jedi Academy Trilogy from a different characters perspective. I believe Stackpole is also the person who made this character, but he probably does this character best, although I think gives him to much in different books, but some authors seem to just let characters fall short.

I haven't read the Black Fleet Crisis or Corellian trilogy.

The Hand of Thrawn Duology, very good.

Also I'm finally on the last book of the New Jedi Order and because eventually... I want to get caught up I skipped some, but what I have read I enjoyed thus far.

Vector Prime (Starts the series)

Dark Tide duology I really enjoyed these too.

Agents of Chaos I recall enjoying it, but not all the aspects, but I believe you don't want to skip it.

Balance Point I skipped

Edge of Victory is a good one and does recap Balance Point fairly well.

Star by Star is a Must

Enemy Lines duology was good

Traitor

Destiny's way

The Final Prophecy

Unifying Force

Just remember that the NJO is all tied together and takes place over 5 yearsish. So if you do decide to read those, those are ones I would say are the musts. Got this list from someone on the Jedi Council Forums- Literature and think they set me up well. That as much EU as I have read thus far.

If you want Pre Battle of Yavin I can't help you.

I think alot of people would recommend jumping into the EU where you started.

Also because I don't know how to do the Spoilers thing I will just say I did not. I was close to the answer, but didn't quite get how it worked by time they figured it out.

The trilogy where you started was where the EU really got started. Sure, there were short stories before then. It is where a lot of people start.

Corran is still my favorite character. He begins in X-wing and continues to be a part of the universe in different novels, including I, Jedi. Yes, that is an awesome read. To really understand I, Jedi though, at least the character, start with the X-wing novels. I, Jedi is the only novel that I know of (again, I have read most, but not all EU books) that is in first person. Excellent read.