Rock and a Hard Place - Outfit Opinions

Kalirs

Just recently I have started playing my powertech again, and have deciding to start picking gear. I bought the TH-16B Elite Corpsman Helmet thinking if i get the black/red dye it would give me a black helmet and the middle part of the helmet (not the visor) would be red. I was disappointed to find out that only half of that was true as the middle part will remain white no matter what dye you use. After that I bought the Mandalorian Clansman Chestguard hoping to trade off the od look for a more bulky shape as well as adding another coat of the black/red dye. While I did have the bulky look, I was not please to see that the gear did not go as dark as I hoped--you would think black would just make you look some dark shade of black right?--so now I am stumped which way I should go.

Mainly now I am looking for opinions on a new helmet and chestguard that fit the look of a powertech with a trooper/Fett look. While I would like ideas that have more bulk to them, the key area I am looking for is some way to give myself a black/red look with no other colors that standout (unless the suit has some sort of lights) while maintaining a rogue trooper look that defected to the Empire, or a unique version of the Mandalorian armor (aka: the Fett look). I suppose you may just ask why not go play a vanguard, and just recolor the gear that way, but I just don't feel comfortable playing on the Republic side and playing as a person who makes darker choices. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to shoot me ideas; pictures are greatly welcomed!

An example: http://tor.zamimg.com/uploads/images/343.jpg If anyone can let me know what that helmet and Chest piece is, I would greatly appreciate it along with your own outfits/ideas.

Edited by Kalirs

Helmet wise, this is probably what you're looking for. Though they do tend to be rather expensive.

Hellfire Helmet

The primary color of a dye kit will color most of it with the secondary only coloring the area around the visor.

Contractor's Chest

This works well, only issue I had with it is that the rocket pack gets dyed the secondary color instead or the primary.

I love the helmet (and am still open to more helmet ideas if someone find a trooper looking one), but I dislike the big jetpack on the back of the contractor's chest. Any other idea's you can think of?

An example of something I was thinking of is the Unbreakable Veteran's armor EXCEPT for the big hunk of junk on the bicep of one of the arms.

Edited by Kalirs

An example of something I was thinking of is the Unbreakable Veteran's armor EXCEPT for the big hunk of junk on the bicep of one of the arms.

I'm not 51 yet, but that big hunk of junk should look great when you get Shoulder Cannon. It's also the only armor I've seen that has a believable and very good looking source for the Flame Thrower

Can't link at the moment but there are several that share a model with the Mercenary's Foundry Helmet. I have it with a few pieces of Hydra (chest, legs, belt) and a few pieces of Energized Infantry (Boots, gloves) All painted Red/black. And I'm pretty happy with it. It sets off the glowy pale blue LEDs on each piece Edited by Horacio