@Courtneywoods

Icebergy

When playing SWTOR, do you tend to play in a group or are you more of a solo player?

Personal Answer: I pretty much always play in a group. I mainly play with my boyfriend and/or with co-workers like Musco.

Have you ever been talking to another member of the Bioware team and accidentally mistelled some new piece of information that the public wasn't supposed to know yet? Like for example, maybe you meant to /w ericmusco I can't wait to play the next new player race in patch 2.4 but instead sent it to guild?

If so did you have to witness protection yourself and whisk your character off to a new server with a new identity?

Edited by Icebergy

Like anyone would actually believe something like that.

Also, it's likely that the team are limited in what they can discuss in-game, just in case your scenario does happen and someone does actually believe it.

Have you ever been talking to another member of the Bioware team and accidentally mistelled some new piece of information that the public wasn't supposed to know yet? Like for example, maybe you meant to /w ericmusco I can't wait to play the next new player race in patch 2.4 but instead sent it to guild?

If so did you have to witness protection yourself and whisk your character off to a new server with a new identity?

Perma ban for game and forums for whoever got the misstell ;) haha

Like anyone would actually believe something like that.

Also, it's likely that the team are limited in what they can discuss in-game, just in case your scenario does happen and someone does actually believe it.

You are probably right, I was just trying to have a little fun.

Hey Icebergy,

Nope - I have never done that. I make sure to never talk about sensitive work information in chat. If I discuss anything work related I use a secure Vent channel. In fact, when talking to Musco, I always use Vent because it is too hard not to call him by name.

So no need for a witness protection program. :jawa_wink:

What's up with cm answering personal questions? We're dying in suspense to hear about 2.1 :D

Hey Alec_Fortescue,

We mainly worked with the Fan Sites to share information about Game Update 2.1. Keep your eyes out for the Community Round-Up today as it will have a collection of links to Fan Site Q&As about upcoming features in Game Update 2.1.

Hey Alec_Fortescue,

We mainly worked with the Fan Sites to share information about Game Update 2.1. Keep your eyes out for the Community Round-Up today as it will have a collection of links to Fan Site Q&As about upcoming features in Game Update 2.1.

Evil Evil Evil. Now my Thursday is going even slower >.> it was bad enough waiting for the Q&A's on Friday.

Vent Blech update to mumble I LOVE IT!!! and never went back :p

Blech mumble, can never figure out how to make it work, and being forced to use it when I PUG every once in a while makes me like it even less.

Hey Alec_Fortescue,

Haha, thanks but I am already visiting ootinicast.com, oldrep.de, swtor-rp.com, dulfy.net, torwars.com, gamingface.com and darthhater.com on a regular basis to see if there are any new scraps of information! What else did I miss? I already saw dyes and kiosk Q&A ;-]

And, please, just refer to me as Alec ;]

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

What's up with cm answering personal questions? We're dying in suspense to hear about 2.1 :D

Is there some law being violated here? People are constantly whining that the community team doesn't post 100 times a day and now you're giving them a hard time for trying to be more engaging with the community? They are the "community" team, not your personal team.

Also, the community team is not the development team. They pass along information from the development team when they are authorized to do so. If they had information they were authorized to share with us, then they'd share it with us. I'd venture a guess that 2.1 has not been completely finalized which means the devs aren't going to release every single detail about 2.1 right now because people will have heart attacks if anything announced now is changed in the slightest way before 2.1 launches. They have released a significant amount of information through the Q&A's with the fansites. Obviously, more info will come at some point. But we have the basics.

Is there some law being violated here? People are constantly whining that the community team doesn't post 100 times a day and now you're giving them a hard time for trying to be more engaging with the community? They are the "community" team, not your personal team.

While Alec was probably joking, I think most people get huffy with Ms. Green and the rest of the team for not answering the "right" or "important" questions - two things that are highly subjective. So if, for the sake of argument, Ms. Green had a long Q&A session with the Crafters about the madness they're experiencing, you'd probably see a number of PvP'ers decrying her for not having a Q&A session on the bolster.

And then when they try to engage the Community on "fun" topics (something that was mentioned several months back) to make the forums seem more alive and the team more involved with the Community, people get angry because they assume that we aren't being taken seriously :rolleyes:

That being said, I would like to see some interaction on the SGRA topic, but I'll have to assume it's off limits until Mr. Hickman dismounts from his hippogriff and drinks of ambrosia for the required enlightenment.