Galactic Star Fighter

Amunra-amunray

It would seem the Devs continue to fail us in GSF matches. They continue to perpetuate a Guild presence not allowing anyone to maximize their ships, learn or even win a match. This should be brought into the 23 Century of coding since you have focused characters enough... its time to do some work for all that money you have collected. Not give away the game to veteran players who provide no new subscription fees.

The fastest way to kill your player base or new player subscriptions is to continue allowing this unbalanced Que system of fleets that are guild centralized.

For the haters this has nothing to do with Teamwork; and everything to do with allowing others to have fun and achieve. Its time for the haters to give back and the new players to have a chance. Not overrun dead guilds of a few overpowered super computing teams of death!

:eek:

I have to disagree with the statements about the machtmaking. I can clearly see how the machtes are well balanced and the system is taking into account the "rating" of the players. When I am in the que and i have several matches I already know the good players and see that we are always against each other so that the game is balanced.

Its also a lie about the maxing out the ships. Devs have changed the "Introduction to GSF" mission so that it includes A LOT of coms for your ship and almost lets you maxime one ship just with those coms. Then its just a question of several matches which give you the last coms needed to get the right crew etc. Its too easy to max out one ship now. There is a even faster way, but you have to be able to spend some Cartel Coins on it.

The main issue of GSF is that there are very few players playing it and these are very good players so its enough if there are 2-3 of these in the team and the game can be turned into their victory. A problem is also the grouping of these people when they que as a group its impossible to beat them. There are guilds that really love GSF and they que like this.

Also a problem are the big rewards coming from GSF. Because ot those you have many afkers in the matches which makes the games be not 8v8 but 8v6 or 7v5 etc. In order to finish a GSF weekly u need 7 points, compared to regs or ranked warzones that is WAY less time spent. In a good day you can finish the weekly in less than an hour. That earns you 700 fragments, 100 fragments for the daily and also fragments for the matches (50 for win, 30 for loss). Thats quite a few fragments for little time spent.

I have to disagree with the statements about the machtmaking. I can clearly see how the machtes are well balanced and the system is taking into account the "rating" of the players. When I am in the que and i have several matches I already know the good players and see that we are always against each other so that the game is balanced.

Its also a lie about the maxing out the ships. Devs have changed the "Introduction to GSF" mission so that it includes A LOT of coms for your ship and almost lets you maxime one ship just with those coms. Then its just a question of several matches which give you the last coms needed to get the right crew etc. Its too easy to max out one ship now. There is a even faster way, but you have to be able to spend some Cartel Coins on it.

The main issue of GSF is that there are very few players playing it and these are very good players so its enough if there are 2-3 of these in the team and the game can be turned into their victory. A problem is also the grouping of these people when they que as a group its impossible to beat them. There are guilds that really love GSF and they que like this.

Also a problem are the big rewards coming from GSF. Because ot those you have many afkers in the matches which makes the games be not 8v8 but 8v6 or 7v5 etc. In order to finish a GSF weekly u need 7 points, compared to regs or ranked warzones that is WAY less time spent. In a good day you can finish the weekly in less than an hour. That earns you 700 fragments, 100 fragments for the daily and also fragments for the matches (50 for win, 30 for loss). Thats quite a few fragments for little time spent.

you would cause you see only math not action. They are not balanced ask your player base... until then reserve comment for those that can see, not those who follow the same ol same ol

and not sure how but the same engine that is about wins to loses and rank somehow affects the ques as I have no one on ignore and the elite players always seem to be on the opposite QUES. The math or the ideas you have are antiquated and bogus at BEST! have a starter amount of coms does nothing it takes days of play to even begin to tackle some of the auto aiming, starship mouse or steering wheel for you device, and auto follow macros the pro hackers use to cheat the system that allegedly is working as intended. Your disagreement is noted but severely FLAWED as your an inside the box thinker! no offense...

The good players farm the new players all day. I know cause i am there most days all day... so keep on keeping on thinking your smart...

And having friends that confirm your story does not make you right! I am sure the same number of "Friends" that confirm your notions can confirm mine as well... more roads lead to the same destination than the eye can see...

:cool:

Edited by Amunra-amunray

Well, i play GSF a lot now due to weekly and the fragments from it, so i do experience a lot of matches. I play mostly at night so maybe during the day its different cause at night the kids go to sleep. From my point of view it is as I wrote it.

Well, i play GSF a lot now due to weekly and the fragments from it, so i do experience a lot of matches. I play mostly at night so maybe during the day its different cause at night the kids go to sleep. From my point of view it is as I wrote it.

Understood, no during the day its a elitist farm of strife from over powered ships that one shot people all day long...

GSF forum is this way ----> http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=419

They continue to perpetuate a Guild presence not allowing anyone to maximize their ships, learn or even win a match

What does this mean exactly? Everyone can max their ships in GSF- they made it about ten times easier than at launch. Nobody is losing GSF because of unmastered ships, *totes promise*.

You can also practice with friends using the challenge system, the same as in the ground game pvp. Or, of course, you can just play.

What does "guild presence" mean? Are you complaining about teams playing together? I'll assume that's your complaint.

Not give away the game to veteran players who provide no new subscription fees.

This is really bizarre. Are you saying that good GSF players are not subscribed? Or that only subscribers should be able to fully compete in GSF? Are you saying that it should have the ability to buy power for cartel coins? Or is this just more crying that you lose to coordinated teams made of pilots who are better than you?

For the haters this has nothing to do with Teamwork

No, it seems that you hate teamwork because your opponents have it and you don't; therefore you want it removed because it makes you lose, and you hate losing. Your denial of it is an outright lie.

Not overrun dead guilds of a few overpowered super computing teams of death!

what on earth is this am i arguing with a chatbot

--

I can clearly see how the machtes are well balanced and the system is taking into account the "rating" of the players

You can see it, probably because you've been playing for a long time and know how it was before, where it was just totally random. Now it does try. But honestly, the matchmaker could definitely be improved; it could look at wins over losses, or keep an internal matchmaking number and use that. Matchmaker could make better matches.

Also a problem are the big rewards coming from GSF

I mean, you're not wrong, but there's more to it. GSF with better rewards is a better experience than GSF with poor or no rewards. Because the GSF ships themselves so rapidly reach a fully unlocked state ("mastered" or even "complete"), and there's no further gear progression, the game mode itself needs to give decentish rewards for time spent. Really, anything in an MMO that has rewards should offer similar rewards per hour for any given content, with more for the content that has less total stuff to do in a week (such as GSF). The current state of GSF rewards results in queues popping, which in turn keeps players queuing. The devs did a good job here, I feel.

----

have a starter amount of coms does nothing

Dude, the starter fleet commendation token allows you to unlock EACH AND EVERY SHIP right then, immediately, after a SINGLE game played! All the ships!

Then, every daily and weekly applies requisition to them- over twice what it used to- and then, every component costs half of what it used to!

You can also take "fleet commendations" and turn them in to "legacy ship requsition" tokens, and gain even more requisition on every ship without even playing GSF, as these can come from procs with endgame loot, or playing the pve mode (or running GSF on mastered characters). So if you have a problem with this method of gearing, I don't know what to tell you, it's really easy these days.

it takes days of play to even begin to tackle some of the auto aiming

No one is using "auto aiming". Learn to fly.

starship mouse or steering wheel for you device

I don't know what this means. Everyone flies with a mouse. The chosen input for GSF makes it optimal for GSF; a properly designed joystick would be better, but that doesn't exist, so mouse is by far your best bet.

and auto follow macros the pro hackers use to cheat the system that allegedly is working as intended

No one uses auto follow macros.

No one is a "pro hacker".

No one is "cheating the system".

The good players farm the new players all day

Are you talking this week? Because kinda yes. These are unusual times though.

Have you considered making a team?

Your disagreement is noted but severely FLAWED as your an inside the box thinker! no offense...

Even if he was an "inside the box thinker" that doesn't make his thinking "flawed". Not that he is, I'm just pointing out that the whole thing doesn't even make sense if you accept your given.

Anyway Amunra, why not team up and win? You can cjoin gsf on Starforge and Satele (and likely on the Euro servers).

If you want to find a group, you can try looking in the GSF Groupfinder Discord:

https://discord.gg/Jk45zY

Depending on the time of day it can be easy or hard to find someone to group with. Flying as a team maximizes your chances of victory, and lets you coordinate and play the game fully!

GSF forum is this way ----> http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=419

What does this mean exactly? Everyone can max their ships in GSF- they made it about ten times easier than at launch. Nobody is losing GSF because of unmastered ships, *totes promise*.

You can also practice with friends using the challenge system, the same as in the ground game pvp. Or, of course, you can just play.

What does "guild presence" mean? Are you complaining about teams playing together? I'll assume that's your complaint.

This is really bizarre. Are you saying that good GSF players are not subscribed? Or that only subscribers should be able to fully compete in GSF? Are you saying that it should have the ability to buy power for cartel coins? Or is this just more crying that you lose to coordinated teams made of pilots who are better than you?

No, it seems that you hate teamwork because your opponents have it and you don't; therefore you want it removed because it makes you lose, and you hate losing. Your denial of it is an outright lie.

what on earth is this am i arguing with a chatbot

--

You can see it, probably because you've been playing for a long time and know how it was before, where it was just totally random. Now it does try. But honestly, the matchmaker could definitely be improved; it could look at wins over losses, or keep an internal matchmaking number and use that. Matchmaker could make better matches.

I mean, you're not wrong, but there's more to it. GSF with better rewards is a better experience than GSF with poor or no rewards. Because the GSF ships themselves so rapidly reach a fully unlocked state ("mastered" or even "complete"), and there's no further gear progression, the game mode itself needs to give decentish rewards for time spent. Really, anything in an MMO that has rewards should offer similar rewards per hour for any given content, with more for the content that has less total stuff to do in a week (such as GSF). The current state of GSF rewards results in queues popping, which in turn keeps players queuing. The devs did a good job here, I feel.

----

Dude, the starter fleet commendation token allows you to unlock EACH AND EVERY SHIP right then, immediately, after a SINGLE game played! All the ships!

Then, every daily and weekly applies requisition to them- over twice what it used to- and then, every component costs half of what it used to!

You can also take "fleet commendations" and turn them in to "legacy ship requsition" tokens, and gain even more requisition on every ship without even playing GSF, as these can come from procs with endgame loot, or playing the pve mode (or running GSF on mastered characters). So if you have a problem with this method of gearing, I don't know what to tell you, it's really easy these days.

No one is using "auto aiming". Learn to fly.

I don't know what this means. Everyone flies with a mouse. The chosen input for GSF makes it optimal for GSF; a properly designed joystick would be better, but that doesn't exist, so mouse is by far your best bet.

No one uses auto follow macros.

No one is a "pro hacker".

No one is "cheating the system".

Are you talking this week? Because kinda yes. These are unusual times though.

Have you considered making a team?

Even if he was an "inside the box thinker" that doesn't make his thinking "flawed". Not that he is, I'm just pointing out that the whole thing doesn't even make sense if you accept your given.

Anyway Amunra, why not team up and win? You can cjoin gsf on Starforge and Satele (and likely on the Euro servers).

If you want to find a group, you can try looking in the GSF Groupfinder Discord:

https://discord.gg/Jk45zY

Depending on the time of day it can be easy or hard to find someone to group with. Flying as a team maximizes your chances of victory, and lets you coordinate and play the game fully!

ASK the NON VETERAN PLAYERS all your new people quitting cause you are ignorant. and dont want to work. And, if it takes that much fluff to make your point there is an issue for real!

Edited by Amunra-amunray

ASK the NON VETERAN PLAYERS

The people who constantly raise complaints like "everyone aimbots" and who, if you can get them to cough up a video, hardly ever change power settings? The players who start aiming at 10k away? The players who play terrible builds and fly them terribly and don't understand line of sight or speed or tracking or the stats or any other thing?

Why should I ask the people who don't understand the game? Why would their opinions matter?

And why would I ask them about things like "premades"? New players don't even understand how to play as a team. Team tactics are totally lost to them. They don't even have premades that they run with.

The game ideally offers appropriate challenges to all players, and in a pvp game, that's not always possible. In a game with reasonable small queues, it's not going to happen all the time- this is part of why pvp players tend to grow a reasonably thick skin or stop being pvp players. A new player in a pvp game should:

1- Expect that information is available about how to play

2- Expect to find other players looking to group and win

3- Expect a learning curve if the game has any meaningful depth at all, which GSF definitely does.

4- Expect to be paired against and with players that will make his defeat or victory closer to even.

GSF does ok on most things, is my point- (4) is a bit of an exception, because the matchmaker mostly looks at games played. Actual new players do tend to get slotted with veterans more than not. But beyond that, it seems to mostly be up in the air, as it seems that many players that aren't that great tend to get put in the same bucket as players who are really good, based solely on games played- it's not a bad metric, but it's not a perfect one.

all your new people quitting

I don't really think they are. The big thing is that it's a full axis arcade space sim... that you play from inside of an MMO. That limits the number of new players, and always has.

And, if it takes that much fluff to make your point there is an issue for real!

There's not really any relation between length of argument and veracity that I'm aware of.

Meanwhile, you block quoted my entire post and pretty much just said "nuh-UH!" instead of arguing. So... I mean...

The people who constantly raise complaints like "everyone aimbots" and who, if you can get them to cough up a video, hardly ever change power settings? The players who start aiming at 10k away? The players who play terrible builds and fly them terribly and don't understand line of sight or speed or tracking or the stats or any other thing?

Why should I ask the people who don't understand the game? Why would their opinions matter?

And why would I ask them about things like "premades"? New players don't even understand how to play as a team. Team tactics are totally lost to them. They don't even have premades that they run with.

The game ideally offers appropriate challenges to all players, and in a pvp game, that's not always possible. In a game with reasonable small queues, it's not going to happen all the time- this is part of why pvp players tend to grow a reasonably thick skin or stop being pvp players. A new player in a pvp game should:

1- Expect that information is available about how to play

2- Expect to find other players looking to group and win

3- Expect a learning curve if the game has any meaningful depth at all, which GSF definitely does.

4- Expect to be paired against and with players that will make his defeat or victory closer to even.

GSF does ok on most things, is my point- (4) is a bit of an exception, because the matchmaker mostly looks at games played. Actual new players do tend to get slotted with veterans more than not. But beyond that, it seems to mostly be up in the air, as it seems that many players that aren't that great tend to get put in the same bucket as players who are really good, based solely on games played- it's not a bad metric, but it's not a perfect one.

I don't really think they are. The big thing is that it's a full axis arcade space sim... that you play from inside of an MMO. That limits the number of new players, and always has.

There's not really any relation between length of argument and veracity that I'm aware of.

Meanwhile, you block quoted my entire post and pretty much just said "nuh-UH!" instead of arguing. So... I mean...

Like shooting through an asteroid or getting one shot at point blank range and my ships are decked out and even with mit and accuracy

so this concept is bogus

I am sure it has more to do with them being in China with a ping of 400 and mine at 36 and cannot hit them but they can see and target you just fine. Make the ships more durable and have more health. But this fast pace society will never do it. It's a starcraft not a paper plane.

Well I am not sure there is any recently updated GSF guild. I think there was no update since they buffed Strikes. The only one I know was Stacies GSF guide.

Gunships NEED a nerf PLAIN and simple, if that is the mostly used craft in an instance it is just like the flavors of the month in standard pvp of Operatives, and Power Techs that have massive burst damage due to bolster being broken on their classes.

Gunships are the Juggs of GSF... get a clue people. don't just accept numbers stats and moronic programming at face value. The copywriters are Pissed. so it's only a matter of time...