Are Sith inquisitors or Warriors more powerful?

OcTwenty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking in "Pure combat terms" the Warrior is the more powerful in melee combat using his lightsaber prowess. The Inquisitor is the more powerful force user using lighting/leech abilities. With that in mind, I guess it boils down to can the Warrior cut the inquistior in 1/2 b4 the Inquistior lights the warrior up like a 4th of july fireworks display?

Speaking in "Pure combat terms" the Warrior is the more powerful in melee combat using his lightsaber prowess. The Inquisitor is the more powerful force user using lighting/leech abilities. With that in mind, I guess it boils down to can the Warrior cut the inquistior in 1/2 b4 the Inquistior lights the warrior up like a 4th of july fireworks display?

Basically this in a nutshell.

Why is the Warrior even considered to be more powerful in melee combat, when my Inquisitor and Shadow kicked butt in melee with their lightsaber?

Ah I thought you were attempting to use it as if it means someone else had passed them in power.

I honestly think that's a ridiculous position to take. The keyword being 'were', as in... they were but no longer. Why? Because some of them are dead (Jadus is captured, but I doubt the council would let him live due to the whole Sattelite business idea he had... at least, I wouldn't let him live afterwards). Hadra gets killed by anyone waltzing along the pub corelia storyline as well.

Also, it's kinda meaningless to compare 'power' levels between two people who never met, but at the end of the day, a couple of people that you're championing fell (as in, not even their 'power' was sufficient to save them) and yet the Sith Warrior (or Inquisitor) still live.

I honestly think that's a ridiculous position to take. The keyword being 'were', as in... they were but no longer. Why? Because some of them are dead (Jadus is captured, but I doubt the council would let him live due to the whole Sattelite business idea he had... at least, I wouldn't let him live afterwards). Hadra gets killed by anyone waltzing along the pub corelia storyline as well.

Also, it's kinda meaningless to compare 'power' levels between two people who never met, but at the end of the day, a couple of people that you're championing fell (as in, not even their 'power' was sufficient to save them) and yet the Sith Warrior (or Inquisitor) still live.

Isn't Jadus only captured if you choose that option on the Agent? I haven't run all the FPs/OPs/what have you, but having completed Agent storyline, I know you can work for Jadus, and I know my Agent tried to blow him up with the ship, but he got away and was never heard from again.

So my question is...how is it Jadus became a "were" and not "is"?

Isn't Jadus only captured if you choose that option on the Agent? I haven't run all the FPs/OPs/what have you, but having completed Agent storyline, I know you can work for Jadus, and I know my Agent tried to blow him up with the ship, but he got away and was never heard from again.

As far as I know, Jadus escapes no matter what. If you try to capture him, you get to fight him, but the mission makes note of the fact that his personal shuttle was seen fleeing the ship right before it's destroyed. If you talk him down, similarly, he flees, and if you decide to join him, obviously, he stays in charge.

As far as I know, Jadus escapes no matter what. If you try to capture him, you get to fight him, but the mission makes note of the fact that his personal shuttle was seen fleeing the ship right before it's destroyed. If you talk him down, similarly, he flees, and if you decide to join him, obviously, he stays in charge.

So, wouldn't he still be one of the top force users and alive?

No, he still is, the SWTOR Encyclopedia makes it quite clear that those three were or are the top dogs, nowhere is it said the Emperor's Wrath surpass either of them.

The Wrath was not mentioned because he is beyond them. The Emperor would not choose a Wrath who wasn't capable of destroying any Dark Council member - probably all of them at the same time.

The Wrath obliterated Sel'Makor (being of pure Dark Side) who possessed the Emperor's True voice (seizing at least some of its power). Considering how powerful the Voice is (slapped down an entire strike team of the Jedi's best and brightest and twisted their minds to his will), it's an amazing feat. And Jadus is killable by a "lowly" non-Forceuser in the plotline. He's all smoke, mirrors and hot air.

Why is the Warrior even considered to be more powerful in melee combat, when my Inquisitor and Shadow kicked butt in melee with their lightsaber?

I wouldn't really mix lore and class balance :)

Edited by Helig

Yep sorry still not buying it, whatsoever, love your class all you like, the Sith Warrior is NOT more powerful than Malgus, Marr and Jadus they are considered the best the Empire had.

Oh and Jadus clearly wasn't taking anything seriously in that engagement, believing otherwise is foolish.

We know as fact that Nox is considered the least powerful Dark Council member and we have no idea how the Wrath of the Emperor matches up at all.

Unless anyone here can provide sufficient evidence to suggest that the Wrath is more powerful, then just quit.

Simply put it takes four in the False Emperor flashpoint, that should say everything.

Yep sorry still not buying it, whatsoever, love your class all you like, the Sith Warrior is NOT more powerful than Malgus, Marr and Jadus they are considered the best the Empire had.

Oh and Jadus clearly wasn't taking anything seriously in that engagement, believing otherwise is foolish.

We know as fact that Nox is considered the least powerful Dark Council member and we have no idea how the Wrath of the Emperor matches up at all.

Unless anyone here can provide sufficient evidence to suggest that the Wrath is more powerful, then just quit.

Simply put it takes four in the False Emperor flashpoint, that should say everything.

Burden of proof switching isn't exactly how a debate works. "He wasn't taking the encounter seriously" is a pretty feeble excuse, tbh.

But then again, False Emperor was not a matter of e-peen measurement, it was an operation to put down a traitor.

You don't seriously expect a SWAT team leader go 1 on 1 against the terrorist leader and face him in the field of honour, do you? No, they bash their way in, taking any advantage they can to secure a 100% fast and clean operation success.

Edited by Helig

^

I'd argue that just because you can't die doesn't mean you can't be defeated.

I think in terms of the class stories, the warrior comes off as the more powerful individual. But the OP asked about inquisitorS and warriorS. With that in mind, I tend to think of inquisitors as far more powerful than warriors. Politically and in terms of raw prowess with the force, I'd bet on an inquisitor over a warrior most of the time. There are exceptions, sure. The Wrath, Darth Marr, Darth Malgus. Clearly hugely powerful warriors, and in no small part because of the influence they hold. But if you look at who pulls most of the strings, and who does most of the whacked out super duper dark side stuff, inquisitors take the cake, imo.

To be fair alot of sith inquisitors have killed Darth Malgus solo ;)

And on top of that i am fairly certain that a Sith assassin will be a pretty even match for the warrior considering, what he is capable to do. I never really felt the class story of the inquisitor matched the assassin adv. class, it felt more like a sorc class quest

So the warrior would be banging down doors killing everything in sight while the assassin would, well you get the picture.

Edited by Griad

This is an excellent point. We're all assuming the Inquisitor has no lightsaber skill whatsoever despite the fact that there's an entire AC that focuses on its lightsaber combat.

This is an excellent point. We're all assuming the Inquisitor has no lightsaber skill whatsoever despite the fact that there's an entire AC that focuses on its lightsaber combat.

Not really - all Sin specs use less melee powers than Warrior specs, save for Rage - but even then only 1 Sin spec relies more than Rage on melee - Deception, but it's not a toe-to-toe spec either - it's surprise and control-oriented.

Edited by Helig

Hard to Say as both are player Characters....

However, with the Forcewalking abilities - I just think that the Inquisitor has more potential than the Warrior...

Personally I think that the Forcewalking ability has just been touched upon and used in kind of a desperate emergency to counter Thanaton. Now that the Inquistor has overcome him and is part of the Dark Council (somewhat grudgingly) and is somewhat free to explore the Esoteric Secrets of the force - I think that there may be a lot more secrets to be unlocked with this power (or a way to amp up yourself to ridiculous levels)

Remember that very few people in history had this ability - and even all those that had it could only bind one ghost at a time ... The Inquisitor is the only person that was able to bind more than one spirit - in fact the inquisitor was able to Bind 4 - This gives a lot of scope of what a good Writer could do with the Inquisitor and can easily be used to explain why the Inquisitor could justifiably surpass everyone else

I can see the Warrior as the Right hand of the Emperor - but I could see the Inquisitor potentially eventually being able to surpass the Dark Council and then even becoming the Emperor.......

Not really - all Sin specs use less melee powers than Warrior specs, save for Rage - but even then only 1 Sin spec relies more than Rage on melee - Deception, but it's not a toe-to-toe spec either - it's surprise and control-oriented.

You seem to be implying that its a negative that one of the Assassin specs relies on sneak attacks despite the fact that the Inquisitor thrives on being a cunning SOB. My point is that the Inquisitor may be a force prodigy, but that does not mean that they'd be instantly torn to pieces if the Warrior got up in their face with a lightsaber.

You seem to be implying that its a negative that one of the Assassin specs relies on sneak attacks despite the fact that the Inquisitor thrives on being a cunning SOB. My point is that the Inquisitor may be a force prodigy, but that does not mean that they'd be instantly torn to pieces if the Warrior got up in their face with a lightsaber.

I know I don't tend to rely on stealth on my Sin/Shadow (Deception/Infiltration specs). And control? I shoot lightning/throw a boulder that if I'm lucky might stun an enemy. :p Low Strike does have the stun, but never relied on it.

But that spec is rather simple spec imo (but also more fun imo). My Rage/Force (think that was the Rep side equivalent spec) Spec didn't use force abilities as much (Smash had some Force Effect) though I did like to throw in Force Choke all the time. :)

why are yous bringing specs into this? gameplay mechanics arent canon.

More of, where in the storyline does it say "You suck with a lightsaber?" Why spec was brought up. Everyone is saying Warrior is better with the lightsaber. My Assassin would disagree :p

I'd even argue that, given how much more dangerous it is to wield a double-bladed lightsaber, an assassin should be far more skilled in lightsaber combat than the warrior considering they can, at best, flail wildly with a saber in each hand. Edited by Acidwire