Why are all new European servers to bear sith names?

Johrun

http://http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/swtor-united-forces-server-2.jpg

I don't want to be a sw sjw, but why do devs so blatantly favor imps in favor of reps? I know imp population is larger, but can't we have something neutral :rak_02:

Malgus, Tulak and Leviathan for Europe.

USA got the Hot Prospect (Zayne Carrick's ship -jedi) and Star Forge (ds).

My new server will be Darth Malgus and, sure, while I somewhat appreciate the character and he's a prominent sith in swtor plot, but he's nowhere on many people's favorite list, mine included. It's a turndown.

The sith server(s).

Edited by Johrun

Filthy colonial bias.

The US see us over in Europe as the bad guys still. Hence why the Imps invariably have British accents and the Republic are mostly Americans.

Sith servers for Europe and crappy names for the US.:p

DISCLAIMER: This post was not at all serious before somebody starts.....

Edited by orangenee

http://http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/swtor-united-forces-server-2.jpg

I don't want to be a sw sjw, but why do devs so blatantly favor imps in favor of reps? I know imp population is larger, but can't we have something neutral :rak_02:

Malgus, Tulak and Leviathan for Europe.

USA got the Hot Prospect (Zayne Carrick's ship -jedi) and Star Forge (ds).

My new server will be Darth Malgus and, sure, while I somewhat appreciate the character and he's a prominent sith in swtor plot, but he's nowhere on many people's favorite list, mine included. It's a turndown.

The sith server(s).

Because Empire forever! That said, Darth Malgus is a key figure of SWTOR and the most notable face of the MMO so it shouldn't come as a surprise a server was named after him. Also I will admit that having the names of Sith Lords as the server names does make them sound cool and fierce to me, really comes of us strong and daring and I love it.

Also, I fully freely admit that I am severely biased as to this subject as I adore the Sith and the Sith Empire, especially in this era of Star Wars...

Because Empire forever! That said, Darth Malgus is a key figure of SWTOR and the most notable face of the MMO so it shouldn't come as a surprise a server was named after him.

But it was a surprise to me. That pathetic loser who got wiped out of history very easily by a smooth group of Republic special forces. He went down and cried like the pathetic baby that he was. I couldn't imagine anyone who deserves less to have a server named after him. I'd spit on his grave, if he'd had one. But we kicked him down the dumpster of his ship in the traditional Finish-the-ugly-Sith-way.

Seriously, I do not get the hype about Malgus. It's undeserved.

I do think that Satele is the key figure of Swtor and she should have been in the CE box, for example. In the Coruscant-trailer, most people aww'd over Shae Vizla and not Malgus, so maybe even her as a server name instead of Loser Malgus? Lots of Mando fans out there. Surely more than Malgus fans?

In order to not have Europe Sith-only, I herewith suggest that Malgus and Satele servers swap names. And all Imp-lovers get a free transfer away, so that we, at last, have peace and quiet in the galaxy. :D

Can we have a server "The Outlander"? I think that would not be too bad.

I adore the Sith and the Sith Empire, especially in this era of Star Wars...

Adore? Really? Do you mean how it is pictured in the game, the aestetics etc. or do you mean what it stands for, like slavery, oppression, dictatorship etc.

Edited by JattaGin

I don't like a server named after him either, probably none of the characters appearing in the class game should be used.

Malgus is for the empire what Satele is to the republic, the one you frequently interact with for flashpoints and operations. He is a to the point, rational and not a lunatic kind of Sith.

Adore? Really? Do you mean how it is pictured in the game, the aestetics etc. or do you mean what it stands for, like slavery, oppression, dictatorship etc.
There is no other empire then the empire as it's depicted in the game

Filthy colonial bias.

The US see us over in Europe as the bad guys still. Hence why the Imps invariably have British accents and the Republic are mostly Americans.

Sith servers for Europe and crappy names for the US.:p

DISCLAIMER: This post was not at all serious before somebody starts.....

As an Ameican living in Europe, I can actually roll with this....(though these days, it's more Europe=good guys, US=bad guys).

...a server name instead of Loser Malgus? Lots of Mando fans out there. Surely more than Malgus fans?

In order to not have Europe Sith-only, I herewith suggest that Malgus and Satele servers swap names. And all Imp-lovers get a free transfer away, so that we, at last, have peace and quiet in the galaxy. :D

Amusing post.

Same here. I like Satele too, she's outlived Malgus and plays a prominent role throughout swtor. She's great. There could've been something neutral at least and I know BW has writers who can do this well. I don't fancy logging into Darth Malgus, ehhh, especially with all European server names being sith (4/5 servers overall) + it feels like betraying the republic :hope_06:

I would like the Star Forger server be renamed to Darth Marr since hahaha "Hot Prospect" got to be named Satale Shan.

Don't think it's going to happen, you need to have a special case first! That and people seem to like the name star forge.:rak_03:

As an Ameican living in Europe, I can actually roll with this....(though these days, it's more Europe=good guys, US=bad guys).

Wait.... I'm still technically European, but I'd definitely say the US were the good guys. It definitely isn't the Europeans. Most definitely not.