No extra Character Slots for Oceanic

Bocek

Thank you for once again ignoring the apac area, you ignored us in release and you have ignored us with the extra character slots. Three servers ignored and you consider this confusion, in this so called confusion did you forget any US servers or euro servers, the answer would be no because you had to consolidate those ones. We know you wont be able to add the extra slots to the apac servers with out taking them down (we are not that stupid) but please do not take them down for another 8 hours. This needs to be done this week (should be today) do not wait for next tuesday.

It would be nice to give the apac servers a small compensation for this confusion but then everyone else would complain so this wont happen.

I would settle for a better explaination as to why we got forgotten.

Eeeck, just relax. Your giving the rest of us as bad image with your endless mewling. :eek:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the subject of server merge.....

One concern BW would have is that they are not sure how well the forum posts reflect the overall wishes. Some guilds/players may still prefer to be played under the PVP/RP-server-rules instead of merging into a PVE server.

I understand that there are a few guilds/players sucessfully requested transfer between the APAC servers via in-game ticket.

I suggest everyone who like to be transferred, submit in-game tickets. And spread the words.

Even if the requests may not be granted, BW can see the (overwhelming) number of requests and help to quantify any decision for server-merge.

Thank you for once again ignoring the apac area, you ignored us in release and you have ignored us with the extra character slots. Three servers ignored and you consider this confusion, in this so called confusion did you forget any US servers or euro servers, the answer would be no because you had to consolidate those ones. We know you wont be able to add the extra slots to the apac servers with out taking them down (we are not that stupid) but please do not take them down for another 8 hours. This needs to be done this week (should be today) do not wait for next tuesday.

It would be nice to give the apac servers a small compensation for this confusion but then everyone else would complain so this wont happen.

I would settle for a better explaination as to why we got forgotten.

You should be careful what you ask for. You know the downtime will be in our primetime right? Pretty sure this can wait until next Tuesday.

So we're all in favour of the server merger!

When I say "All" I mean most of us, including the PVPers, but they will "handle" the rest ;)

When I say handle I mean kill, of course, and when I say kill, I mean erase from existence. :rak_03:

I'm not sure the RPers are in favor or not.

World PVP in this game is not like other games due to different zones for Sith/ republic and when you get to 50 99% of your PVP is in warzones. We need all 3 servers merged. All people I have spoken to from the PvP server support this.

However those of us who prefer PVE servers (and I specifically chose a PVE server to begin with) don't approve of this very much. I can understand why they would do it but personally I think they should have waited to see if there would be an increase in people playing the game AFTER the F2P launched instead of forcing people like me who had already been moved once to move again less than 2 months later. Its too soon for BioWare/EA to be doing server mergers again at least I can add characters to the ones I already have thats the only thing that keeps me from leaving myself.

However those of us who prefer PVE servers (and I specifically chose a PVE server to begin with) don't approve of this very much. I can understand why they would do it but personally I think they should have waited to see if there would be an increase in people playing the game AFTER the F2P launched instead of forcing people like me who had already been moved once to move again less than 2 months later. Its too soon for BioWare/EA to be doing server mergers again at least I can add characters to the ones I already have thats the only thing that keeps me from leaving myself.

I'm on the PvE server and also specifically chose the PVE server but I would rather them merge now. I don't care if the resulting server is PvE or PvP, I really don't care. I just want more people to play with, to make the q time for FPs/WZs back to reasonable level, to make it easier find guild members. I don't like looking like a douche bag spamming general for weeks at a time to recruit for 1 ops spot.

BW should not wait, they should have learnt from the EU/US server population debacle where they lost a lot of players because they sat on their hands and did nothing. I don't want BW let our server dwindle down to 10-20 people on the fleet and only a handful of players out on the planets, because by then merging the server will be pointless, the single server will be worse than where we are at now.

Hi folks! Thanks for raising awareness for this! Rest assured that Oceanic servers will be getting 12 character slots as well. Apologies for the confusion and the wait as we work on making this adjustment. Thank you for your patience!

:csw_trooper: LOL, wait for it, there will be either another eight hour maintenance this Thursday/Friday or they will say that it is beneficial to merge all Asia Pacific servers with U.S servers to increase population. :csw_fett:

Hi folks! Thanks for raising awareness for this! Rest assured that Oceanic servers will be getting 12 character slots as well. Apologies for the confusion and the wait as we work on making this adjustment. Thank you for your patience!

Wow, you can take time out to give a bad answer here, but you cant give us anything real.

Why did you bring down OUR servers? We are getting ZERO merges.

Why do we have 3 servers (1 pvp 1 pve 1 rp) to cover 85 people? This is one of the reasons i unsubbed. Your broken promised and your so awful to your community.

WHY ARE WE GETTING ZERO MERGES?

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

Is 3 servers to cover 85, 45min-3hour WZ pops, 2-3 hour LFG tool pops - and we dont get 12 slots and we get ZERO GROWTH in population?

WHY THE F*** did you even sell this game to us? Your horrible Bioware.

Wow, you can take time out to give a bad answer here, but you cant give us anything real.

Why did you bring down OUR servers? We are getting ZERO merges.

Why do we have 3 servers (1 pvp 1 pve 1 rp) to cover 85 people? This is one of the reasons i unsubbed. Your broken promised and your so awful to your community.

WHY ARE WE GETTING ZERO MERGES?

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

Is 3 servers to cover 85, 45min-3hour WZ pops, 2-3 hour LFG tool pops - and we dont get 12 slots and we get ZERO GROWTH in population?

WHY THE F*** did you even sell this game to us? Your horrible Bioware.

Do you really expect them to respond to that kind of language? Really you're just making it far less likely we'll get told anything more.

I'm on the PvE server and also specifically chose the PVE server but I would rather them merge now. I don't care if the resulting server is PvE or PvP, I really don't care. I just want more people to play with, to make the q time for FPs/WZs back to reasonable level, to make it easier find guild members. I don't like looking like a douche bag spamming general for weeks at a time to recruit for 1 ops spot.

BW should not wait, they should have learnt from the EU/US server population debacle where they lost a lot of players because they sat on their hands and did nothing. I don't want BW let our server dwindle down to 10-20 people on the fleet and only a handful of players out on the planets, because by then merging the server will be pointless, the single server will be worse than where we are at now.

:csw_trooper: I’m on a PVE server also and I do care, the reason I chose a PVE server is so I can quest and play in peace without the worry of being attacked by others.

However, if we merged with a PVP server we would all be auto flagged and that would kill the game enjoyment for a lot of us, it would be easier for them to merge PVP with a PVP server so those that enjoy PVP can flag themselves and everyone would enjoy the game. :csw_fett:

Do you really expect them to respond to that kind of language? Really you're just making it far less likely we'll get told anything more.

No, but they will have to answer to their bosses why they lost many oceanic subscribers and possibly pink slips in few months.

Edited by Knockerz

:csw_trooper: I’m on a PVE server also and I do care, the reason I chose a PVE server is so I can quest and play in peace without the worry of being attacked by others.

However, if we merged with a PVP server we would all be auto flagged and that would kill the game enjoyment for a lot of us, it would be easier for them to merge PVP with a PVP server so those that enjoy PVP can flag themselves and everyone would enjoy the game. :csw_fett:

a server merge in to Dalborra would not cause this issue. The PvPers would have to activate their flags as Dalborra is a PvE server.

I say the risk of getting griefed by some douche bag every now and then is 1000 times better than spending hours waiting for a random FP q to pop.

Edited by Bocek

I find this quite insulting that a whole server community was overlooked regarding this issue. Not only were the Oceanic servers down for 12 hours (including the 4 hours of extended maintenance), but we do not get the additional character slots seen on other servers. And this time, unlike the games launch, you decide to tell us after the fact instead of hours before release, so I can't even say communication is improving.

Seeing as we are still paying you money to play this game, why are we getting a service of lesser quality that those on US/European servers? (I'm only referring to character slots here, as there is a major debacle as well regaring queues and lack of English speaking servers in US/Europe).

Edited by Mjollnir

I find this quite insulting that a whole server community was overlooked regarding this issue. Not only were the Oceanic servers down for 12 hours (including the 4 hours of extended maintenance), but we do not get the additional character slots seen on other servers. And this time, unlike the games launch, you decide to tell us after the fact instead of hours before release, so I can't even say communication is improving.

Seeing as we are still paying you money to play this game, why are we getting a service of lesser quality that those on US/European servers? (I'm only referring to character slots here, as there is a major debacle as well regaring queues and lack of English speaking servers in US/Europe).

I have to agree. It really shows how badly planned the maintenance is (and possibly why it takes so long), to forget to update an entire set of servers, but punish us by bringing them down for no reason.

If in the end they end up merging a PvE server with a PvP server, the new combined server will be PvE not PvP. They did it on an EU server, I don’t recall the name though. You won’t be auto flagged, unless someone grief’s you with one of the many PvP bugs that are in the game atm or you flag yourself before hand.

I am a GM on Dalborra.. one more **** up and a bunch of my guild will quit.. I do my best to keep em playing but Bioware is making it harder and harder.. I dont know what to say anymore...

I'm a GM of the largest guild on Gav Daragon since server start and I've been encouraging my players to stop playing when they tell me they are tired of the game. When people I consider friends come to me and say "This game isn't fun." it'd be irresponsible of me to try and compel them, using guilt or claims of friendship, to continue. ToR hasn't been good to us; why should I let people I like continue to be strung along by a company that won't even acknowledge us?

I'm a GM of the largest guild on Gav Daragon since server start and I've been encouraging my players to stop playing when they tell me they are tired of the game. When people I consider friends come to me and say "This game isn't fun." it'd be irresponsible of me to try and compel them, using guilt or claims of friendship, to continue. ToR hasn't been good to us; why should I let people I like continue to be strung along by a company that won't even acknowledge us?

I agree, and dont get me wrong.. I dont guilt them, I do events and the like.. but with GW2 and Pandas.. its not enough sometimes.. I just encourage them to come back for the new patch.