[HARD] The Foundry - Revan bugged?

He kept bugging out for us today. He would immune at 4% health and run around killing everyone. A week ago he was working fine for us. FIX IT BIOWARE. I want my Columni Boots. =(

Also side note: You don't need 20k health to kill this boss. I had 16k.5 hp when I was a young lil 50 and first kill this guy.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to kill him a couple of days in a row, then we noticed we couldn't anymore. The bugg where he runs arround freely inside his bubble when he is supposed to die is most likely due to ___TOO HIGH DPS___.

We heard from some guys that he should not be below 11% before he has cast his second force storm. We tested this today and pretty much just idled and danced once he hit the "rock phase" and let him be at 11 or 12% hp once he started channeling the second force storm. Our operative DPS is however a young and over eager guy so he started DPSing again once he saw the force storm being cast and quickly took him down to 10%.

The result was that he got into his bubble and ran arround for a while. Our tank had died seconds before this to the 3rd force lightning when he no longer had any defensive cooldowns to soak the first tick of damage and in resignation i stopped healing. Our operative dps died aswell as I told him that is what he gets for DPSing too early.

What happened next was that both the sith warrior tank and operative dps resurected outside the flashpoint and suddenly Revan went into emo mode and cut himself inside his bubble before commiting suicide giving us the loot.

Of course the sith warrior boots dropped, with no way for our tank to get back inside the flashpoint since the mission was completed.

Let's just hope that the game masters realise the stupidity in this and move the boots token from my inventory to his.

Edited by Jigglypants

He's not bugged we've killed him several times.

You just need a competent tank!

He is bugged, even if you don't count the massive force lightning damage he will keep fighting when he puts up his shield.

My guess is you have never had enough DPS to make that happen. Against that bug, the only thing that worked was just stop DPSing for like 20 seconds for us when he is in his sith phase as described in my previous post.

Just because he is killable, doesn't mean he is free of bugs.

And the worst part is.. according to the test server, tomorrow's patch only indicates:

The Foundry

Corrected an issue that could cause the final boss to become stuck at 10% health.

So still expect 20k lightning hits and possibly attacking while invuln at 5% and under.

I could deal with 20k Force Lightning and the invulnerable while Force Storm bug even.. what I can't deal with is randomly gaining Power of the Darkside even after interrupting Force Lightning and taking 20k+ melee hits. This is hot fix worthy it's so broken. Edited by joerumble

Got him on our first attempt last night, had heard he was bugged prior to but we went in blind mostly for fun. :) Did fine until just as he went into the victory voice over, bastard one shotted me for 42k damage then started talking... Up until that point we'd had no issues with force lightning. Was a moment of panic on mumble as I went down, then we realized he was immune to further damage. :p

50 Juggernaut with near full columi gear.

trying to do it now, the random chainligning is one shotting me for 58k dmg in one go. i wuld be easy if i know when he is going to do it, butt it seems random when he dos it after force storm.....

bossted my hp upp to 20k youst to try but nort worth it if he dos 58k in one go.

i am Assassin Tank and i know Force scroud... but if i cant se whe he dos its no way i can do it becos of the 58k dmg on the first tick.

sorry for bad spelling nott my nativ tong

The damage is not a bug

Get geared, pop cooldowns, have DPS to get him past that stage.

Please dont nerf stuff for the casuals

make people play better, dont lower the fun o the game for people who dont want to learn how to play

trying to do it now, the random chainligning is one shotting me for 58k dmg in one go. i wuld be easy if i know when he is going to do it, butt it seems random when he dos it after force storm.....

bossted my hp upp to 20k youst to try but nort worth it if he dos 58k in one go.

i am Assassin Tank and i know Force scroud... but if i cant se whe he dos its no way i can do it becos of the 58k dmg on the first tick.

sorry for bad spelling nott my nativ tong

its not random

its exactly 10 seconds after first lgithning storm

then he jumps and does it again, battle res the person eh jumps to

also, interupts are your friends

Edited by Tierdal

The damage is not a bug

make people play better, dont lower the fun o the game for people who dont want to learn how to play

You're joking right? Fool.

Tried it again tonight thinking: "Hey, it's been a couple weeks. Surely they've fixed it by now." NOPE. Bioware needs to get this fixed. The endgame content isn't in massive amounts yet as it is. The least they could do is see to it that what there is; functions correctly.

First time: Revan @ 4%, bubbles and goes immune...and continues to run around blasting everyone until his enrage timer ticks over and he starts oneshotting people.

Second - Fourth times: Force Storm, then oneshots people while he's at around 25% hp.

The damage is not a bug

Maybe the damage ain't a bug but its damn certain it's overtuned as hell. Whats funny is you say get geared up, but isnt that the point of Heroic Flashpoints to gear you up, so you then can do OPs and further up? Or is your definition of progression different from mine? Otherwise why give tokens and gems to get the LOWEST quality epic gear from the commendation vendors?

Actually, it is my understanding that the progression path is normal FP, normal Ops, Hard FP, Hard Ops and then Nightmare Ops.

The fact that hard mode flashpoints drops the first tier of tokens is just as compensation if you're unlucky with drops (We are running with 80-90% warrior loot in my regular hard mode FP group... and obviously don't have a warrior)

Anyway, sorry for the slightly off topic comment.

I came here to check if the Foundry had been "fixed" or if it was a matter of mechanics that you somehow have to deal with. And tips to do so.

This is the last FP we are missing on hardmode, but we've so far been putting it off, as we heard that Revan is bugged.

Edited by pBartels

As of two days ago this was still bugged. His lightening still goes through immunity shields and even if you interupt he will recast. The closest we have gotten is repeatedly getting him to like 4% after then second storm. He still goes immune and lightening owns people whilst running around.

Is there a workaround for this somehow ?

for me it seems somewhere around 50% he starts oneshotting people.

I have all my team 100% healed before this event, but its impossible for me to deal with that kind of damage, and as their hp < his oneshot it dosnt matter anyways.

Any tips or suggestion on howto get past this point ?

/korvbollina

Is there a workaround for this somehow ?

for me it seems somewhere around 50% he starts oneshotting people.

I have all my team 100% healed before this event, but its impossible for me to deal with that kind of damage, and as their hp < his oneshot it dosnt matter anyways.

Any tips or suggestion on howto get past this point ?

/korvbollina

This fight is indeed very bugged, me and my guild group had some trouble but at the end we came up with some ideas that work.

We made a couple guide videos for our guildies that haven't hit 50 yet, here's the one for foundry.

Hard mode Foundry guide: http://youtu.be/-mxot89a3zQ

We also have guides for false emp, boarding party and battle of illum. We've cleared all hard modes including hard mode operations, I've gathered footage from all that and I will be posting more guides soon for use of our guild and anyone who might find it helpful.

Feel free to comment on different strats or if you noticed anything that I missed.

As a sin tank I've got'a count till 10 then use Force shroud. This make me immune to his first tick so I then interrupt the force lightning.

The next problem is he bugs out again and becomes immune to all damage. So broken!

(His dialog phase or whatever)

Still bugged.

I'll take a wild guess here and assume there's an accidental "0" too much in his cast.

Which only leaves my final conclusion that BW isn't aware of this. Even with all things considered, he WILL recast after being interrupted.

Given that with the horrific ability delay you can even interrupt. That just highlights an issue with another...

I can also confirm this is still an issue. The sad part is when we finally got past the instagib ability, we got the bubble bug on top of it. That's when we all decided to give up haha. Hopefully this bug is also squashed along with the bubble bug in 1.1

It's possible to kill him.

You fight him normally and don't use any cool downs until he sucks everyone in and does the purple lightning, once he does that all dps burns their cooldowns and you have to burn him to the meteor phase. The tank needs to blow all his defensive cooldowns to survive the instagib that he does. If you have enough dps you wont get the second instakill move that he does.

We just killed him for the second time last night.

Some facts about this encounter:

- AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME REVAN IS DOABLE.

- You need tank with decent gear that can pop his cooldowns to survive one tick of force lightning.

- You need instant interrupt on the above mentioned ability so it only ticks once.

- You need very strong DPS that can burn him down from 35% - save your cooldowns for this time, with weak DPS you can't beat Revan.

- That being said, FIGHT IS BUGGED.

- When you "kill" Revan and he pops his shield that makes him immune to all incoming DMG, he still attacks players and one shots them. This should be the end of fight. If this happens to you, just wipe, try again and hope for the best.

- Not sure if the DMG done by force lightning is intended. It is possible that this hard just requires good gear.

- Another minor bug I noticed is that beating him does not award player with codex entry in achievements: epic enemies tab. Conspiracy theory: BioWare intentionally made this fight impossible so people cry less about Revan being roflstomp easy boss? :rolleyes:

Edited by Deviss