I think that Disney owes the fans an explanation...

TheBBP

I don't mean to sound like another self-entitled denizen of the internet, but I think that Disney has some 'splainin' to do regarding their recent moves.

Now, I do not believe for a second that Disney paid billions to tear apart and ruin Star Wars, but I think that Disney would do well to address the fans and alleviate our concerns.

Anyone agree?

I don't think they completely know themselves. It's a lot to digest for the company, and they're probably still sorting through all the content and projects underway to determine where they want to take things.

I think that they do indeed have a plan which is why they have been making moves. Multi-billion dollar corporations do not make moves like this without a plan. I think that they are going full-steam ahead in ushering this new era of Star Wars in. I just think that they owe it to us to at least say that.

I think that they do indeed have a plan which is why they have been making moves. Multi-billion dollar corporations do not make moves like this without a plan. I think that they are going full-steam ahead in ushering this new era of Star Wars in. I just think that they owe it to us to at least say that.

Well, everyone knows that. I don't really see the need for Disney to say anything aside from announcing the movies. Everything else is secondary to that main effort, and will probably take some time for Disney to sort out.

To be honest I am quite faithful that Disney will do their part on bringing about this series after the mess that was Episode I II and III. They know folks, I'm sure they do.

Don't let my want for a public explanation be misconstrued as a lack of faith. I am full-on excited to see what they do. I just think that they should publicly address what is going on.

To be honest I am quite faithful that Disney will do their part on bringing about this series after the mess that was Episode I II and III which is all just opinion of some folks. They know folks, I'm sure they do.

Fixed that for you, news flash...not everyone thinks the PT is bad..get over it, its all opinion in the end, it isn't fact so deal with it.

Fixed that for you, news flash...not everyone thinks the PT is bad..get over it, its all opinion in the end, it isn't fact so deal with it.

It's not so much that the PT was bad so much that it was sloppily executed and the result was so.... average. The potential existed for such an epic story, and what we got was something much more muddled and unclear.

Lucas' original vision (that he expressed in interviews and early drafts of the stories back in the late seventies) would have given us a sweeping drama of political maneuverings and warfare centered around Obi-Wan Kenobi. The actual result was just so disconnected and ... disappointing.

However, the visuals were spectacular and the lightsaber fights were brilliantly choreographed. But that's not enough, as Lucas himself said way back in the day, "A special effect without a story is boring". And that's what I was when I watched the films, bored. If it wasn't for John Williams' incredible scoring, I would not have felt any emotions whatsoever during those films.

Disney owes you all nothing. They now own the IP and can do with it as they please. Just like BW does with this game.

Aren't you the guy that tried to tell us that Harrison Ford is excited about doing Episode 7 because offers for roles aren't coming in very fast anymore?

I think Disney is halted all other stories because they want THEIR story told first. Clone Wars and all the other Lucasart's stories are not Disney stories, so Disney must not like them just purely on the grounds that they did not create them. Disney is pretty evil.

Its not gonna involve fairy princesses and stereotyping animal caricatures. Actually, ah... oh.

Absolutely nobody is worried about mickey mouse and whatever else you said appearing in their new movie. You missed the point entirely.

I think what really has folks worried is the fate of the eu. Whether u love it (Thrawn Trilogy, survivors quest) or hate it (Vong, THEY KILLED CHEWIE! ) The fact that we've all come to accept these stories as "what happened after roj" Now Disney & lucasfilms are telling us "screw that...none of it matters" we'll make up our own stories. I'm sure they realize how rabid sw fans are, & know they've only got one chance to get it right. And u best believe they will keep everything significant under wraps until at least Christmas 2014. So seriously... stop sweatin it y'all.

As was posted on IMDB:

I truly hope those of you die-hard EU fans don't get your hopes up about your favorite EU character/event being in the new trilogy. Unfortunately, many will and when they're introduced to new characters and events, they'll cry, "It's a terrible trilogy! Worse than the Prequels!" and so on.

It's important to remember that Lucas never supervised EU, that was left to Lucas Licensing. He has always considered it separate. People ask, "Well, why allow authors to write then?" As Hondo said, "It's simply good business."

But, if I were a gambling man, I'd venture a guess that Boba Fett lives (even though Lucas said he did die), because like Jango, it's good business for him to be in it, or some sort of a knock-off who wants to finish what he started.

It all comes down to merchandising and streamlining the storytelling. Lucas never supervised the EU; that was Lucus Licensing who let the EU authors do whatever the fudge they wanted, and we, the fans, suffered for it. (Marvel Star Wars comics anyone?) I say let the EU fans whine and complain about how the EU is ruined. Good for Disney and Lucas. I consider VII a Post-Jedi reboot that has been needed for almost 20 years.

Edited by JekRendar

Aren't you the guy that tried to tell us that Harrison Ford is excited about doing Episode 7 because offers for roles aren't coming in very fast anymore?

And that has what to do with telling Disney they owe the fans an explanation?

And considering Ford was on record saying he thought they should have let Solo die is only going by what Ford himself said. Not demanding he gives an explanation. He was too busy and liking being Indiana Jones at the time too.

The butthurt is strong with this one trying to demand Disney owes people an explanation.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Most people don't read the part where Lucas already layed the ground work for the next trilogy. Its not "Disney's" story. Its not gonna involve fairy princesses and stereotyping animal caricatures. Actually, ah... oh.

Exactly. They will draw more from Lucas' SSSWS (Super Secret Star Wars Story) than they will from the EU. And Lucas made people sign contracts before even showing his plot ideas. If it was just the EU, why sign contracts to see something already published for the last 2-3 decades?

As was posted on IMDB:

It all comes down to merchandising and streamlining the storytelling. Lucas never supervised the EU; that was Lucus Licensing who let the EU authors do whatever the fudge they wanted, and we, the fans, suffered for it. (Marvel Star Wars comics anyone?) I say let the EU fans whine and company about how the EU is ruined. Good for Disney and Lucas. I consider VII a Post-Jedi reboot that has been needed for almost 20 years.

The tears from their nerd rage will solve all the world's drought problems. So Disney only has to do one thing. "Save the planet, have the next trilogy completely original." :D

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

And that has what to do with telling Disney they owe the fans an explanation?

And considering Ford was on record saying he thought they should have let Solo die is only going by what Ford himself said. Not demanding he gives an explanation.

The butthurt is strong with this one trying to demand Disney owes people an explanation.

Find for me anywhere around here where I have not supported Disney and their work going forward. You won't even have to go further than this very thread. Saying that Disney would do well to temper folks with an explanation has nothing to do with not supporting them. And you want to end by calling me "butthurt"? I am not the one showing any animosity with the uninformed and idiotic notion that Harrison Ford is only interested in Ep 7 because roles are hard to come by for him.

If you want to fabricate things to support whatever view you are holding, don't get bent if someone calls you out on it.

Find for me anywhere around here where I have not supported Disney and their work going forward. You won't even have to go further than this very thread. Saying that Disney would do well to temper folks with an explanation has nothing to do with not supporting them. And you want to end by calling me "butthurt"? I am not the one showing any animosity with the uninformed and idiotic notion that Harrison Ford is only interested in Ep 7 because roles are hard to come by for him.

If you want to fabricate things to support whatever view you are holding, don't get bent if someone calls you out on it.

You can not see the difference in posting what Ford said vs saying Disney owes anything? Then you are hopeless and blind.

Disney owes nothing and your title of the thread is only saying you think they owe the fans an explanation. They do not owe the fans an explanation. But they already gave it by saying it will be original stories. So accept that. If you can't accept that then the butthurt must be strong with you. Accept it and sit back to watch the show or continue to be butthurt until 2015 and probably beyond. I got my popcorn ready. The internet will be hilarious with the tears.

And funny you took out the Indiana Jones part? Coincidence? LOL

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

You can not see the difference in posting what Ford said vs saying Disney owes anything? Then you are hopeless and blind.

Disney owes nothing and your title of the thread is only saying you think they owe the fans an explanation. They do not owe the fans an explanation. But they already gave it by saying it will be original stories. So accept that. If you can't accept that then the butthurt must be strong with you. Accept it and sit back to watch the show or continue to be butthurt until 2015 and probably beyond. I got my popcorn ready. The internet will be hilarious with the tears.

And funny you took out the Indiana Jones part? Coincidence? LOL

I get it. You are trolling. You got me bud, I fell for it hook, line and sinker. Only a troll wields "butthurt" that often. Well done.

To anyone else listening, this thread has nothing to do with the direction of the movies. I probably should have clarified that to combat the desire of trolls. When I am saying that Disney owes the fans an explanation, I am talking about an overall explanation covering the dismantlement of LucasArts and the animation studio.

I get it. You are trolling. You got me bud, I fell for it hook, line and sinker. Only a troll wields "butthurt" that often. Well done.

To anyone else listening, this thread has nothing to do with the direction of the movies. I probably should have clarified that to combat the desire of trolls. When I am saying that Disney owes the fans an explanation, I am talking about an overall explanation covering the dismantlement of LucasArts and the animation studio.

You should have put that in the OP. And btw, I said in my first post that Disney owes us nothing. And for that you delve into a posting history to pull out an unrelated topic for deflection. By going to something Harrison Ford said publicly? Don't get bent, man.

The gaming part of LA has been really dismembered for years. Disney just pulled the plug off the life support system. They have only been licensing out the Star Wars brand to other gaming devs like Bioware for one. The last time they did a game in-house has been many years. Disney owes nothing other than a "we're trimming the fat" on that one. And with just doing licensing deals, Disney already has people on the payroll doing that for them. Why pay 2 people to do 1 job?

As for the animation studio, I didn't know it was completely dismantled. I know CW is canned but the guy in charge said they were already starting another project which sort of hinted as more of a Episode 7 and beyond tie-in or many think sort of a way CW links Episode 2 to Episode 3 only this will link Episode 6 to Episode 7. Again, with that guy making it seem there is already another project in the works for that team and they didn't get fired, Disney doesn't owe an explanation as that is wait and see what we get next from the animation team. Plus going with another animation show by that same teams frees Disney to air it on DXD instead of Cartoon Network -- you know their competition.

Actually I hope they do a new series linking 6 to 7. While CW was good and I was late to that party but enjoying the reruns on a local station still in season 1, part of me does not feel any "urgency" watching it because many characters that are major in the show we know do not die. If they do one that does post-RotJ to lead up to 7, we can guess who lives or dies but we don't KNOW who lives or dies.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

* snip *

I agree with most of what you're saying about the animation division and LucasArts being a dead horse that Disney just decided to stop beating.

However, Disney does in fact, owe you something. Not if you're a fan, but if you're a... stockholder. Now's a fine time to purchase stock in Disney, gentlemen, before Ep. VII drives the price through the roof. Even the Prequel Trilogy, which was torn apart by critics and upset fans alike, still made a killing at the box office.

Plus, if you own stock in Disney, you are a shareholder in the company. Then when you write Bob Iger and say, "Save TCW! Don't make a Yoda film, it'll be super retarded!" You won't just be a crazy fan that they have to consider, "Is this guy a wild loner, or does he represent the average Star Wars fan?" you'll be a shareholder who can say, "As a stockholder, I am concerned for my stake in your company due to your recent treatment of certain parts of the Star Wars IP, namely the animation department of LucasFilm. Blah blah blah, I think you should continue production of the animation series that has received <critical acclaim X, critical acclaim Y, etc.> not only because of it's popularity among fans of the Star Wars series, but because of the valuable intellectual property it would continue to produce for Disney."

Edited by Ventessel

i have faith in disney because if you dont know disney took may companies and franchises that where downhill and made them huge again.marvel havent done **** before disney took over and made those multi BILLION dollar movies.They know what most fans want i think that they will make good movies for all ppl.My probem is a pegi 12 movie that would be **** :@.