HM Soa bugged?

Was about to pull HM Soa when we asked /1 if anyone was on HM Soa. People replied "yes, but it's broken at the moment." Is this true, apparantly the lightning balls in phase 2 hit from a farther distance and was 1 shotting people. Bad luck happen'd hwne someone being flung around would land right on top of one. Or even somtimes the lightning for me would disepear and lead me into a false sense of security and I would go into cover then instantly die from a wave of lightning. I don't know if this is a bug or if it's supposed to be like this. We just went by what /1 said and after only 3 attempts we went to try HM Bonethrasher. If it's not bugged we probably would have gottent it if we put more time into the fight but we also had a healer in full questing gear, most of us in full champ gear. Also, is HM BT overtuned? We come down after the cutscene and instantly get brought to about 5% where he then seems to wan't to stomp and kill most of us.

Also, is HM BT overtuned? We come down after the cutscene and instantly get brought to about 5% where he then seems to wan't to stomp and kill most of us.

Overtuned? I don't know. But it's certainly an obviously unfinished and half-assed encounter. BOSS BEAST 1!

Send one of your tougher guys in first, they pop their CC breaker and a defensive cooldown, turn the boss, and eat the swipe. Then you can call in the rest of your raid and kill him.

We did the fight with no tank, 7 DPS, most of whom were ranged, movement-friendly specs, and 1 Healer and just barely got him.

So while he is certainly killable, I think he's probably got some balancing coming his way in the future.

SOA HM

It has some bugs in it (pillars that send you to a different instance of EV...) but it is do-able in HM. Requires good gear, good reactivity & awareness, a bit of luck, the right classes & well timed dps.

Probably a bit too hard for a large public audience such as swtor hence the 1.1 nerf coming but not impossible

BT HM

Doable too with 5 well stuffed DPS and 2 heals (we aint replace our beloved tank for this encounter) but requires constant kiting (enrage can be kited a bit) - 6 DPS / 2 heals - always keep him between the acid and you.

Was about to pull HM Soa when we asked /1 if anyone was on HM Soa. People replied "yes, but it's broken at the moment." Is this true, apparantly the lightning balls in phase 2 hit from a farther distance and was 1 shotting people. Bad luck happen'd hwne someone being flung around would land right on top of one. Or even somtimes the lightning for me would disepear and lead me into a false sense of security and I would go into cover then instantly die from a wave of lightning. I don't know if this is a bug or if it's supposed to be like this. We just went by what /1 said and after only 3 attempts we went to try HM Bonethrasher. If it's not bugged we probably would have gottent it if we put more time into the fight but we also had a healer in full questing gear, most of us in full champ gear. Also, is HM BT overtuned? We come down after the cutscene and instantly get brought to about 5% where he then seems to wan't to stomp and kill most of us.

He is not bugged. Just a huge curve of difficulty compared to all other fights.

As far as lightening balls, if someone is slow to react they can get "shocked" more than once by a ball, and then if it blows up, that person will die. Awareness is the only solution here.

There is some RNG to the fight like getting thrown up into the air and being brought down on top of balls (especially in phase 3), coming out of mind trap on top of multiple balls, and having your tank mind trapped. Those are just part of the fight, and can usually be over come if they are your only deaths.

He is not bugged. Just a huge curve of difficulty compared to all other fights.

As far as lightening balls, if someone is slow to react they can get "shocked" more than once by a ball, and then if it blows up, that person will die. Awareness is the only solution here.

There is some RNG to the fight like getting thrown up into the air and being brought down on top of balls (especially in phase 3), coming out of mind trap on top of multiple balls, and having your tank mind trapped. Those are just part of the fight, and can usually be over come if they are your only deaths.

I figured it could be covercome if we had more time. But raid ended at 12 and we started a bit late, alot of time having pylons glitch out on us and not spinning when the button was clicked. However could 1 of the big issues be that we are all in mostly champion gear? Some of us may have 2-3 pieces of gear but generally its all champion/centurion.

The problem with BT is we tried getting someone to go in first, but after we all went in it reset him and he swiped us for all our health regardless.