Akaavi Spar Questions

cool_kid

Does Akaavi like dark sided smugglers, or light sided smugglers? I was planning on romancing her, and I would like to know ahead of time so I don't choose the wrong convo options and have to farm a flashpoint for its dark side or light side points...

it's not so much light side / dark side as to acting like she would, such as taking on challenges (neither good or bad, mandalorian style), looking for profit (as a mercenary) and upholding honour in battle.

here is the holonet article about her

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/companions/akaavi-spar

You'll find listed what she likes and if you're looking to please her, how you should pick your dialogue choice.

(once you encounter in game you'll also get the codex entry with her likes/dislikes too)

Edited by Oggthebase

There is an easy way to determine what conversation options will provide affection with a companion.

If you go to http://www.torhead.com and search for the quest you are on, you will see the quest NPC's name listed. Clicking on that name will expand the conversation options that provide companion affection. You can filter or your class and specific companion to see only the conversation options that affect that particular companion.

NOTE: Not all conversations affect companion affection, so if a particular quest NPC is not listed it is because he has no conversations that affect companion affection.

Like the others said, Light Side versus Dark Side isn't always so simple. Bravery can sometimes be Light Side, which she likes, so long as it isn't charity. But cowardice can sometimes be Dark Side, and she HATES cowards.

Be brave, and ruthless. Sometimes that's Light, sometimes that's Dark. It's situational.

Easier is to just buy a bunch of purple courting gifts and give them to her.

Ayep. That's how I capped my affection on all my companions. I swear, sometimes it's almost like sending them a Hallmark card that says, "Sorry I murdered your entire family and bathed in their blood.... I's been bad, I'm sowwy!!!"

Once you start trying to court her... do NOT flirt with any other chicks while she's around.

It's like [Flirt] "Hey, how YOU doin'?"

*- 200000000 Akaavi

So make sure you leave her on the ship if you plan on screwing around... kind of like real life.

Once you start trying to court her... do NOT flirt with any other chicks while she's around.

It's like [Flirt] "Hey, how YOU doin'?"

*- 200000000 Akaavi

So make sure you leave her on the ship if you plan on screwing around... kind of like real life.

Well that's any woman, but on belsavis

when you mess with that female warden and have Risha around, flirt and get kissed if you have the companion bar up high enough, it's hilarious.

You will tend to have more affection loss with Light Side choices, given that she's a Mandalorian and thus not partial to helping others, appearing weak, or seeking non-physical solutions, but I wouldn't worry about that.

My preference for maxing out companion affection is to have the appropriate companion present when I pick up the daily missions. More so on Belsavis than on Ilum, for most companions. Some are really stingy with their praise on that front, but I believe with most you can easily get 100+ affection per day. If you're after gearing up that way with the HC2s and daily commendations, you'll certainly be able to max out their affection by the time you're done. Especially if you're also picking up equipment for a companion. At the very least you'll be spending less on gifts.