Corso > Risha?

Josewales

Just hit 31 with my slinger. I cashed in some coins for a set of epic gear and market fillers to see how Risha puts out. Ewww NTY...2 much flipping coins between fights. With Corso I find you still get great dps and can chain mobs where my only down time is to deal with energy. With Risha, I become the tank with very little aggro sharing. Oh well I will still give her gifts for romancing and maybe use her at 50 with perma biochem heals. Until now I stripped the cartel epics onto my own gear.

I read a few posts in the last few days concerning, it seemed many picked Risha over Corso. I dont see the advantage...especially if folks are swapping between. 2 much gear maintenance imo for what lttle you get.

So far I've found Corso to be a bit squishy for a tank with medicore damage output (although this could be because I haven't optimised his gear very well ^.^''). I'm a healer so keeping him alive usually isn't an issue, but if you keep him geared and burn through mobs with your dps I'm sure he'll be fine. He's a good tank to my healer. I take him everywhere with me. That and Risha's a stoopid ***** who tries too hard to be sexy.

:D:D:D

Edited by MsMalice

Uhm...hate to state the obvious, but Bowdar? Wookiee?

I use melee tank for most of my characters (sorceror, marauder, smuggler.)

I prefer melee tank companion for every class except "tank," basically. You get heavy armor, tolerable DPS, ability to heal, and their "taunt," which takes pressure off you.

Companion characters should always be part-meatshield, even if you're a tank yourself.

Even if Corso were able to tank everything, heal himself and kill mobs with one or two hits I still would prefer Risha over him. She's how a smuggler should be and I just love her. Corso and Bowdaar too are just annoying. Edited by lordfzoid

Just hit 40 with my Scoundrel last night. And I've been using Risha ever since I got her. Finished act 2 solo at 38. Not even uber geared either. Risha is a killer. And I'm adding some DPS while healing her. Being Sawbones makes it a breeze :D

Being a bit like a tank to her. It's no problem. I can outheal the damage the mobs throw at me easily. :)

So far I've found Corso to be a bit squishy for a tank with medicore damage output (although this could be because I haven't optimised his gear very well ^.^''). I'm a healer so keeping him alive usually isn't an issue, but if you keep him geared and burn through mobs with your dps I'm sure he'll be fine. He's a good tank to my healer. I take him everywhere with me. That and Risha's a stoopid ***** who tries too hard to be sexy.

:D:D:D

Hey now, no **** shaming pls. And no, she doesn't. She's just savvy business woman. When she's out of that character, she's actually a pretty cool ship engineer and great snarky friend.