Companions that you did not want to take.(possible spoilers)

Path-x

Huh. I, on the contrary, think that giving every class some companions that don't really fit in is a good idea. I mean, what fun would it be if we only had loyal people who agree with our major goals on the crew? Giving us someone who se opinion isn't similar to PC's also provides some sort of conflict, something to think about. Anarchistic Kaliyo for the loyal servant of the Empire. Easy-going Vette for a brutal sith warrior. Gloomy Akaavi for a smuggler, who is all about fun and jokes. Weasel Doc for a strict jedi knight, etc.

But, of course, it should also be logical. Not like "Hi, I'm Skadge, I'm a complete jerk going to steal your ship, so take me along!".

I'm completely in agreement, but I sincerely believe our first and main companions should be ones that match your class perfectly. Khem Val matches the SI very well, as does Mako for the BH. Even Vette matches the SW quite well considering the class is based on Darth Malgus who himself had a Twilek slave partner. You can also say the same things about Corso, JK droid and that trooper's Cathar whos name escapes me. Only Qyzen on the republic side I think is an odd first character for the JC.

I mean what really adds insult to it is that we're stuck with her for the best part of 30 levels, and the fact that all the main companion quests are going to be about her. Its so uncharacteristic of an Imperial Agent to go out of his way to fix up some psycho Ratataki mercenary's personal life. What also annoys me is that she's the only tank companion we have until Belsavis, meaning my healer will more or less have to put up with her for an even longer haul.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What also annoys me is that she's the only tank companion we have until Belsavis, meaning my healer will more or less have to put up with her for an even longer haul.

Not necessarily, I leveled as an operative healer and just dumped Kaliyo as soon as I got Vector and used him till the end. But indeed you have to wait until you finish your class quests on Alderaan and I hated being stuck with that psycho b.... for that long ...

I can assure you that fights where smoother with him, my operative was mostly tanking and healing them both while he was killing everything :D

Not necessarily, I leveled as an operative healer and just dumped Kaliyo as soon as I got Vector and used him till the end. But indeed you have to wait until you finish your class quests on Alderaan and I hated being stuck with that psycho b.... for that long ...

I can assure you that fights where smoother with him, my operative was mostly tanking and healing them both while he was killing everything :D

The problem with having a DPS companion as a healer is that soloing heroics become close to impossible again. I just love the survivability you get as a healer + tank set up, especially with a class like the Operative which has plenty of CC and 'oh crap' buttons to play with.

I also don't like tanking as a healer because it means I can't use my situational moves like backstab.

Let's see, Gault, Skadge, Guss Tuno, Khem Val... that's everybody I've hated so far.

My bounty hunter started out with always finishing the job. So not killing Gault when she caught him was completely against her code. After she met Torian Cadera, she became a Mando and adopted a Mandalorian honor code. So not killing Skadge the second he threatened an innocent woman was completely not her.

I know everybody just looooves Guss Tuno, but his sense of humor and mine/my smuggler's don't mesh. She's also on a roaring rampage of revenge against Rogun, which includes any- and everyone ever involved in his operation. So yeah, she killed Tuno.

Khem gets on my nerves. He's just so one-note. My inquisitor had him show her where the map was and then stuffed him back into his stasis field in case he turned out useful. Made the Fury wonderfully quiet. Also made her crazy happy when Andronikos wanted to tag along. :D

And if you're wondering about Zash, my inq just killed her and stole her files.

I HATED Ashara, I mean if you're rolling a DS inq, she is completely un-usable, since a lot of dark side choices dont just get you -1 with her, they get you -40. Khem I dont like much either, the majority of your conversations with him are basically him just saying "oh ya ill break free someday and eat you, blah blah blah murder". Im currently leveling a sniper, loyal to the empire, and I actually like Kaliyo. Its seems difficult to find a conversation choice which gets you worse than -1 with her, and I like her sarcastic attitude.

Corso.... please BW, let me kick him out of the ship. He is irritatingly stupid and I wish Bowdaar would rip his hands off. Can't stand his chivalrous lawful good character. He so reminds me of sir Anomen of Baldurs Gate 2. It's even worse when you play female smuggler.

Mako. I wish my BH had the option of shooting her in the back when her evil sister turned up.

Ashara. MY SI should have the option of breaking her mind and turning her into a slave.

Raina is boring. Jaesa is boring. Torian is boring. Xalek is boring. Blizz needs to be stepped on and fed to Skadge. Doc and Tharan are douche bags and a complete slap in the face to romanceable female Jedi classes.

Guss is a ***** and needs to be shot.

1. Corso i wanted to shoot the moment i heard him talk about his gun that he thought was more important than my gd ship.

2.malavai because he is a boot licker

3.did i mention corso all ready?

4.jorgan because he's a cathar

5.seriously corso just needs to die

6.the trooper droid because his republic loving ways make me sick

7.they just need to make a option to chain corso to your ships naucelles so you can roast his *** for a gundark who likes bbq'd hillbilly

oh and i absolutely love kaliyo because she's interesting and also a freak plus i don't play my IA as a empire boot licking drone so she fits my character very well

As it goes on I am starting to dislike Kaliyo more and more. I was happy to take her (I love pale chick, I love bald chicks, she was win) and I like her personality in so far as her comments are usually quite amusing. But I hate that she constantly lies, a sign of insecurity that I know BW won't let me do my head magic and fix.

Her first companion quest

where you free her friend then sell her to a BH

made me dislike her, but at least I play my agent as someone who puts on a different front depending on who he is talking to, so he did what Kaliyo wanted as he knows he wants her help but doesn't really care about her. If I had been playing any other type I don't think I would have been happy with any of the possible choices.

I see the fuss about Skadge, but if I was playing a full DS BH then he would have fitted in quite well I think, my GF calling him a wrinkly foreskin puts me off a little though.

All these comments show that BW did a decent job with companions at least, because most of the ones that people dislike were the ones that you originally got a choice not to take (Kaliyo aside most people like the companions they were intended to like), it is just a shame they caved in and reversed that decision.

Yeah my sniper used the ship droid. Some heals is better than Kaliyo opening that hole in her face.

Your sniper and my marauder should have droid-heals adventures together.

I liked Vette but I think it's weird to make a Twilek pirate a Sith Warrior companion for so much of the game, for story/roleplaying reasons. You just can't imagine Darth Vader running around with his blaster-wielding girlfriend.

Not Darth Vader, disappointingly enough, but their Darth Malgus had a blaster-slinging Twi'lek girlfriend. You can see them in the ?Empire?'s very first cinematic, the one you see when you install the game. I don't see the appeal myself, but the writers were in fact modeling the Warrior/Twi'lek thing on somebody in canon. (Then again, Malgus got to kill his...)

Companions I didn't want to begin with:

1. Ashara: Could this irate twelve-year-old get any more annoying? I still can't figure out how she got onto my ship. I try to recall the Taris questline and there is just no logic. I'm running on the hypothesis that she's secretly a super genius who manipulated and/or Force Tricked her way onto my ship for her own purposes, because I can think of no other explanation for her presence.
  2. Tharan: If you try to explain basic English words in that condescending tone again I'll punch you in the face. Speaking of which...
  3. Guss. Sorry, too scummy to live, and (in-character) useless if he does live. I was glad that I did get to suckerpunch him. And...
  4. Doctor Lokin. This man is probably smarter than I am. He blackmailed me into taking him with me but I'd rather have shot him then and there for security reasons.
  5. Risha: Hate that she's squatting on my ship. MINE, the one I sweated to earn for 15 levels. Hate that I can't express skepticism for her great plan. Hate that,
    when I am as hostile as possible for 15 or whatever levels, she still turns around and says "I'll side with you over my own father! Let's be best friends!"

6. SCORPIO. I love her, but giving that entity a HoloNet uplink pretty much makes me culpable for the destruction of civilization as we know it somewhere down the line. I guarantee it.

Companions I didn't want by the end:

1. Corso. He's the one with whom I discovered that you can't stop romance conversations once you've started. He'll just keep coming at you forever. As if he weren't enough of a control freak to begin with.
  2. Quinn. 'Nuff said.
  3. Kaliyo. Likewise. (Even though I adore the character.)

Agree with a lot of what is here already, but lately Elara is starting to get on my nerves ever since I got to Tatooine. Her heals are great and all but she really gets annoying when I want to kill Imps...quoting rules and all this nonsense. Since I don't play my trooper "by the book" this gets a little aggravating.

I didn't like Corso from the get go, naming his weapons...then I let him shoot the guy in the head on Ord Mantel to get his "revenge" and then he gets all hypocrit with me when I catch the hussy back in the base conspiring with Skavik and introduce her face to a blaster bolt, he gives me the 3rd degree about it.

On my Consular I wouldn't mind putting Zenith and Iresso in the same room and venting it to space, just find the two of them completely useless both on crew and using them in game. Nadia is a bit of a whiner but at least she can do a few things.

Edited by DaShuk

The Trooper Companions

You get this rag tag team for the supposedly most elite group in the game and it never felt like they were ever top soldiers. Elara and Aric maybe fit a little better

Jedi Knight

Rusk- Im still not sure why he is on my ship,

Bounty Hunter

Skadge - 3 ways to say yes welcome to my ship, no way to say no

Consular -

Qyzen - Hes friend is sick so he tags along with me?

Nadia - Your Dad died, so I am your new Daddy ?

Too many companions feel forced,

Xalek. Makes absolutely no sense for a LS Inquis - even the dialogue options when you get him are pretty much "Evil", "less evil", and "evilish-neutral".

You do not have time for another round of canditates. That is why you are forced to take him even if do not want to.

Edited by Chaloss

You do not have time for another round of canditates. That is why you are forced to take him even if do not want to.

And why don't you have the time? It isn't like he actually does anything for the single planet he is with you. Nor is an apprentice an integral component of any plans you(r companions) may have. And as I recall there are no dialogue options in that conversation for the SI to state that "he's out of time." All you can express is either that you like him or that he is alright.

Jedi Knight

Rusk - Why are you here again?

Smuggler

Akaavi - You're alright woman, but nobody gets possessive of me.

Bounty Hunter

Skadge - I wish you could kick him out, take out a bounty on his head and then fulfill the bounty yourself.

Imperial Agent

All - Why do I have to take this motley crew? Every single one of them is a security risk.

Xalek. Makes absolutely no sense for a LS Inquis - even the dialogue options when you get him are pretty much "Evil", "less evil", and "evilish-neutral".

No sense at all? Thats an awfully self-righteous attitude for someone who has slaughtered dozens of sith acolytes and has been complicit in the death of uncounted innocents by the time Xalek shows up.

LS Sith are still Sith, not misplaced Jedi. They've passed the trials at Korriban, after all.

My evilish-neutral Assassin wanted her fellow Twi'Lek as an apprentice, but she had to admit that Xalek's determination and force potential were quite impressive. He deserved a chance at life as much as she did. And since the alternative for him was death....

Only completed Smuggler, Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior story lines, working on an Inquisitor next though I have started Trooper and Agent.

BH: everyone after Mako. Gault has grown on me but I still wanted to shoot him on Tatooine. Torian bores me, 'nuff said. Blizz cracks me up but beyond occasional bits of comedic relief he's kinda useless for me. And I think enough has been said about Skadge so I won't beat that dead horse by repeating what's already been ranted. The guy never took the hint when I was glad he said he was leaving.

SW: Personally I love Vette but I can see how she would tick off those trying to roll a Dark side Warrior, so I'll be glad to take her off anyone's hands :rak_03: Quinn, though, puts me to sleep, and it didn't make sense for my Warrior to let him live after throwing him a beating. I also wouldn't lose any sleep if Pierce and Broonmark suddenly disapeared...

As for Kaliyo, I just started on Dromund Kaas with my Agent so I haven't really spent enough time with her to say yay or nay, but I will admit when I first read about her before starting my Agent I was concerned she would annoy the heck out of me, but so far hasn't yet. I suppose I have until Alderaan to find out...

1. Kaliyo - poisoned and stabbed to death in her sleep.

2. Skadge - fed to the world razer on belsavis.

3. Corso - shoved into a large rakghoul nest on taris.

4. Quinn - thrown into a wampa cave on hoth...naked.

I really loathe all the people in beta who *****ed that they couldn't get their companion back after they killed them. I mean really?!? what did you think was going to happen? what makes it worse is that 2 of them are on the gd bridge of my ship!!! BW please reinstate the ability to kill companions.

Edited by AzraelCales

1. Kaliyo - poisoned and stabbed to death in her sleep.

2. Skadge - fed to the world razer on belsavis.

3. Corso - shoved into a large rakghoul nest on taris.

4. Quinn - thrown into a wampa cave on hoth...naked.

I really loathe all the people in beta who *****ed that they couldn't get their companion back after they killed them. I mean really?!? what did you think was going to happen? what makes it worse is that 2 of them are on the gd bridge of my ship!!! BW please reinstate the ability to kill companions.

Tell me I'm not the only person who sends her hated bridge companions off on crewskill missions before she steps onto the ship so that she doesn't have to see them when she boards and goes to fly somewhere.

Quinn. Get me a sandwich. Literally. Just drop it off somewhere where I won't have to see you.