Design Notes - Game Update 1.1

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir, please go to your PvP forums and see the new and exciting pvp on Ilum today!

QFT - an immediate shut down, rollback, and hotfix are in order. Anything less than that before the end of the day is a huge mistake.

I've been a fanboi of this game from day 1, but there have been plenty of people telling you what you were doing to Ilum wasn't going to fix it. If only they knew how right they really were.

I'm contemplating canceling my subscription for a game I've been swearing for 4 years I would sub to until it was officially closed down. Makes me sad.

Please read the PvP forums and see the threads about Valor/Turrents on Ilum, and also community response to the Ilum PvP change. Then please go hire some developers that have a clue.

Thanks.

QFT - an immediate shut down, rollback

QFT.

To EA/Bioware Austin: I wouldn't mind those responsible for the general direction of SWTOR PvP out of your building by 5pm today.

Edited by Akabeth

I would like to take this opportunity to throw in my two cents about this update.

first of I am not too big into PVE, i only sometimes do flashpoints so i will not comment on those changes added to the patch.

But i would like to point out that PVP has been hampered in a very serious way, due to the ilum change.

There has already been, as evident on the forum, a serious faction imbalance issue, which as a result of not being addressed in the beginning, or any attempt from then to address it, has led to the empire overrunning the republic base.

From my time spent on ilum today, i can no longer leave ilum due to the fact that the empire are continuously bombarding the spawn point. killing anyone who respawns.

The empire are also gaining a serious valour advantage due to their higher numbers and ability to easily destroy the turrets, without any possible resistance from the republic side.

because of this, pvp is ruined, and a further domino effect is that the empire will easily gain more pvp champion/battlemaster bags from the daily and weekly quests.

I have unsubscribed due to what i mentioned above, as well as some other reasons such as class balance.

So now, Mr.Ohlen you still so sure that only 5% ppl have fps issues and only with "low-end" rigs ? Sad to say, but you're wrong. So now find some courage and say "Sorry" to everyone you insulted (yeah it was like insult for many of us).

I have no clue whether to just outright hate or REALLY hate Ilum now with the constant full ops groups covering every inch of the planet if you aren't in a ops you're 100% ganked to death and if you are in a ops more and more ops come to get involved til you finally lag out and ontop of that both factions bases are swarmed with close to hundred players preventing anyone from leaving without using a taxi and now this makes melee classes worthless because as soon as i force charge on my marauder and that's with all my CD's up im insta ganked by 30+ republic players and standing in the middle of a AoE hurricane so I can't even get a single kill...figured being in a Ops would atleast help but their kills don't even count for me.

We have another major update planned for March and future content arriving throughout 2012 and 2013.

Our Game Updates will also include bug fixes, balance changes, performance improvements and exploit-proofing based on your feedback.

I really hope the performance improvements happen before March. Please see the low and horrible FPS threads in the Customer Service forum.

Im killed everytime im droped off by the taxi in corillia. My abilities are bugging out not working right and this just reccently started, yet your proudly expanding before fixing serious bugs? Please please start fixing what is broke before expanding! If this continues i see this game dead in the water.

Also I'd like to know why Troopers were the only class not to get some bug fixes in this patch despite having several blatently bugged abilities who's code/procedures could be carbon copied from the BH code to fix at least two of our issues instantly? Edited by jedip_enguin