What's your biggest SW:TOR fail?

DahrenJex

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often forgot to click the quicktravel console when I started at a new mission hub.

Of course I only realized that when I was done with the missions from there and wanted to get back quickly.

Of course, once I got there again, by what ever means I took, it didn't matter anymore if I clicked it then, because

I had to go off to the next mission hub.

(actually, because of that I think it's stupid design. it's a click it, good, don't click it, bad, afterwards doesn't metter thing.

It should just activate once you get near and be done, in my opinion)

For me, it was when i finally got to chose the Advanced Class for My Sith. I decided to go with Sith Assassin, and off I went on my merry way.

It took me about 10 levels until I realised that the strange bag that appeared in my inventory was full of the items I needed to become the Assassin.... :rolleyes:

yeah your ot the only one they really need to explain that more

Every deep elevator shaft I've fallen down or high cliff I've ever fallen off of ranks high, but...

I actually got stuck during (Foundry Spoilers),

The boss fight with Revan. I was 50 so it was all good, but I spent 90% of the fight jammed up in a corner trying hold aggro on a guy I couldn't even SEE. Finally it let me go, right before we brought him down.

More of an embarrassment than a failure, but it kinda hurt the moment. :p

Also, this epic moment soloing on Voss: "Oh, it's forbidden? I think I'll click it!" Shortest. Fight. Ever.

I rarely mess up big, which kinda make the error I did in the blackhole quest Glow that much more amusing.

I didnt realize there was a protective device to use to avoid damage from the ground in the center area so I always ran in with healer companion and charged the mobs nearly dying to complete the quest, for about 2 months. Figured that yellow beam from corpses was just a mission stage item :)

Anyhow, thats how you do Glow HM.

we made them say "Mara's are not tanks, I am a dps not a tank" before we rezzed them:p

Ha ha! That's awesome!

Being the smartazz I am I would have just done the auto rez myself and /fistbump'ed you when I got back ;)

My biggest fail was duoing the Esseles, after they had changed that large bonus melee robot Champion.

And we kept wiping. They changed him so that he drops a large target circle centred on himself, and no matter how hard I ran, as the healer, to get out of the way, he would target me with a continuous beam that would kill me despite healing and medpacks in a few seconds.

After about the 4th time I realized you should be inside the circle to avoid the attack

Reyl can't belive that just happened

Edited by Evgen

By far my biggest fail is selling off all of those nifty orange items you get from class quests because on my first toon (and my main no less) I didn't understand orange gear will the mid 40's. Come to find out some of that gear is unique with no other way to obtain. Still irks me to this day.

At the start of SWTOR my friend inturduced me to SWTOR i thought it was magnificent. He was playing a Jedi consular shadow and i was going to roll sage, so we could do FP's and stuff much easier with a healer and tank.

So i get to lvl 10 to chose my advance class, happier than every. Not reading anything but sees that shadow is a bad *** way to go. So thinking that i could change my advance class further to the end i chose Shadow.

This is still an amusing joke to my friends

I've got a few:

1) Not knowing about R/E'ing items. That was a lot of recipes I could have learned, but I sold them instead. :rolleyes:

2) The older hot air balloon bug. Getting 3/4rds of the way to the datacron, not tabbed out or afk, but dropped like a rock out in the middle of nowhere. Good times. :(

3) This one is pretty funny. So I'm in Voss and on my Jugg tanking a quest with my husband's BH (while he was doing dps w/ minions healing.) I'm moving along, AoE taunting, when next thing I know I see a flash on my screen and I'm dead. Suddenly, from behind me, I hear this giggling. My husband does not giggle, unless something like this happens.

Me: "Doup, what did you do?"

Doup: <giggle>

Me: "Doup, why am I dead?!?"

Doup:<giggle> "I wanted to push the big red button."

Me: "You what?!"

Doup: "I didn't think it would kill us."

Me: "After almost a decade of mmos, you didn't think pushing the big red button could kill us? Really?"

Doup: "I was kinda hoping it wouldn't."

Me: <blink, blink>

Doup: "...I'll pay your repair bill."

It was a fun way to die. :D

Edited by natashina

Not playing with friends. I made some in game friends, but my old MMO buddies were vets of MMOs so raids, pvp and even min maxing would have been figured all out by them and we could have shared the info and benefited each other.

So I guess I had it easy before, and my expectations were high as well. Also played with elitists, so I am used to being with perfectionists. Which is who I am anyways. I just dont like lazy people, or people who drag others down. For example someone playing drunk and thinking its a valid reason to not be good at the game.

Edited by VegaPhone

For me, it was when i finally got to chose the Advanced Class for My Sith. I decided to go with Sith Assassin, and off I went on my merry way.

It took me about 10 levels until I realised that the strange bag that appeared in my inventory was full of the items I needed to become the Assassin.... :rolleyes:

^ THIS.

I did this with my first two toons, and actually put the bags in cargo hold to free up inventory space. One day on voip with my buddy I mumbled something like "What's this useless bag? I'm gonna delete it." He said "what bag, your advanced class bag?"

Much laughter ensued followed by ::Facepalm:: ::Face to Keyboard:: ::Face to Monitor:: ::Face to Mobo::

my biggest fail... rushing on RE'ing stuff and RE'ing my PVP gear back before they gave it to you. After mass days of PVPing and getting my bags and PVP gear. Got my legs, chest, and helm from the bags. WOOT WOOT!

Went on a mass spree of building stuff to RE and had a full load in my toon. Went to RE's everything thinking I put all my usefull stuff in my cargo hold. OOOPPSS! their went my PVP gear. DANG IT!

Thats the day I stopped PVPing didnt want to regear all over again.

Soon after release, I'm doing Hammer Station with my brother. I'm tanking, he's healing, companions are DPS. We start getting near the end, and I cross this energy-looking bridge across a tube and pull a pack. Everything's going smoothly, the pack's nearly down when I notice my brother's toon is suddenly dead. So I finish off the pack, and run back onto the bridge to see what happened to him. Then the bridge disappeared and I died too.

:D

Similar thing

Only one that survived was the Jedi Knight who just second before the bridge turned off leaped to mob on other side.

lol. Just thought of another one that happens all the time while I'm doing dailies. So... pub side, Blackhole, the Toxic Waste quest. Invariably, I will always push the limits of the buff that keeps you from dying in order to finish the quest as fast as I can. The result? I die trying to plug one to many toxic spews. lol!

You're not alone in that one. I did it in beta, and my brother did it as well. I think it was sometime after Christmas before he figured it out.

He also did the "What's the PvP terminal?" deal, when I asked him about his free 320k credits or Recruit gear choice.

Just last week, he asked me where the terminal was for the daily quests. Prior to that, I'd pick them up and share them. Don't know how he didn't figure out that it's right next to where you turn them in.

Myself, I walked from the GTN terminal to the bank slots in the center of the station for a week before I noticed the new banks over next to the guild bank area.

I got one character all the way to Alderaan before deciding to buy a personal speeder once.

Summoning the Nightmare Pilgrim on Voss because I thought it was a lore object:eek:

Running around on Alderaan lvl'ing up my Powertech(after I had been running around the planet the day before on my lvl 50 WH Merc because I wanted to get some commendations to buy something), see a lvl 50 Pub beating on a lowbie, and I jumped in the fight and was thinking "How is he resisting my shots?" then he stomps me LOL

Name a world boss that's summoned by a clicky, and I've clicked it thinking it was a lore object.

Trapjaw, NP, that one on Empire Taris... Done them all. I click everything.

Name a world boss that's summoned by a clicky, and I've clicked it thinking it was a lore object.

Trapjaw, NP, that one on Empire Taris... Done them all. I click everything.

the only *** noob moment i have had tbh was i did click the taris because it was clicky and i was curious back in like beta... but i have played so many mmo's as soon as i saw what happened i outran the boss and lived with like 10% hp..... probably would have been quicker to just die but i hate to die to pve stuff.... a lot... makes me feel like a failure...

tho there have been a few re spawn bugs that got me while leveling unless i am playing a paper tiger class like a sith sorc i rarely if ever die

i think my latest char is gona die a lot more before hitting 50 tho because i have started to actually explore things i know have no purpose... somewhat rare of me to decide to do that so late in my game play...