Remove the rakghoul plague now

There is impact. If someone doesn't want to die every half hour or so, they need to shell out money. If it's a new character, they may not have that kind of creds. Dying 20 minutes into a mission it took 19 to get to the middle of is not fun. And last I checked, most people played games to have fun. As for what's fun for them, that's their call to make, not yours.

And for the record, no one has to infect anyone. People made the choice. It would be considerate of them to choose to infect only those who at least look like they can get the cure (either by quest or by creds). That's all I am saying. I'm not against the event per se, just the people who are going out of their way to annoy people, especially low level characters on starter worlds. If the cure cost so little any level could afford it, or there was a way to limit it by level or world to make those starters off limits, I'd be totally fine with it. Absent that, would a tiny bit of self-restraint really kill anyone?

Are you suggesting you can't rez on the spot? If this is correct I can understand, but I don't believe that this is correct.

You die every 20 minutes (max) but suffer no penalty in the way of credit cost, where is the impact?

I say again, I hated the WoW zonbie plague but I just don't understand how anyone can oppose this.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No; I am out 2k out of the 6k I had at the time to get an innoculation. I did not know that Death was to be exploited; simply informed via RP to avoid infecting others.

And when a Mission involves attacking another Player, that would seem to be PvP by definition. And by not asking others if they wish to be involved in their play, this could be considered Griefing by those that want no part of the Space Zombie storyline.

As for those that were considering QQ because they did not get the 30 free days originally; nice to see you value others even less.

So ask someone in your guild for 2k, I just put 800k in my guild's bank over the past 2 days, this is one of those things the guild bank exist for.

Not in a guild? Ask in general chat, ask a stranger, ask a 50, most wouldnt blink at giving you 20k much less 2k if you seemed to genuinely need it and aren't just a beggar.

And since you seem to keep ignoring this over and over and over, SELL THE DNA THEY ARE EACH WORTH 2X MORE THAN ALL THE MONEY YOU HAVE

A vote is supposedly equal; evidently opinions are not.....

Opinions are not and never have been equal, one person's informed opinion is worth more than another's uninformed. Is your opinion on M theory and the multidimensionality of reality equal to that of Hawking's?

Are you suggesting you can't rez on the spot? If this is correct I can understand, but I don't believe that this is correct.

You die every 20 minutes (max) but suffer no penalty in the way of credit cost, where is the impact?

I say again, I hated the WoW zonbie plague but I just don't understand how anyone can oppose this.

Yes you can rez on the spot and I seriously doubt you will die every half hour. That would mean you get infected regardless of where you are the moment after you explode. Even the most populated server wouldnt be that bad.

Lets all just face the fact that the vast vast majority of the people likes this event and the vast vast minority should not try to ruin it. The minor inconvencience to some people in specific situations in no way outways all the good that this event has done. That should be sufficient for any complainer.

Some people find anything that possibly impacts their solo grinding to be intolerable. This includes a zero-penalty death that you have 20 minutes to deal with happening, and can "cure" simply by leaping off into a fade-to-black area. Or ignore for 6 hours for 2K.

I hope Bioware realizes that for once, the disease is actually better than being healthy for this game. People need to be shaken out of the same-old as often as possible.

This event is a carbon copy (once again) of a staple WoW event.

BW proves that they're not interested in anything remotely creative.

Actually it's nothing like the WoW event, they actually thought it out, unlike Blizzard. Plus 1 to Bioware with this one

I hope this is just the start of many in game type events, i hope they expand upon them, I used to enjoy them in swg, I hope they have some down the road where the dev's get involved and spawn things for us.. anything to break the mold a bit and have a little diveristy.

No; I am out 2k out of the 6k I had at the time to get an innoculation. I did not know that Death was to be exploited; simply informed via RP to avoid infecting others.

And when a Mission involves attacking another Player, that would seem to be PvP by definition. And by not asking others if they wish to be involved in their play, this could be considered Griefing by those that want no part of the Space Zombie storyline.

As for those that were considering QQ because they did not get the 30 free days originally; nice to see you value others even less.

It's not exploitation when it's part of the game and the mechanic of the event. Please learn the definition of an exploit. You don't need to spend jack squat on the innoculation. Finish your business pm the fleet, you'll die sometime on Coruscant, sell the DNA at the GTN there, profit immensely, and keep questing. *You* profit from it.

Except it doesn't involving attackign antoher player. All it invovles is standing around other players. Which, in an mmo, you should be aroudn other players constantly. As for asking others if they want to be involved, perhaps I should start reportign all those players killing the mobs I need for my dailies from now, yeah? They're totally griefing me because they didnt' ask to come up and get involved. As for wanting no part: Tough luck? It's a game event that is supposed to have an impact across the game. Moreso, it doesn't harm you in anyway.

Hah, I'll be the first to admit that anyone who cried that they didn't havea 50 was a QQ'er. I don't spoil my neices and nephews when they throw a tantrum, why would I think different of a bunch of supposed adults acting the same way? People threw a tantrum because they weren't getting somethign someone else was. I have no problems withthe people who's issue was the wording... but the people that whined they weren't getting the time because they didn't hit 50 in 4 months... children throwing tantrums should be punished, not rewarded.

Some people find anything that possibly impacts their solo grinding to be intolerable. This includes a zero-penalty death that you have 20 minutes to deal with happening, and can "cure" simply by leaping off into a fade-to-black area. Or ignore for 6 hours for 2K.

I hope Bioware realizes that for once, the disease is actually better than being healthy for this game. People need to be shaken out of the same-old as often as possible.

Which is why this genre got so stale. Instead of Dev's doing what they think is fun and makes MMOs feel like a living world, they have to sanitize is so that no one's gameplay is offended.

People have been begging for world events, something that affects the gameworld and this is the response they get when they make one? "OMG, I have to spend 1/5 of a daily quests worth of credits to be immune to a funny mechanic?!? UNACCEPTABUL!"

I sincerely hope they never waste anymore of their time with anything the "community" asks for. Just close the suggestion box and be done with it. This forum really makes me sick and the sooner the devs realize that it's pointless to care about what any of us say here, the faster I remove the bookmark.

Fleet has now turned into 150 to 200 ppl piled in one big group to spread and get the debuff as quickly as they can while they are afk, you are all right this is super fun. I wonder what afk event comes up next!

Which is why this genre got so stale. Instead of Dev's doing what they think is fun and makes MMOs feel like a living world, they have to sanitize is so that no one's gameplay is offended.

I wonder sometimes that devs have a problem seeing the difference between people QQing something that actually creates good buzz, vs. things that actually do degrade gameplay.

World events like this are a shot in the arm for games. They're news items, they don't cause long-term hardship, and Bioware actually made it that getting "killed" is rewarding.

Sorta like "Don't Stand In The Fire" when Deathwing started making his rounds and incinerating entire zones, only better.

Sounds like BioWare's trying to recreate the corrupted blood incident and zombie invasion from WoW while ignoring the fact that as fondly as those two events are remembered by the playerbase they pissed off a lot of people at the time and it was only really the griefers who were enjoying themselves. Not that I have a problem with it but I have to question whether it was a wise move by BioWare given that a lot of people are currently angry and fed up with BioWare and The Old Republic. I imagine something like this will exacerbate the anger and hatred rather than alleviate it, though I could be wrong.

It is when you do not wish to participate.

Then stay away from the Fleet and the event? Gasp, such inconcievable concept, I know. Go actually do somethign instead of sitting in the Fleet all day and you'll find that isn't an issue. Though if you have no interest in server and game events that get the entire community invovled, why are you playign an MMO?

Fleet has now turned into 150 to 200 ppl piled in one big group to spread and get the debuff as quickly as they can while they are afk, you are all right this is super fun. I wonder what afk event comes up next!

Hey, if they want to sit there in Fleet playing pass the space herpes, be my guest. Plenty of dailies you can do instead for more than 5 samples/20+ minutes.

Long as it's not causing anyone any harm, which sitting there randomly exploding from plague really doesn't do.

So ask someone in your guild for 2k, I just put 800k in my guild's bank over the past 2 days, this is one of those things the guild bank exist for.

Not in a guild? Ask in general chat, ask a stranger, ask a 50, most wouldnt blink at giving you 20k much less 2k if you seemed to genuinely need it and aren't just a beggar.

And since you seem to keep ignoring this over and over and over, SELL THE DNA THEY ARE EACH WORTH 2X MORE THAN ALL THE MONEY YOU HAVE

Nope; no Guild, and have even less motivation to join Social Events than before. If I wanted my opinion to be devalued, mocked, and ignored, would have opted for a Mother-In-Law.

And I did not die, so no DNa or tokens; just out 2k. Seems you ignored this part of my reply.

Will look into mailing a gift from my Main; good thing RP is not enforced here either.

Sounds like BioWare's trying to recreate the corrupted blood incident and zombie invasion from WoW while ignoring the fact that as fondly as those two events are remembered by the playerbase they pissed off a lot of people at the time and it was only really the griefers who were enjoying themselves. Not that I have a problem with it but I have to question whether it was a wise move by BioWare given that a lot of people are currently angry and fed up with BioWare and The Old Republic. I imagine something like this will exacerbate the anger and hatred rather than alleviate it, though I could be wrong.

This always bothered me. A lot of people that weren't griefers genuinely enjoyed the zombie event in WoW, because it made the world alive and unpredictable for a week.

It's more that there are 2 types of MMO players, those that like unpredictable and those that hate it. To me the unpredictable nature of a living world was what attracted me to MMOs in the first place.

This reminds me of the "AIDS" day back in WoW. When people were able to take the disease out of ZG and spread it around the main cities. Dead bodies every where. It wasn't a planed event but people turned into something fun. Bioware did it as an event. I can't wait to get home and have some fun with it myself.

You serious? sometimes I'm amazed when I sign online here. You twist that it was people who like to grief others who enjoyed the fun. Wake up. Overwhelmingly the people approved of it. Yet a few very vocal gamers were upset. I would say "Get over it" ...you are here playing a video game in a fantasy sci fi adventure setting.

Instead of acting like you have a stick up old bum. How about actually having fun. No one is forcing you play the game. You offended people standing in place? offended there is an event? Offended at being offended? why not play the game instead wasting your time on here complaining about it.

People have been begging for world events, something that affects the gameworld and this is the response they get when they make one? "

If this wasn't the firs 'open world event' and was a halloween special... I'd actually prolly take part. As the FIRST event open world, outside of a holiday related excuse, it's poor and is sc****** the barrel.