Remove the rakghoul plague now

I think you missed the point.

There is NO DEATH PENALTY when you die from the plague.

You also receive tokens that are selling very nicely atm.

What is the problem?

Personally, avoiding Death in a RPG is generally a good thing; not something to be exploited.

And my characters already have tokens that are less than useful, or views items in shops that remain unavailable. Have less reason than before to avoid Social Pts, in fact.

The problem is the lack of couteesy seen in other Players; not in the storyline, even if I avoided most of that already with my Main.

Back at ya: What is wrong with the curent Ship Combat? No penalties, and completely optional. Yet I try and value those opinions that differ than my own, rather than dismiss them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not QQ; simply coerced to wait all this out if I want to play my Alt. I could start another, but do not want the same problem with one that has even less credits. And my main will remain in quarantine, as a new member of the Dark Council and all.....

You keep complaining that you're refusing to play because you have no credits... and yet getting infected provides you with a way to get credits :eek: Shocking to see the circle your mind loops in.

I am not QQ; simply coerced to wait all this out if I want to play my Alt. I could start another, but do not want the same problem with one that has even less credits. And my main will remain in quarantine, as a new member of the Dark Council and all.....

But why do you feel you have to wait it out? When they explode you take no damage, when you explode you take no repair cost. Its just a bit of fun, fun which can be completely avoided by spending 2k credits (1 5th of a daily quest) or by doing one of the new event daylies for a vaccine to be completely immune for 6 hours. So its hardly getting in anyones way

Personally, avoiding Death in a RPG is generally a good thing; not something to be exploited.

And my characters already have tokens that are less than useful, or views items in shops that remain unavailable. Have less reason than before to avoid Social Pts, in fact.

The problem is the lack of couteesy seen in other Players; not in the storyline, even if I avoided most of that already with my Main.

Back at ya: What is wrong with the curent Ship Combat? No penalties, and completely optional. Yet I try and value those opinions that differ than my own, rather than dismiss them.

Ok, I fell for it...you are trolling me...you have to be.

this.

Definitely this!

compared to the last few days of wrath invasion, this is minor. you at least can run over to tatooine and do a quest chain and get immunized. during the wrath event I literally avoided the major cities for days. there was no option to do a quest to stop it...there wasn't even a vaccine available for any cost. you just had to accept that you would get ganked every 6 meters by a horde of undead.

Assuming you have a ship.

So you are saying Biological warfare has no place in SW?

In fact, one of the options during the dailies is:

To turn the plague into a Sand-People slaughtering bioweapon

And in fact, earlier (Chapter 1) on Taris:

There's a rogue member of Havoc Squad weaponizing the Rakghoul plague

It actually makes sense, storywise.

So you are saying Biological warfare has no place in SW?

If we're to bring it down to the mythos which has been an emalgamation of popular mythology which is black and white, good vs evil (Quite alot of the Republic mission back story falls well outside of this also). The popularity of Star Wars was down to it's simplicity core values and ties to popular mythology (Bioware has most of the Republic as sadistic profiteers out for only themselves). To answer your question, not In such a blatant sense, not particularly.

George has said on many occassions that EU is not really considered canon which some have used as a justifacation.

Edited by Caspian_Rho

I'm probably unlikely to participate in this event but as I'm not affected by getting infected, and people are actually on a quest to infect me, I won't get butt hurt if it happens. This has nothing to do with whether I, you or anyone likes the event, it's a quest so people have to infect people like you or me to complete it.

You suggest you don't like it but what is the problem, no impact on your, or my play, only the ability to sell DNA on the GTN, what is the problem?

There is impact. If someone doesn't want to die every half hour or so, they need to shell out money. If it's a new character, they may not have that kind of creds. Dying 20 minutes into a mission it took 19 to get to the middle of is not fun. And last I checked, most people played games to have fun. As for what's fun for them, that's their call to make, not yours.

And for the record, no one has to infect anyone. People made the choice. It would be considerate of them to choose to infect only those who at least look like they can get the cure (either by quest or by creds). That's all I am saying. I'm not against the event per se, just the people who are going out of their way to annoy people, especially low level characters on starter worlds. If the cure cost so little any level could afford it, or there was a way to limit it by level or world to make those starters off limits, I'd be totally fine with it. Absent that, would a tiny bit of self-restraint really kill anyone?

Sure, there is a 'free' cure - if your character can get to Tatooine to get it. What I don't appreciate are the players who are traveling to starter worlds and infecting new characters who have neither 2000 creds nor a way to the free cure (remember, not every low level character is an alt). That is just being a jerk.

If you want to infect people, at least choose ones who can get the cure. That's not QQ, that's common decency.

LOL really? getting infected is like a free 50k, those DNA sell super well man, I wouldnt mind it at all if I was a fresh player, I'd think it's super cool actually.

I load into the Fleet, and a whole bunch of people are standing at the load in spot, infecting everyone, who goes to the Fleet, and it cost 2k for the stim, to remove it for 6 hours. If this is a joke, it isn't funny, and its a little late, from april fools day.

I will not be paying, to play a game, that forces stupid stuff like this on players.

Please remove this, if you want to continue to have me, as a customer.

Some like it, but i think its completely out of line.

All of these, unnecessary, commas, make you, sound, like william, shatner.

Edited by xXCheXGuevaraXx

Please dont generalize and speak for all Hardcore Star Wars fans.

I like this. Its fun and a good change from the usual grind.

If you read my post back, there was no generalisation, what I said was all the ones that I know... which is specific to those only, not all hardcore fans... and just a suggestion, have you tried being a wee bit more hardcore? You seem to have lost your way. brother. :D

Edited by Caspian_Rho

LOL really? getting infected is like a free 50k, those DNA sell super well man, I wouldnt mind it at all if I was a fresh player, I'd think it's super cool actually.

50K will pay for you to get your speeder and training at 25. Good deal for everyone.

I won't prarticipate on purpose as I need to hit 50 (Have two 35's right now) before the 22nd, but this seems like fun

50K will pay for you to get your speeder and training at 25. Good deal for everyone.

I won't prarticipate on purpose as I need to hit 50 (Have two 35's right now) before the 22nd, but this seems like fun

you dont, you only need legacy level 6, and with 2 35s you should have that pretty much by now

Except it's not PvP griefing. it's completing a quest and enjoying an event. You are penalized in no way by them doing it to you. You are killed after 20 minutes, suffer no damage to gear, and earn a currency that is being sold for a decent chunk of credits. You can easily complete all those 'PvE' missions and be off the fleet before you die from it the first time. And then you're off the social hub and away from it. Wow, inconvienced by having to use your on the spot rez *once* to earn currency that's selling for 10k+ creds by most accounts. QQ MOAR that you're beign given free creds!!

No; I am out 2k out of the 6k I had at the time to get an innoculation. I did not know that Death was to be exploited; simply informed via RP to avoid infecting others.

And when a Mission involves attacking another Player, that would seem to be PvP by definition. And by not asking others if they wish to be involved in their play, this could be considered Griefing by those that want no part of the Space Zombie storyline.

As for those that were considering QQ because they did not get the 30 free days originally; nice to see you value others even less.

There is impact. If someone doesn't want to die every half hour or so, they need to shell out money. If it's a new character, they may not have that kind of creds. Dying 20 minutes into a mission it took 19 to get to the middle of is not fun. And last I checked, most people played games to have fun. As for what's fun for them, that's their call to make, not yours.

I'd be amazed if you're getting infected out in the boonies- the only places I've seen it happening was on Tatooine itself or the Fleet. For the former, it's 2K ever six hours for vaccinations- and if you're on Tatooine, you darn well HAVE 2K handy. And you can carry tons of them. They stack. On fleet, you jump over a railing, bottomless pit fall-scream-respawn-cured for no repair cost.

Handy that most places PC's will infect offer easy "suicide" outs that won't hurt you a bit.

And for the record, no one has to infect anyone. People made the choice. It would be considerate of them to choose to infect only those who at least look like they can get the cure (either by quest or by creds). That's all I am saying. I'm not against the event per se, just the people who are going out of their way to annoy people, especially low level characters on starter worlds. If the cure cost so little any level could afford it, or there was a way to limit it by level or world to make those starters off limits, I'd be totally fine with it. Absent that, would a tiny bit of self-restraint really kill anyone?

Personally, for future events I'd like to see the infection cause you to become hostile to NPC's- but that dying with such an infection is automatically zero repair, regardless of how it happens. Yes, that would mean it'd actually be a "free repair" once per infection cycle even if you jumped in front of a group of L50 hostiles and got obliterated, but I think it's fair.

serious dude? this was a fun event for literally everyone i met. and again, most people WANTED to get infected, for the sake of fun.

today during a raid we all wiped because one member exploded, and it was pretty funny. how mad would this make you? i'd pay for a recording.

you are one strange person. just quit and get out.

People keep saying that those not amused by the this feature are hating the fun and excitement. "Booooo...why do you hate fun?!"

Really?!?

I mean I don't really have an issue with this crap, as I'm barely on as is.

But is this game THAT stale, and trite already, that standing around passing off a glowing green debuff that simply kills the infected, and gives five tokens that can be used to purchase maybe one pet and bunch of green color crystals -is somehow a refreshing change of pace?

Reminds me of the lame zombie event from WoW, except there is a slight reward potential. Definitely not as bad though. That was designed just to grief people. This way easier to avoid.

Edited by Fiachsidhe