How do you beat hard mode instances when all the bosses enrage at 50% hp?

If you're wearing champion gear you have lower stats and an expertise bonus. Expertise does nothing for PVE content. However, it should still be plenty for hard mode Black Talon from what I've seen.
This is so wrong.

Champion Gear is Itemlvl 56, this alone gives a major increase to your primary stat over ANY Hardmode Itemlvl 51 Item, plus a major increase in one secondary stat.

The lack of another secondary stat is outdone by the huge increase in your primary stat due to the Itemlvl.

He accused me of having a poor rotation, i said i'm the healer. L2Read.

I accused you of a poor rotation. L2RememberWhoSaidWhat

You said you weren't killing mobs before they hit enrage, then said that you had Champion PVP gear. The logical conclusion to those 2 statements is that you're a DPS.

I accused you of a poor rotation. L2RememberWhoSaidWhat

You said you weren't killing mobs before they hit enrage, then said that you had Champion PVP gear. The logical conclusion to those 2 statements is that you're a DPS.

The guy said i might be wearing level 40 greens, so I said I have champion gear. You L2read again.

Edited by SinisterWarlock

This is why you don't need damage meters. It's obvious without anyone in this thread even seeing the fight to know the problem is the DPS. Don't need a meter to tell you that.

You need a meter to improve your dps, else you have no way of testing whether your dps has improved. Plus, there are two dps. How do you tell which one is the weakest link?

Normal 50 dungeons are not a good way to gear up. Last time I did them, they dropped all greens..

The easy bosses drop greens, the real bosses drop blues filled with lvl 52 mods. Still, the purple hilt/barrel and armoring you can buy with your dailies are better than the drops.

Did you really think that Bioware was capable of making encounters hard from difficult mechanics? The only way they know how to make an encounter difficult is by having brutal enrage timers. I stepped into Eternity Vault tonight and we managed to get the first 4 bosses down and the last one to 4%, the only reason we ever wiped in that instance was from an enrage. Mechanics were bloody simple and proved no challenge. Mind you this was on normal mode, but it was still disappointing that the only way they can make a fight difficult is with this archaic design.

enrage timers are pretty easy, didnt hit enrage timer on last BT boss with our second dps dieing on the first grab.

so a single dps is enough to not hit enrage timers, then i suggest you to learn to dps.

ilum battle bosses are pretty hard compared to others then i suggest you to forget about it.

Edited by Phenril

Did you really think that Bioware was capable of making encounters hard from difficult mechanics? The only way they know how to make an encounter difficult is by having brutal enrage timers. I stepped into Eternity Vault tonight and we managed to get the first 4 bosses down and the last one to 4%, the only reason we ever wiped in that instance was from an enrage. Mechanics were bloody simple and proved no challenge. Mind you this was on normal mode, but it was still disappointing that the only way they can make a fight difficult is with this archaic design.

The enrage timers in normal EV are fine. If your raid is H-FP geared, you absolutely should be bumping against enrage timers. The point is to prevent people who just hit 50 in quest greens/blues from jumping right in (though I've heard it's possible), and to make DPS responsible for their actions instead of being able to go "oops I died lol, oh well the tank & healers alone can take this boss down from 50%", a scenario I have actually witnessed in encounters without enrage timers.

*Sigh* and now we enter the PvP gear vs. PvE gear issue I've seen way to often. IF you're wearing full PvP gear and attempting a hard mode operation, that's your problem right there. Especially if the rest of your raiders are doing the same thing. Run the others in normal mode till you can replace that PvP gear. (The expertise stat does NOTHING for PvE content whatsoever). Not sure why people think high level PvP gear will hold them through hard raids.

*edit* Oh those other stats like power, surge etc, are actually better on the raid PvE gear than your PvP gear.

Sadly the PvP champion gear is alot better than the normal (even hardmode drops).. yes I am talking about all the stats... not just the useless expertise stat.

I have no problem doing pug raids and stuff. but doing a few (not all) of the hardmodes always have a weird last boss... I am tank so can't really say if its because we lack dps and heals, but I doubt it since the same 4 people can take down raid bosses with 4 randoms... I mean obviously there is something wrong in a few of them.

Have you even seen the stats on end game pvp and pve gear? They are virtually identical. PVE gear has a tiny bit more to your primary stat and endurance, whereas pvp gear has the pvp stat.

A tiny bit less endurance and aim isn't going to make it suddenly undoable.

Also, champion pvp gear is massively better than normal 50 instance gear. Learn the game before you post like you do.

This is absolutely correct. It wastes stat points for expertise, but it's a small part of the budget. Champion PVP gear is T2, about on par (if not better) than the T1 PVE gear I got. Upgrades are upgrades regardless of what the source or how much wasted stat budget.

Edited by QiBao

Just wanted to add that I've heard, anecdotally, that the HM FP bosses are tougher than normal mode EV. We got 4 bosses down without knowing strats, having multiple disconnects, and a dps that just dinged 50 right before he entered (not to mention lots of other undergearing).

Also, meters please. Just UI improvements in general. No target of target as a tank sucks with trash.

I want to see some stats on these ppl who are clearing hardmodes, because frankly on my server nobody is clearing anything.. and don't see how you can unless you actually do go buy all that pvp gear, which is complete bs.

We cleared BT, Foundry (except Revan with his bugged force lightning 1-shotting everyone. Was easy enough before that), Boarding Party (bugged to crap no loot from any of the chests) and Directive 7 today.

Didn't have time to try the 2 on Ilum, will give them a go tomorrow.

Either way, neither of us ran more than the gear we aquired while leveling, but then we ran all flashpoints and bought all commendation gear on the way.

Champion gear not working in PvE is ********. Me and my mates have 1-2 Columni and the rest is pvp gear and we have cleared every HM flashpoint so far. It just a question about your setup, your skills or your approach to the fight.

For example the hardest enrage timer we have had so far is The Bulwark in Directive 7. Even when we down the shield within 1 second and kill the repair bots all 4 of us, and ignore the last 2 he still Enrages at 60k hp-ish. Out of 300/400k, cant remember. The biggest problem we face is our **** setup.

Sage healer, Guardian tank, Sentinel DPS and Shadow DPS. So 2 buffs and 3 melee. If we can do it so can other people in PvP gear.