Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey curious, I'm on Helm Of Garash and there is like no one around cept me and my friend, I want to do the character transfer to the Heavy one I have the option to but I'm unsure will I be able to transfer ALL my characters there?, I know u can only do it like once every 72 hours or something, but could i still transfer them all after waiting 72 hours for each?

Hey curious, I'm on Helm Of Garash and there is like no one around cept me and my friend, I want to do the character transfer to the Heavy one I have the option to but I'm unsure will I be able to transfer ALL my characters there?, I know u can only do it like once every 72 hours or something, but could i still transfer them all after waiting 72 hours for each?

Friend of mine was able to transfer both of hers from Kaas City to Canderous Ordo in about 20 minutes. She did suggest that before you transfer all of them you log them in one at a time after they are transferred them one at a time and check to see if you need to rename them. There has been a bug that when you go to name one it goes to another character so she said if you do this you have a better chance of making sure if you have to rename them it renames the right name to the right character.

And as long as you have room you can transfer them all their provided they are all on the same server.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Don't know if this has been said already but if the server is full when you try to transfer, you have to pick a time when the population is low. I got the full server message. I tried again later when everyone was not on and was able to transfer my remaining characters.

Edited by Octagonn

Will we ever be able to *pick* the server we get to transfer to??

Yes, I know it was my choice and maybe i shouldnt complain, but when Port Nowhere was showing no signs of getting more populated, I jumped ship, leaving my level 50 and 47 to sit while i waited for the transfer service to come up.. Little did i know, I wouldnt be able to xfer said characters to The Fatman, which is the server I went to. I have too many chars and a great guild on the fatman to want to move over to the Prophecy of Five, and I really don't want to re-roll the chars I already have.

Am I doomed? :(

Yes, I know it was my choice and maybe i shouldnt complain, but when Port Nowhere was showing no signs of getting more populated, I jumped ship, leaving my level 50 and 47 to sit while i waited for the transfer service to come up.. Little did i know, I wouldnt be able to xfer said characters to The Fatman, which is the server I went to. I have too many chars and a great guild on the fatman to want to move over to the Prophecy of Five, and I really don't want to re-roll the chars I already have.

I do not think that will work. Ok sorry.

From the Character Transfer Service FAQ.

I have characters on an origin server eligible for outgoing transfers, but my main character is on a server that cannot be selected as a destination server in the character transfer page. What can I do?

At this time, as part of the initial Character Transfer Service, you will only be able to transfer characters between selected servers. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee; this may allow characters to be transferred where you wish.

I hope BW rolls this service out ASAP, as not being able to transfer to a server of choice is impacting the enjoyment of the game for a lot of people.

From the Character Transfer Service FAQ.

I have characters on an origin server eligible for outgoing transfers, but my main character is on a server that cannot be selected as a destination server in the character transfer page. What can I do?

At this time, as part of the initial Character Transfer Service, you will only be able to transfer characters between selected servers. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee; this may allow characters to be transferred where you wish.

I hope BW rolls this service out ASAP, as not being able to transfer to a server of choice is impacting the enjoyment of the game for a lot of people.

Hello there,

They are sorting it out so if you need to ask something go to the forums and ask on the help side of them.

It sure is ruining my enjoyment of the game.

Do you think they are done identifying destination servers at this point? Wonder how they'll handle subscription growth if it happens. Populations seem pretty high at peak hours right now (not that I'm complaining at all). Edited by apetooman
grammar

Servers transfers have been out for a while now and im sure that there is a almost solid number of people per server...Can we please get some info about when we will be able to move our toons to a server we choose...IE get all our toons on 1 server instead of having legacy all over the place

Servers transfers have been out for a while now and im sure that there is a almost solid number of people per server...Can we please get some info about when we will be able to move our toons to a server we choose...IE get all our toons on 1 server instead of having legacy all over the place

Why does Bioware not understand this??

Bioware has until August 25th, if you know what i mean.

Oh i know what you mean....that other thing that has that stuff people love and BW does not have.....Whats it called again.....Oh yeah.....OPEN WORLD PVP AND SERVER TRANSFERS EVERY 7 DAYS TO ANY SEVER YOU WANT.....

Oh i know what you mean....that other thing that has that stuff people love and BW does not have.....Whats it called again.....Oh yeah.....OPEN WORLD PVP AND SERVER TRANSFERS EVERY 7 DAYS TO ANY SEVER YOU WANT.....

Yeah, BW/EA just doesn't get it.

Bioware, you decided where to put my guild when the game launched taking that decision from our leadership and we trusted your judgement.

The server you selected for us died like so many others. I admit that this development was impossible to predict however it leads me into my main point.

YOU (Bioware) don't get to decide which server I get to play on.

Prior to character transfers I rerolled on a server of my choice that I prefer despite losing access to the legacy perks I worked hard to get and 4 characters that were very nicely geared and developed.

Now that character transfers have been out for a while I think it is time to allow me the customer the option of selecting where to move my characters.

I feel I am more than capable of making this choice and find it slightly condescending that I am currently being denied a choice in the matter.

If you want to charge me an additional modest fee for the convenience I would be more than happy to agree to that.

I'd be happy to settle for letting legacy perks carry over accross servers as a reluctant concession.

I think this is a reasonable request , let me select where to move the characters I put alot of effort into developing to a destination server of my own choosing. Charge me a modest fee for any overhead on your end and add in a cooldown to prevent any abuse of the system.

I don't want welfare black hole commendations or a pet dinosaur I want access to the legacy I built on the server of my choice.

In advance thank you for your time and attention.

I honestly believe that with a simple Hey customer here is your chance to move your toons to any server you want....this is a 1 time offer and will be open for X amount of time....after this time if you want to move there will be a charge....This will include moving region and server types IE US to EU, PVE to PVP......

After (insert date) has passed the charge to move servers will be (insert amount)

This will im believe decrease the amount of server transfer posts being posted day after day......

I have no idea what the "new" message concerning the pet/commendations means.

A. Have they reopened some origin servers, so they can go to any destination server?

B. Or is it an enticement to just go to the original destination servers, from the original origin servers?

Are all origin servers going to get the choice sooner or later if A. is the the right answer?

What the H is going on???????

Complete nonsense imho, if they think they get subs with another silly pet and a handful of tokens then they are really more clueless than I thought. We already got so many useless pets that another one hardly matters - and the BT tokens don't even get you the cheapest BT piece on the vendor, a few days of doing dailies get you way more BT tokens, it's barely worth mentioning.

What I really want, and what would get me back into the game, are completely free transfers so I can finally get all my characters to one server and make my home there. I have one 50 on a pve server and another 50 on a pvp server - this happened because the server I picked in the launch week died after only 2 months (Flames of the Crucible).

As it is now I'm kinda reluctant to transfers, because:

*Customer Agents keep telling people that the destination servers might be cycled.

* Paid transfers have no ETA and I don't want to waste my free transfers in case I want to pick a different server.

* I have some favorite names reserved on one destination server and want to make my home there, but that means getting all my stuff there.

Do you guys have plans to let people transfer off heavily populated servers?

Some of us are stuck on Correllian Run and can't ever go to the Republic Fleet because it always has 200+ people on it.

Or should I put in this request privately somewhere to see if I can be moved?

Complete nonsense imho, if they think they get subs with another silly pet and a handful of tokens then they are really more clueless than I thought.

It has nothing to do with subs, its to encourage people to transfer off the dead servers. In the long run they want to close them down but they need to get the maximum number of people off those servers first.

Some of us are stuck on Correllian Run and can't ever go to the Republic Fleet because it always has 200+ people on it.

Why would this stop you going to fleet? There is a preferences setting (bottom one on the graphics tab) that reduces the number of toons the game draws at any time, that is about the only thing that might cause problems. I have a pretty ancient PC and I can use Fleet when it has 250 people there.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

I just moved today and I'm kinda ticked. My wife and I both lost two characters from the transfer, plus I lost my legacy name. I'm quite ticked because I have been with SWTOR since the closed beta and have had these names FOREVER and just because my server was part of the transfers, I get the shaft? Doesn't seem fair to me. The in-game items are weak at best, and then the fact that those on the destination servers are going to get them anyway?! Why are they rewarded especially since 4 people have names that my wife and I use? The fact that this thread is as long as it is definately speaks volumes to how frustrating this whole process is. I will give credit where credit is due: the transfer was quick, and it's nice to be on a server that has people on it again, HOWEVER...losing those names kills me.