Don't NERF anything.

ncupton

Might I offer a rebuttal.

Nerf/buff, go with whatever path best addresses game imbalances while keeping specs viable for performance in both pve and pvp. There are a lot of variables that need to be weighed when discussing game balance and design, and I'd sooner you have every tool at your disposal rather than having you go with a sub-optimal choice simply because some people are terrified of the great nerf.

Don't NERF the Bounty Hunter or Sorc, just bring the other classes up to par.

That never, ever works. Because sooner or latter what you have is every class so vastly OP compared to the PvE stuff, that the game becomes a joke.

If something is better then it should be, it needs to be nerfed. If something isn't as good as it should be it should be buffed.

Pretty simple rule there.

After the fact that operatives have been completely destroyed by a nerf, the sorc/merc wants nerfs to stop.

Can't stop rofling, and I can't *********** wait till you get hit with the next nerf. You cried for it, you deserve it.

That makes no sense. If you don't touch one class and buff the others, you've just indirectly nerfed the first class by making it relatively weaker, for way more effort, and possibly introduced buttloads of new bugs in the process. Far better to just tackle the problem head-on and nerf the first class.

Which is easier? Nerfing 2 classes or buffing 14?

Bottom line is that most classes are performing as expected in almost every aspect. The only class that really needs a buff right now is the JK/SW. Everyone else except BH/Sorc and their mirrors are pretty balanced.

That makes no sense. If you don't touch one class and buff the others, you've just indirectly nerfed the first class by making it relatively weaker, for way more effort, and possibly introduced buttloads of new bugs in the process. Far better to just tackle the problem head-on and nerf the first class.

if this isn't hittin the nail on the head, then i dont know what is :)

good reply mate ;)

Dont know what people referring to. If you cant kill a Sorc or a BH then you havent learnt how to.

They arent Overpowered, just well used.

Most people are on the "i want to win" ride, but the truth is that most of the people complaining about the PVP are casual PVP'rs who jump in a lvl 50 game of people who PVP religiously with Cham/Battle gear on as their opposition. So when they get rolled by someone PVP speced with PVP gear and use all of their Abilities, inluding stuns, CC, self heals, interupts they immediately become Over Powered and people cry about it.

After the fact that operatives have been completely destroyed by a nerf, the sorc/merc wants nerfs to stop.

^ This.

But what others have said about nerfing should be used AS WELL AS buffing, to make things balanced with PvE as well.

Yes, oftentimes people complain unfairly, as classes get deemed OP because of lesser levels/items/etc. But those who complained got what they wanted, and now they want everything to stop. But it needs to keep going.

Bottom line is that most classes are performing as expected in almost every aspect. The only class that really needs a buff right now is the JK/SW. Everyone else except BH/Sorc and their mirrors are pretty balanced.

Nah, Scoundrels need a buff to their sustained to make up for the loss of their burst, and their dirty fighting tree could use some reworking as the tree is obviously built around GS and wasn't tweaked enough for the close range style scoundrels get stuck with. Right now they only have one viable spec, which is the healing one. Not going to get into how that stacks up against commando and sage healing, as I haven't done anything with it myself, and there's not as much consensus on it as the other two issues.

Hopefully they're already planning on doing something here, but they probably need metrics after the nerf to decide where to go with a buff to sustained.

Not that it matters much to me. I main gunslinger, and we've been getting stealth buffed thanks to ability delay finally getting worked on. Our main weakness has, since launch, just been that cover doesn't work quite right due to the delay, which leaves us having trouble keeping up with DPS output, especially in WZs. I wouldn't complain about a few buffs, though, but I'd agree that we're basically balanced well.