Is there a lack of Tank drops in HM55 FP's?

One of our newish tanks is getting frustrated at the lack of drops with even token mitigation stats. Another guild member agreed stating that tank drops are few and far between. I haven't been paying attention, but shouldn't the drop rate be roughly 25%? The last four heavy pieces I remembered to look at had DPS stats.

It's the RNG God's trolling your tanks.

One of my guild's tanks was getting frustrated in the same regard. Ran a dozen flashpoints without a single drop.... When my tank hit 55? I ran 3 HM FPs, and got 5 Black Market tank drops, and only ONE of them had alacrity/accuracy in the enhancement....

It's all random.

One thing that WOULD be nice... is if the code was smart enough to drop gear based on selected role in the flashpoint....

i.e. - You are a Jedi Guardian and you queued for a FP as a tank. The queue pops, and you get paired with a Scoundrel healer, Commando DPS, and a Gunslinger DPS..... The two black market drops from the flashpoint? Black Market Pummeler.

NO ONE in that flashpoint can use that gear. Sure there is a guardian, but he's queued as a Tank. Shouldn't the drops, be somewhat according to what role the classes chose?

(granted, that would make gearing for offspec a little more difficult, but at a reasonable tradeoff I think.)

But Honestly I'm not doing FP for gear anymore i just want Elite Comms because MK1 gear that vendor sell is better than Mk2 which you get from FP IMHO(-9Str,+20End)

Have you even looked at the epically bad itemization on the Mk-1 gear? Endurance/Str don't matter. The presence of *actual* tank stats do: shield, defense, and absorb. The Mk-1 gear has high endurance, low mitigation enhancements (for those enhancements that actually *have* tank stats rather than alacrity and accuracy) and high Endurance, low mitigation mods. The only way you're going to get the decent 69 enhs (Bastion and Bulwark; assuming you don't just use the crafted 66 Immunity and Sturdiness, which are *way* better) and the unlettered mods that you *do* want is to get the FP and Ops drop gear.

Commendation gear was explicitly *designed* to be substantially sub par. Acting as if you're better off with commendation gear is just deluded.

I was so sick of the drops (Mainly because I was Bored) that I started working up percentages drops for tank stuff. Clearly I might be wrong for some of them but I believe it's fairly accurate.

The green percentages are what your chances are, and the red are the added combination of stuff not needed eg sin tank gear when only jug tank there. so when I say junk, I mean stuff for off-spec or companion or money making.

I assume dps will take healer gear and healer's will take dps gear since they have pretty much the same stats with alac/acc being the only difference. And this also assume the same for heavy/medium gear cause its the mods that are important

For this model I used warrior/knight as the tank, just swap the warrior spot with your class tank the number's will stay the same. This is for Black market drop's from FP's

1 from each class
Knight,     Smuggler,     Consular,     Trooper              Junk
Tank        DPS/Heal      DPS/Heal     DPS/Heal[b][color="SeaGreen"]
9.1%        18.2%            18.2%          18.2%  [/color][/b]              [b][color="Red"]36.3%[/color][/b]
=======================================================================================
1 Tank from class
Knight,     Smuggler,     Smuggler,     Smuggler          Junk        
Tank        DPS/Heal      DPS/Heal      DPS/Heal
11.1%      22.2%            22.2%           22.2% [b][color="SeaGreen"]
11.1%                            66.6%[/color][/b]                                    [b][color="Red"]22.3%[/color][/b] 

Knight,     Consular/Trooper,     Smuggler,     Smuggler            Junk
Tank        DPS/Heal                   DPS/Heal     DPS/Heal
10%         20%                           20%              20% [b][color="seagreen"]
10%         20%                                       40%[/color][/b]                              [b][color="Red"]30%[/color][/b]

Knight,     Consular(Trooper),     Consular(Trooper),     Smuggler            Junk
Tank        DPS/Heal                    DPS/Heal                    DPS/Heal
9.1%        18.2%                         18.2%                          18.2% [b][color="SeaGreen"]
9.1%                          36.4%                                           18.2%[/color][/b]                [b][color="Red"]36.3%[/color][/b]

Knight,     Consular(Trooper),     Consular(Trooper),     Consular(Trooper)          Junk  
Tank        DPS/Heal                    DPS/Heal                    DPS/Heal
8.3%        16.6%                         16.6%                         16.6% [b][color="seagreen"]
8.3%                                            49.8%[/color][/b]                                                                [b][color="Red"]41.9%[/color][/b]
=======================================================================================
1 Tank, 1 DPS/Healer from same class
Knight,     Knight,     smuggler,     smuggler            Junk
Tank        DPS         DPS/Heal      DPS/Heal
10%         20%         20%              20%[b][color="seagreen"]
20%         40%                    40%[/color][/b]                                [b][color="Red"]0%[/color][/b]

Knight,     Knight,     Consular(Trooper),     Consular(Trooper)            Junk     
Tank        DPS         DPS/Heal                    DPS/Heal
8.3%        16.6%       16.6%                        16.6%[b][color="seagreen"]
16.6%      33.3%                         33.3%[/color][/b]                                               [b][color="Red"]16.8%[/color][/b]

Knight,     Knight,     Consular/Trooper,     smuggler               Junk
Tank        DPS         DPS/Heal                  DPS/Heal
9.1%        18.2%      18.2%                        18.2%[b][color="seagreen"]
18.2%      36.4%      18.2%                        18.2%[/color][/b]                     [b][color="Red"]8%[/color][/b]

1 Tank, 2 DPS/Healer from same class
Knight,     Knight,     Knight,     smuggler          Junk  
Tank        DPS         DPS         DPS
9.1%       18.2%      18.2%       18.2%[b][color="seagreen"]
27.3%             54.6%               18.2%[/color][/b]                 [b][color="Red"]0%[/color][/b]

Knight,     Knight,     Knight,     Consular/Trooper              Junk   
Tank        DPS         DPS         DPS
8.3%       16.6%      16.6%       16.6%[b][color="seagreen"]
25%                50%                  16.6%[/color][/b]                                 [b][color="Red"]8.4%[/color][/b]
All same class
Knight,     Knight,     Knight,     Knight            Junk
Tank        DPS         DPS         DPS/Heal
8.3%       16.6%      16.6%       16.6%        [b][color="seagreen"]
33.3%                     66.6%[/color][/b]                               [b][color="Red"]0%[/color][/b]

You might have noticed the smuggs/agents in a grp show higher percentage's. that's because they don't have a tank class so they only have 2 black market sets they can roll for dps/healer, where as the other classes have 3 each designed for tank/dps/healer.

Remember I may be Wrong and did this cause I was mainly bored :)