SWTOR Launcher States login service is currently unavailable

FPDerp

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to level :D It was working fine around like 8 am CST and then later when I came back - the loop launcher is unavailable. There is NOTHING on our end we can do, it's on the server or login end I'm sure. As multiple people are experiencing the same issue not just one.

I just got in. Took my son to football practice and in the 10 minutes I was gone something changed. Although...I am required to download the entire game...again.

Same here. The fkn launcher just redownloading the whole game. With every videos and assets. Never happened to me before and I cant find any solution. So im just waiting and hoping, i will be able to login at the end. As a sub. Thank you bioware.

I am having the same error it takes me to the character selection screen and says that I launched on quick play with a download pending. It has been 2 days now and it still is not fixed and there is no alert about it. Know what's funny though is EA had no delay billing my credit card for my 6 month subscription today. I am so tired of the BS EA does to gamers. I have just gotten done on the phone with my Master Card disputing the charge as the service I paid for is not working AGAIN.

My game still won't load up, it let's me put in my password and shows the loading screen with the image of Tau and the music plays then nothing. I'd just made a new character and was enjoying the x2 XP. I even contacted customer service before i knew about this thread. Come on people, give us a time table when this maybe resolved, don't just leave us without answers. :mad:

I am having the same error it takes me to the character selection screen and says that I launched on quick play with a download pending. It has been 2 days now and it still is not fixed and there is no alert about it. Know what's funny though is EA had no delay billing my credit card for my 6 month subscription today. I am so tired of the BS EA does to gamers. I have just gotten done on the phone with my Master Card disputing the charge as the service I paid for is not working AGAIN.

workaround for your quickplay issue is to set the compatibility mode on the game shortcut to Windows XP Service Pack 3

detailed in the known issues sticky at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/INFO-Known-Information-and-Current-Alerts-14th-Sep-20/m-p/4886775#M40174

Edited by OwenBrooks

• 1 month later...

hi.. i'm experience it now. cannot login, and the launcher stated login service is unavailable. launcher log file stated "Login failure #-10060 recorded".

i have double check everything from AV to firewall, nothing blocking the launcher. and also tried reseting the router, but still cannot login.

ping to launchpad.swtor.com/159.153.92.48 always resulted "request time out".

its been 2 days like this, previously the login works fine

is there any way to fix this issue?

ping to launchpad.swtor.com/159.153.92.48 always resulted "request time out".

is there any way to fix this issue?

Leave your modem off for 15 minutes and see if it grabs a new IP address, likely a routing issue affecting the IP address you have presently if launchpad.swtor.com ping times out and pings otherwise work for you

• 2 weeks later...

Just to be sure, there were (are?) two login issues in the past 2 months.

The original problem in september was that the launcher eventually said it didn't find the login server, which seemed to ba a DNS update issue after a IP change or something similar. Should have been resolved automagically within 1-2 days. If you still have that issue, does "ping 159.153.92.48" fail as well as "ping launchpad.swtor.com"?

The other, more recent, 6.1.4c issue is that the game crashes after login as soon as you click "Play". This is discussed in this thread with a couple of solution approaches.

Edited by Mubrak