Man, this story seems to be fully catered to you being the Jedi Knight...

Sardorim

I beg to differ! I've so far played a Knight and an Inquisitor in this story, and while I'm only at chapter six with my Inquisitor, there is a ton of dialogue referencing what you've accomplished as an Inquisitor. As opposed to the Knight, which is pretty generic.

I have to respectfully disagree. I have taken both of my mains, a scoundrel and operative, through KotFE and they felt fine. I like that their previous adventures were remember.

My Operative, in particular, felt like she fit right in with the story. My Scoundrel, it took a little time before it felt "right." There were a few times, where I questioned why she was in the story as a leader.

I disagree as the Emperor has no connection to anyone but the Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior, Lord Scourge and Kira as far as playable and party characters go.

It is out of the left field fir the Emperor to act that way to the other classes even after Zoist. Heck, at Zoist the other classes are clearly unimportant to the Emperor compared to the Knight and Warrior.

Than there's how force powerful the other side is and talks about the force throughout.

The story simply fits far better if you're the Knight, especially with all the Emperor had to say to the Knight throughout.

I disagree as the Emperor has no connection to anyone but the Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior, Lord Scourge and Kira as far as playable and party characters go.

It is out of the left field fir the Emperor to act that way to the other classes even after Zoist. Heck, at Zoist the other classes are clearly unimportant to the Emperor compared to the Knight and Warrior.

Than there's how force powerful the other side is and talks about the force throughout.

The story simply fits far better if you're the Knight, especially with all the Emperor had to say to the Knight throughout.

But there's also Darth Marr and Lana Beniko to take into account. The SW and SI have the most connection to those two.

I agree with you OP. You, as a Jedi Knight, are Luke Skywalker taking down the evil empire with the Rebel alliance. Or , as a Sith Warrior, are Darth Vader, still an agent of the Emperors will, building a rebel alliance, secretly for the purpose of serving the emperor to fight the usurper and ultimately ensure the Emperor's supreme rule.

Everything else can fit with head-canon, but the story was crafted to fit the fantasy of being Luke or Darth Vader.

Edited by cool-dude

But there's also Darth Marr and Lana Beniko to take into account. The SW and SI have the most connection to those two.

My Consular romanced Lana, got on good terms with Marr (who seems can be on good terms with those on the opposite side if he respects them...which he seems to do with Satele).

My Consular also got the Emperor's notice when she stopped all the Emperor's Children. Getting an army together for the war effort also likely helped his needs for his ritual :p

Not exactly, OP. It's obviously catered to you being a Force Sensitive class.

BW should've considered writing two arcs: one for Jedi/Sith and another one for non-sensitive classes.. but alas.

That being said, I enjoyed taking my groundstomper Commando through KotFE story, even though it felt a lil' bit strange fighting Force prodigies with giant cannon:p

I have to agree and disagree, most of the stories or world quests fit force users far better cannon wise. Depending on how you played and ended certain classes, I always have to scratch my head at the reasons these characters are even doing some of the world quests, or involved with the expansions.

The agent was helping the Balmorran governor while they're trying to infiltrate the Balmorran resistance. Or your Smuggler still helping out the Republic even if you chose the Darkside option and turned the pirate fleet on both the Republic and Empire.

But I never really care, because listening to my smuggler crack jokes as he saves Makeb, keeps me entertained even as the quest bores me to tears now.

My point is Bioware/EA has made it so your character no matter what class, or what your leanings might be, greedy smuggler/psychotic Sith/devoted Jedi feels natural as they run through the content. Since the story content is made to be your story, no matter what class you play.

Edited by ChaosIsGolden

Through to the point your character could start making their own decisions (disregarding that general plot is set):

Chapter I: Sith mostly because of how it ends. The choice doesn't really work for an orthodox Jedi.

The Knight previously took a huge Dark hit for going the "Die MF'er route." The result from doing the Jedi thing and not keeling is similar.

Chapter II: It's the Inquisitor's home turf but heavily written for the JK/SW because of what is said.

Chapter III: JK all the way. All the choices feel weird and/or suicidal as anyone else, plus involve bossing around a much more Darthy Lana.

Chapter IV: Ground pounder.

Chapter V: Force user. Just...period.

I can't say anything about the further expansion (yet), but I've just beaten the Shadow of Revan on my main smuggler. That final fight made no sense. Like at all.

All those cool boys&girls, best and brightest of both Imp&Rep? They stand forcelocked....while Corso Riggs keeps on idly tanking The Boss and a smuggler girl runs around DoT-ing and fetching those glowing balls.

Throughout the main game I've encountered several awkward moments, but nothing even remotely as insanely stupid as that.

Edited by NRieh

I can't say anything about the further expansion (yet), but I've just beaten the Shadow of Revan on my main smuggler. That final fight made no sense. Like at all.

All those cool boys&girls, best and brightest of both Imp&Rep? They stand forcelocked....while Corso Riggs keeps on idly tanking The Boss and a smuggler girl runs around DoT-ing and fetching those glowing balls.

Throughout the main game I've encountered several awkward moments, but nothing even remotely as insanely stupid as that.

It's marginally weirder for a commando with Elara, before 4.0, because of the healer thing. But I'm glad my guildies were on-line and able to offer advice on guild chat when I soloed that fight.

My impression is that the writers are going for a Mass Effect kind of angle: what makes your character important is not what he/she can do in a fight, but simply being a symbol of unity and resistance (due in large part to having been in the right place at the right time). The whole Alliance idea and the emphasis of how individually powerful the main antagonists are plays into this - it doesn't matter if one class is stronger or weaker than the others, none of them can win this battle on their own. Being a leader and unifier still isn't going to fit everyone's way of imagining their own character, but it's better than basing the whole thing on personal "power".

Oh please, the knight is perhaps the most irrelevant of all the class stories. And his VA certainly doesn't make it any better. The Wrath/Warrior has the closest ties to the emperor.

The Knight is the guy who killed the Emperor so hard that he was completely out of the picture until the end of Shadow of Revan. The Warrior meets the Emperor once, that I can recall, and is never allowed in on his true plans until after the Emperor is "dead". I could hazard a guess as to which of those two made more of an impression on Vitiate. ;)

Not exactly, OP. It's obviously catered to you being a Force Sensitive class.

BW should've considered writing two arcs: one for Jedi/Sith and another one for non-sensitive classes.. but alas.

That being said, I enjoyed taking my groundstomper Commando through KotFE story, even though it felt a lil' bit strange fighting Force prodigies with giant cannon:p

Other Force Sensitives weren't enthralled by the Emperor for months or purposely lead into a trap so the Emperor could make you his Champion.

While I admit I have only done this on my Knight, without wholesale changes to the story I can guess how the story will be like for the other classes.

Now considering you do have to have 1v1 fights against arcann even force users get thrown around like a ragdoll I just cant see my non Jedi or Sith really walking away unscathed.

That said, I feel that the story makes slightly more sense for Knight and Warrior than a consular or inquisitor as the other 2 have a "history" with the emperor outside of SOR and Ziost, one being the emperors Wrath and one defeating the emperors "voice".

What dialogue exactly is it that makes you think so?

Probably how he laughs at you and says you're insignificant to him and then when you set that trap to shock all of his thralls into unconsciousness he just takes over their bodies again minutes later, and then absorbs an entire planet right in front of you.

I think a major problem for many people is they have a difficult time accepting anyone other than a force user as the "big hero" of a Star Wars story. In nearly every Star Wars story be it a game, book, movie, or whatever else the big hero is nearly always a Jedi. That trend is going to influence people's expectations of a Star Wars story, when the hero isn't a Jedi something about the story doesn't feel right.

I'm certain people will disagree but this is what I feel, for most people "Star Wars hero = Jedi."

While I admit I have only done this on my Knight, without wholesale changes to the story I can guess how the story will be like for the other classes.

Now considering you do have to have 1v1 fights against arcann even force users get thrown around like a ragdoll I just cant see my non Jedi or Sith really walking away unscathed.

That said, I feel that the story makes slightly more sense for Knight and Warrior than a consular or inquisitor as the other 2 have a "history" with the emperor outside of SOR and Ziost, one being the emperors Wrath and one defeating the emperors "voice".

Agree, I don't see how the non-Force Users are supposed to survive this stuff (well, without Valkorion, anyway). Force users getting pinballed in fights happens, see all trailers involving Malgus.

It does feel sometimes that the game can't decide on a narrative because of the differing power levels.

Chapter VIII in particular where half the classes would soil themselves at being cornered and the other half would be pleased that Arcann has made himself available for killing. Maybe not correctly but the Jedi and Sith at minimum are determined about fighting and not afraid of him.

I mean, on the one extreme you have gunmen and at the other you have the Inquisitor, who could claim to be Sith Emperor at this point and is probably thinking " My galaxy, not yours. Thanks for cornering yourself, idiot."

I think a major problem for many people is they have a difficult time accepting anyone other than a force user as the "big hero" of a Star Wars story.

It's not even that. Bounty Hunter kills more Jedi than probably anyone else in his story. Disregarding powerlevels completely, a lot of the classes don't seem to fit in KOTFE very well, or have choices forced on them that don't make a lot of sense.

I think a major problem for many people is they have a difficult time accepting anyone other than a force user as the "big hero" of a Star Wars story. In nearly every Star Wars story be it a game, book, movie, or whatever else the big hero is nearly always a Jedi. That trend is going to influence people's expectations of a Star Wars story, when the hero isn't a Jedi something about the story doesn't feel right.

I'm certain people will disagree but this is what I feel, for most people "Star Wars hero = Jedi."

My consumption of Star Wars material (outside this game) is limited to ANH, ESB, and RotJ on the film side, and Splinter of the Mind's Eye and Han Solo at Star's End on the novel side. In both the novels there are no Jedi as such, although SotME features a Force user as hero, with a Dark Lord of the Sith (a Darth, no less) as chief antagonist.

As far as I can tell, Han Solo at Star's End had, if memory serves, no Force users at all. That said, in the "epic fairy tale" sense of the term, it didn't feel so much like a Star Wars story either, so maybe you're on to something...

Probably how he laughs at you and says you're insignificant to him and then when you set that trap to shock all of his thralls into unconsciousness he just takes over their bodies again minutes later, and then absorbs an entire planet right in front of you.

That's the same for all classes. Especially Knight and Consular have virtually the same lines. After a fleeting reference to Dromund Kaas in the first conversation Vitiate never acknowledges your history. As far as I can see, there is zero indication that the knight is more significant to him than the consular.

And as for Warrior/Inquisitor, where he refers to the Wrath in the Warrior story, he refers to the Dark Council in the Inquisitor story. He's just as condescending towards his Wrath as he is towards the councilor, maybe even more at times.

Edited by gblXsw

He's just as condescending towards his Wrath as he is towards the councilor, maybe even more at times.

When you think about it, the Warrior having been the "Emperor's Wrath" is probably kind of a joke to the Emperor.

At exactly the time the Warrior was fighting across Corellia to stop Baras's takeover, the Emperor was performing a ritual intended to kill the Warrior, Baras and everyone else in the galaxy. From the Emperor's perspective it didn't matter at all who lived and who died, as long as nobody interrupted his plans.

The Agent is really the only one who knows the whole backstory as to why the galaxy is in the state that it is in...

...and the smuggler doesn't care. Nor does the BH.

The force sensitives are all basically in the same boat, with only flavor differences in how they are being hoodwinked by a sociopath.

Which only leaves the trooper out in the abyss as to why he or she is there... and they were the point of the spear thrust into the old Empire's bowls.