HK-47 bugged?

I've been running hardmodes now for quite awhile with little difficulty including HK-47. We were doing him today and he was killing our tank whom had enure (totaling 26k HP) and got 1 shot... what are we doing wrong, everyone gets one shot when he goes stealth.

When you break him out of the core, have only two people do it. One for each side, so they break two locks each. That way it's not too slow and not too fast.

Reason being, it can bug if done too fast causing him to get the Power of the Core buff, resulting in that crazy damage.

As a healer I have no problem breaking the locks, so anyone can do it.

Also take note that if you DPS him to hard he will bug out and be some place random and casting the core buff. (IE standing in one of his stealth snipe positions) If you are standing next to him during this it is like standing under the reactor when it comes down it'll 1 shot you though you're no where near the core. Found this out when we DPSed him to hard :)

If you are fighting him in the False Emperor HM then he will periodically disappear/stealth on you. At this point have all 4 players group up and whoever can AOE, have them do it. When he reappears he will randomly target one person for a 1-shot back-stab. If you are AOEing, this will interrupt his back-stab and prevent the 1-shot ability. If you are unable to interrupt this then prepare to have someone killed. His does this several times throughout the fight and the AOE must interrupt him each time to prevent the kill.

We were fighting him last night in normal mode and found quite often we would receive "Cannot see target." Extremely frustrating for dps and the healer when the healer couldn't see the target.

It seemed to only happen when HK was standing on the core platform. Not quite on top but more on the lip of it.

And somehow I was ported to the inside of the core with HK one time. After several attempts we finally got him down despite the bugs.

If you are fighting him in the False Emperor HM then he will periodically disappear/stealth on you. At this point have all 4 players group up and whoever can AOE, have them do it. When he reappears he will randomly target one person for a 1-shot back-stab. If you are AOEing, this will interrupt his back-stab and prevent the 1-shot ability. If you are unable to interrupt this then prepare to have someone killed. His does this several times throughout the fight and the AOE must interrupt him each time to prevent the kill.

This is the way to do it, people may get stunned but they shouldn't die

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

guyz, after wiping countless time tonight on this encounter we finally found the way to prevent the Power Core to bug. It's very simple in fact (even more if you're in vocal with your guildmates) : assign two group members (we'll name them A and B) to the Panels we have to destroy and make A destroy the first panel, then B the second one, then A the third and B the fourth.

YOU HAVE TO BREAK THEM ONE AT a TIME ! with this strat, we rolled on HK without any problems... actually we were a little disappointed !

Also, controling your dps seems to help preventing HK going completly nuts but I'm not sure about that.

Enjoy killing the *********** machine dudes =D

Edited by NeoEsprit

Reading this thread gave me a good laugh. Only half of you are even on the same page as the OP. If he mentioned the stealth he is obviously talking about HK-47 in FE, not the Foundry. So your awesome advice to hit the panels is completely useless.

To the op, if you fail to knock him out of stealth with aoe, it is still possible to survive the backstab in decent gear. I managed it as a sniper by just stacking up and dropping ballistic shield on the group. Most other damage reductions should work as well.

Edited by Bludvein

To not do it lame way, stay up and AOE.

If people are around him in a circle before he goes stealth he says something like "Master Woad blah blah upgrades blah blah". He will freeze the tank and face his assasination target. If a guardian (or I assume sith equivalent) guardian leaps at the target it will interupt HK47, and you can hit him for a short period (probably better to use aoe to not have to target him to permanently break the stealth), be careful when guardian leaping at people... as you can sometimes knock them off the edge, with hilarious results:)

If no guardian, I believe a sage can use the ability thta pulls the target of HK47 to sage to also temporarily interupt the assassinate.

YOu need to hit HK47 to break the stealth.

If no sage or guardian or equivalent... when you see who is targeted have them stand still and spam aoe on top of them, make sure tank is ready to taunt after HK47 permanently out of stealth as his aggro seems to be a bit dodgy at the beginning.

HK47 always gives away who he is going to assassinate, so you can use this to your advantage and feel like you are using strategries as oppose to stack aoe spam.

I like how the shields on the turrets despawn after a certain time of HK47 being dead now... didn't seem to notice that before;)

Remember to collect your tion equilvaent weapon loot.