Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

I don't mind premades generally. Sure they often mean a very boring curbstopping if you end up teamed with them, or a match where your team never had a chance if queued against them, but what can be done to prevent that? Even if regs were limited to solo queues players would cheat the system by syncing their queues and dropping same faction matches where they got split up.

The only time I find premades aggravating, and this includes when I'm on the same team, is when they engage in sore winning. Obnoxious taunts of the other team gets under my skin even if they're my teammates, particularly if the only reason that trash-talking premade hero is crushing the leaderboard is because he's got a pocket skank tank(s) guarding him, a pocket healer(s) topping him up, all on FOTM classes in full BiS, on voice chat, against a bunch of randoms from a variety of classes and gear levels.

Of course that sort of behavior isn't limited to premades, I just find it more obnoxious when its from a player (or players) who queued with large built in advantages that aren't tied to player skill.

Solo PVP certainly seems to be dead now. Between inexperienced players, bad gear, general unbalance and of course the now many actual premades, it would seem there is no longer any point to regular warzones. And having been away from regular for a while, it only seems to have gotten worse :(

It would be neat with "premade free day" every Sunday or Saturday.... if nothing else to test it.

can we please let this thread die

Edited by yellow_

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote is for this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=323501 as the greatest thread in SWTOR history.

even more then this one? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=912514 (joking ofc)

I mean really... theirs more discussions about npcs then anything else in this game. and they say pvp players are the most vocal....

Edited by DenariusJay

even more then this one? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=912514 (joking ofc)

I mean really... theirs more discussions about npcs then anything else in this game. and they say pvp players are the most vocal....

I don't even really play Imp and I still want to punch him in the face, so yeah more than that one. Nothing like a backstabber to get my ire.

Surely with the server mergers there will be extra people queuing so they can now look at having separate warzones for solo players and premades. Of all the issues pvp has in this game, the premade issue is the worst.

Of course, the premades will never support this because the only point in playing premade groups in unranked warzones is to stomp the opposition. If you can't win 6-0 in hutball in under 90 seconds it's not worth playing right?

Stop whining about premades and everything...

This player whining is kinda ruining this game.

You face a premade ? Make yourself a premade or que dodge. Easy...

But it's also easy to whine.

Exactly how are you as a player helping out? Putting someone down for having a difference of opinion about premades in reg queue.

Everyone who pvps knows that regs are where casual players and the least experienced people pvp the most. Premades are designed to be in a ranked setting going up against other teams also ready to queue 4 man groups.

Everyone says ranked doesn't pop but, the bottom line is none of the notorious 4 man teams in regs want to fight another team prep'd and ready to do the same thing. Know why? Cause no one want to fight anyone better than them or fight for a potential challenge. That's why premades slip into reg queue to do battle against teams of solo queue players and teams without the benefit of voice comms or a team of equal class/spec composition.

Everyone knows by now when you see a premade in regs its just a group of above average ******es (friends, cliques, elitists) looking to just smash up on players they know are at a severe disadvantage compared to them.

Most of these players couldn't survive on their own in regs which is why you rarely see them in solo queue. They aren't good enough to solo cap nodes, they probably couldn't win a duel to save their lives either.

Both sides are ruining the game but, I'm inclined to agree with the solo queue crowd. From my perspective premades do ruin reg queue but, notorious premade players will disagree using excuses like "Oh I'm just playing with my friends" or "It's an MMO, you're suppose to play with ppl". Both of which are a fair point but, you can still play with these ppl you just don't have to be in a group with them. You can solo queue at the same time and, do like the rest of solo queue and hope you end up on a halfway decent team or suffer the loss.

Exactly how are you as a player helping out? Putting someone down for having a difference of opinion about premades in reg queue.

Everyone who pvps knows that regs are where casual players and the least experienced people pvp the most. Premades are designed to be in a ranked setting going up against other teams also ready to queue 4 man groups.

Everyone says ranked doesn't pop but, the bottom line is none of the notorious 4 man teams in regs want to fight another team prep'd and ready to do the same thing. Know why? Cause no one want to fight anyone better than them or fight for a potential challenge. That's why premades slip into reg queue to do battle against teams of solo queue players and teams without the benefit of voice comms or a team of equal class/spec composition.

Everyone knows by now when you see a premade in regs its just a group of above average ******es (friends, cliques, elitists) looking to just smash up on players they know are at a severe disadvantage compared to them.

Most of these players couldn't survive on their own in regs which is why you rarely see them in solo queue. They aren't good enough to solo cap nodes, they probably couldn't win a duel to save their lives either.

Both sides are ruining the game but, I'm inclined to agree with the solo queue crowd. From my perspective premades do ruin reg queue but, notorious premade players will disagree using excuses like "Oh I'm just playing with my friends" or "It's an MMO, you're suppose to play with ppl". Both of which are a fair point but, you can still play with these ppl you just don't have to be in a group with them. You can solo queue at the same time and, do like the rest of solo queue and hope you end up on a halfway decent team or suffer the loss.

So becuase bads are getting kicked by good players, we shouldn't allow people to group up for PVP in a frciking MMO ? Seriously ?

Sorry man, but I cannot take this BS seriously.

It just feels like people in this game are the biggest problem not the Devs... RP-ers want special instances.. elitists want ranked que just for themselves.. reg players want solo que just for themselves.. not allowing grouped players to join.

It doesn't matter in the end because bads will always end up getting walked over . No need to blame it on premades all the time.,

And maybe it's time for some casuals to start getting better ?

I got beaten up a lot of times in regs and you know what I did ? I went to the PVP doll to start practicing some moves. But for others it's always easier to run to the forums and start whining about people who like to play with their friends and happen to be better players than them.

EDIT:

I very rarely que with friends. I que solo 90% of the time.

Premade in que ? Bring them on. I enjoy a challange.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

So becuase bads are getting kicked by good players, we shouldn't allow people to group up for PVP in a frciking MMO ? Seriously ?

It just feels like people in this game are the biggest problem not the Devs... RP-ers want special instances.. elitists want ranked que just for themselves.. reg players want solo que just for themselves.. not allowing grouped players to join.

It doesn't matter in the end because bads will always end up getting walked over . No need to blame it on premades all the time.,

I got beaten up a lot of times in regs and you know what I did ? I went to the PVP doll to start practicing some moves. But for others it's always easier to run to the forums and start whining about people who like to play with their friends and happen to be better players than them.

EDIT:

It would seem you don't understand the problem,or you choose to ignore it. You can blather with your condescending attitude all you want and say "git gud", but the problem isn't about a lack of skill. It's about coordinated semi skilled players smashing semi skilled solo uncoordinated players.

Spin it all you like, the result is always the same. Three capped nodes in ACW, 6-0 defeats in huttball, 60 deaths with 1 kill and no doors blown in VS. Only one team has fun in these scenarios, and they are pathetic.

It would seem you don't understand the problem,or you choose to ignore it. You can blather with your condescending attitude all you want and say "git gud", but the problem isn't about a lack of skill. It's about coordinated semi skilled players smashing semi skilled solo uncoordinated players.

Spin it all you like, the result is always the same. Three capped nodes in ACW, 6-0 defeats in huttball, 60 deaths with 1 kill and no doors blown in VS. Only one team has fun in these scenarios, and they are pathetic.

Yeah, I fail to understand the problem because from my point of view there is no problem at all..

6-0 in huttball ? You don't need a premade for that. 1 team with players who know what to do vs 1 team with kill farmers and players who got no clue about what needs to be done and run around hunting kills isntead of playing ball.

Civil with triple caps ? same thing.

I don't see what's the problem here. these things happen without a premade also.

Don't waste your time arguing with these people. They will claim that fighting premades and getting 3-capped is wonderful as they learn a lot from it. It's pure 100% bulls***.

Nobody sits in voice comms and calls strats for Regs....

They are just better.

Players like to que with like minded people.

You can say that, but it doesn't necessarily make it true. I know of several guilds that run reg PvP groups in TS or Discord. Indeed, I would argue the only significant advantage premades offer (apart from players that are familiar with one another, which is skill) are voice comms. Voice comms offer incredible benefits by allowing well-coordinated hardswaps, CC'es, stealth caps, and call-outs. They are, of course, impossible to police, and so there's not much advantage in banning premades or whatever people are suggesting to moderate it.

EDIT:

Who is your toon? What server do you play on? What is your win loss ratio in regs running solo queue only?

As good as I am in solo regs I still can't carry a ****** team of 6-7 other players against a premade using voice comms.

Skill means nothing when numbers aren't in your favor.

Edited by MercenaryPlayer

Who is your toon? What server do you play on? What is your win loss ratio in regs running solo queue only?

As good as I am in solo regs I still can't carry a ****** team of 6-7 other players against a premade using voice comms.

Skill means nothing when numbers aren't in your favor.

I play on TRE.

I don't count win loss ratio because I am past these things.

I play PVP because I love PVP-ing. I see no point in keeping record in how much I win or lose. I win plenty of games and when I lose, I know that I couldn't have done more and I move on to the next match.

Always try to bring out the maximum I can from lost matches, and yes, there are those games where my team gets oblitarated but they are not so common.

The premades I faced lately were rep ones. ;) winning against those as a solo quer is fantastic.

Icould just feel their arrogance in Hypergate when they attacked our P right from the start with a horde of tanks and heals/ failed to cap it but we capped theirs and double capped in round 2 and won the match as soloers.

Epic rep premade fail.:D

I play on TRE.

I don't count win loss ratio because I am past these things.

I play PVP because I love PVP-ing. I see no point in keeping record in how much I win or lose. I win plenty of games and when I lose, I know that I couldn't have done more and I move on to the next match.

Always try to bring out the maximum I can from lost matches, and yes, there are those games where my team gets oblitarated but they are not so common.

The premades I faced lately were rep ones. ;) winning against those as a solo quer is fantastic.

Icould just feel their arrogance in Hypergate when they attacked our P right from the start with a horde of tanks and heals/ failed to cap it but we capped theirs and double capped in round 2 and won the match as soloers.

Epic rep premade fail.:D

With the current state of faction imbalance caused by 5.x, I'm suprised when someone on imp side boasts about conquests against pubs. You basically suck if you play imp. Lets see you roll solo queues on pubs then come back on here and tell of your stories of conquest against premades on the other side. No? Then you are not good, go punch a defenseless baby in a stroller and come back here and boast more.

Until they fix faction imbalance, all you'll see in the rare pub queue vs imp matchups are simply half teams that are not even trying on the pub side, just filling out some weekly or daily or conquest probably alt-tabbed half the war surfing the internet.

Its actually gotten to the point now, where imps shouldn't admit they PvP, because all the bad pvpers on pub size left and went to pay on imp side for the easy wins (when a rare vs pub rolls up). I hope those tried-and-true imps realize that you are not fighting against pubs, you are fighting with them, because they all switched sides due to the 100% loss rate on pub.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

With the current state of faction imbalance caused by 5.x, I'm suprised when someone on imp side boasts about conquests against pubs. You basically suck if you play imp. Lets see you roll solo queues on pubs then come back on here and tell of your stories of conquest against premades on the other side. No? Then you are not good, go punch a defenseless baby in a stroller and come back here and boast more.

Until they fix faction imbalance, all you'll see in the rare pub queue vs imp matchups are simply half teams that are not even trying on the pub side, just filling out some weekly or daily or conquest probably alt-tabbed half the war surfing the internet.

Its actually gotten to the point now, where imps shouldn't admit they PvP, because all the bad pvpers on pub size left and went to pay on imp side for the easy wins (when a rare vs pub rolls up). I hope those tried-and-true imps realize that you are not fighting against pubs, you are fighting with them, because they all switched sides due to the 100% loss rate on pub.

So If I play on imp side it means I must suck ?

Good logic. That's when I stop taking you seriously.

Hes saying people that talk **** about winning thay have a huge advantage arent good.

This was some thing that needed to happen a long time ago. But people responded with "make friends and group up".

I believe it was even mentioned that there were 1.5 mil casual subs in this very thread. This is part of the reason there will be 5 servers total in a month.

BW didnt change ot when they could and now tbey cant because if they did it would tank all the queue times.

As for some of the arguments:

"Theres no real advantage to premades": Some dont have advantages but most do. Voice comms is the biggest advantage in my opinion. If you think this is BS then go ask some hirger ranking officers in the military. I am willing to bet more then half would put commo at the top of the list of **** that matters.

"It's good pratice": No it isn't. If you want good practice then you have to make skill the deciding factor. When your stomping pugs your not getting good practice in, your feeding your ego.

"Ranked ques are too long": then solo que, or try always queing in ranked to help get the queue times down. Don't tell people that pay to play a game they need to spend what precious little time they have to play the game building relationships with in the game. Most solo queue people are casuals that want to jump on, queue up, get some dailys done and log off and have some fun in the process.

What began to happen was people would log on queue up spend an hour getting thier teeth kicked in by premades and competitive players and then log off. It finally got to the point where they had to group. So they did. Then they were just stomping pugs which was also unfun. They realized they weren't going to be able to have fun so they unsubbed and left.

I think we know how that turned out since there will be 5 servers in a month. With all that being said they shouldn't implament a solo only at this point since it would basically destroy what pvp community is left in the game, and SWTOR can't afford to lose any more subs

Edited by HanSollo

You cant blame the players for people leaving the game, that is nonsense

if anyone is to blame here its bioware, it wouldnt have been hard to setup queues to match premades against each other & throw all the solo queued players in together

of course now that the population is basically dead its probably not the right course of action

dont think for a second though that a solo queue will stop your team getting flogged by 2-3 good players who have no affiliation with each other

As for some of the arguments:

"Theres no real advantage to premades": Some dont have advantages but most do. Voice comms is the biggest advantage in my opinion. If you think this is BS then go ask some hirger ranking officers in the military. I am willing to bet more then half would put commo at the top of the list of **** that matters.

"

That one was a real howler.

Even if the premade isn't on voice chat (and many are) they usually have other advantages in not being a random assortment of players of varying levels of experience or gearing, and unlike most PUGs, usually have an ideal class/spec breakdown in their group. When you're part of a PUG with no healers versus a double premade with two that spend much of the match guarded...good luck with that. The only chance the PUG has if the premade plays exceptionally poorly.

Are premades invincible? Of course not. Sometimes they do play poorly or go for that greedy 3 cap, resulting in a heaping dose of humble pie. They might also get a taste of their own medicine and get an opposing team that has its own premade, except that one happens to be better, or a PUG that just happens to have 3 or 4 outstanding players. Claiming premades aren't queuing with a built in advantage over most PUGs however, is laughable.

People usually will defend their advantages however rather than admit those advantages are unfair or even exist. That is also why for example no matter how well needed a nerf, you'll always get some who will wail and gnash their teeth. Or why some will howl if you suggest that gear shouldn't be a factor in PVP. It's no different in this thread. Some of the players who don't solo queue will get defensive when criticism is directed at their advantage.

There is an element of truth as well to the fact that most regular premade players aren't actually that good, the premade just creates an illusion of it. The PVP communities are small and it doesn't take long to get familiar with the names of most of the regulars in regs, as well as the groups/guilds that run regular premades. The great majority aren't crushing the ranked leaderboards if they even step foot there at all, and you do sometimes come across regular premade players solo. Most of the time they're fairly average when they don't have a pocket healer and two other groupmates in tow. There are of course always exceptions.

That all said I'm not sure that banning premades or creating a separate queue for them would change anything. A separate queue wouldn't get used as most premaders are just looking to curb-stomp the opposition, not run into a challenge, and those that would want a challenge wouldn't use the premade queue for lack of regular pops. Players would also find ways around a premade ban, and I'm not sure that is entirely a good idea anyway considering this is first and foremost a multiplayer game.

Maybe PVPing solo should just net greater rewards if paired against a premade, without one of your own on the same team. Increased valor gains, UCs, ect.