Malgus dying- is it possible?

Sir_LogiC

So as anyone who played a Sith should know, Sith politics is really nasty. At the moment Darth Malgus and Grand Master Satele are held up as the face of their respective factions. However it seems entirely possible, likely even, that someone will try to off Malgus for their own personal gain in the Sith heirachy. He is after all the one telling everyone what to do all the time, a very nice position of power there.

I think such a change in leadership would be awesome and would truly reflect the Sith culture, as well as help make the world seem a little less static. So the question in the title is not whether he can be killed, it is certain there is probably a Darth lord or two that wants to kill him. The question is- do Bioware have too much invested in Darth Malgus as the Empire figurehead to ever kill him off, even if the lore makes it likely?

I'm not going to bother with it, you have just opened the door.

[spoiler ALERT]

Malgus is killed at the end of the False Emperor flash point. He will not be offed because of Sith politics. He is already dead.

To be fair, there's a pretty big chance he's going to come back.

We did just knock him off a bridge after all.

You throw him down an bottomless pit that leads to SWG for all anyone knows. And the station explodes too so yeah I highly doubt he's going to come back.

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

You throw him down an bottomless pit that leads to SWG for all anyone knows. And the station explodes too so yeah I highly doubt he's going to come back.

Well I can say with absolute 100% certainty, that he is coming back.

Not only was his death very similar to Emperor's death in Return of Jedi, who as we all know, was brought back in the EU material many times over (as was Darth Maul who also "died" while falling to a bottomless pit was was brought back), which means if this game follows any trends of Star Wars stories, he is sure to come back, but also since this is so much of a WoW clone, I would not be surprised of any "merely a setback" stuff happening.

Well I can say with absolute 100% certainty, that he is coming back.

Not only was his death very similar to Emperor's death in Return of Jedi, who as we all know, was brought back in the EU material many times over (as was Darth Maul who also "died" while falling to a bottomless pit was was brought back), which means if this game follows any trends of Star Wars stories, he is sure to come back, but also since this is so much of a WoW clone, I would not be surprised of any "merely a setback" stuff happening.

Wait wait link me the lore that shows the Emperor returning. I'd like to know about a 100+ year old man getting electrified then thrown down a pit then EXPLODING and then the Death Star EXPLODING and coming back to life. :jawa_confused:

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

Wait wait link me the lore that shows the Emperor returning. I'd like to know about a 100+ year old man getting electrified then throw down a pit then EXPLODING and then the Death Star EXPLODING and coming back to life. :jawa_confused:

Spirit transfer, much like Vitiate uses.

Sidious lives for quite a wile after Ep 6, his spirit going form clone body to clone body, until he is finally defeated by Yoda's ghost and the ghost of every other Jedi that has ever died all working together to finally trap him in the Chaos (hell) of the force. Because he was that unkillable.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Palpatine#Palpatine_reborn_.284.E2.80.9311_ABY.29

Wouldn't be surprised if Vitiate has to be defeated the same way (with maybe Revans ghost leading instead of Yoda's ghost) as he just as unkillable.

Edited by AngelousWang

i would also like revan back,

even though he is killed in the foundry, but he was not killed by a player he disapeared into a bull of lighting so it may be possible to bend the lore with him

its obvious revan isn't dead. he smoke bombs out, you never see him die. him going "rawr" then disappearing in a cloud of lightning is NOT him dying. who the hell dies like that? lol....

its obvious revan isn't dead. he smoke bombs out, you never see him die. him going "rawr" then disappearing in a cloud of lightning is NOT him dying. who the hell dies like that? lol....

Actually that a normal-ish strong Darksider death thing.

Darth Nihilus disappeared into lightning, as did Sidious's bodies (a few times).

But doesn't happen to all by any means.

Darth Nihilus disappeared into lightning, as did Sidious's bodies (a few times).

Revan... Frankly, I want Revan to stay dead. Force Ghost, I wouldn't mind. But frankly, him just coming back would cheapen his last lines there.

Malgus on the other hand... If falls like that didn't kill Sherlock Holmes, I'm not convinced the fall killed him either. Personally, I suspect his fate fell under, "Sequel fodder we can use later if we have a cool idea."

Considering Revan was very strong in the force he may return as a Force Ghost like Obi Wan.