Are they ruining Scoundrel/Operative in 6.0?

LordSitho

When Blood Boiler triggers, it deals damage to all enemies around the primary target and spreads its effects.

When Volatile Substance triggers, it deals damage to all enemies around the primary target and spreads its effects.

Now we wont be able to sap 1 and kill the next guy without breaking the cc. I think Scrapper/Concealment should be a 1v1 spec.

(4 Piece Bonus) Bushwhack refunds all its energy.

(6 Piece Bonus) Bushwhack heals any allies standing inside it by a minor amount.

(4 Piece Bonus) Toxic Haze refunds all its energy.

(6 Piece Bonus) Toxic Haze heals any allies standing inside it by a minor amount.

This is also just weird, I basically only use this ability to find stealthers and occasionally for dps when there's nothing to heal. I think bioware can do better than this. Besides, it's an awful ability. I'd rather replace it with a stealth scan.

And give back phase walk to shadow/assassins instead of giving it to Snipers. :confused:

Edited by LordSitho

Ruffian/Lethality in PvP is over. The only good tactical is Catalyzed Toxins and even then it has two major problems, maybe 3.

First is that, if you miss it, your basically done for 13 seconds. You lost your major burst. You have to fall on normal Brutal Shots.

Secondly, if you get it on the target you have to waste 2 GCD to reapply your dots. This will bring us to the third and probably most important point.

Thirdly, reapplying dots constantly takes ALOT of energy. The only time I’ve ever ever ran out of energy play Ruffian/Lethality is with Catalyzed Toxins. Sharp Bomb/Corrosive Grenade is like what 20 energy? Not even counting Vital Shot/Poison Dart.

Synox Shots suck, the AoE on Bushwhack seems decent only if you’re damaging a large a large group of people...

Scoundrels/Operative really got nothing interesting outside the Tacticans Set Bonus.

Most of the setbonuses have to do with healing, man, I don’t want to heal I want to do damage!

Edited by UltraFlashStar

When Blood Boiler triggers, it deals damage to all enemies around the primary target and spreads its effects.

When Volatile Substance triggers, it deals damage to all enemies around the primary target and spreads its effects.

Now we wont be able to sap 1 and kill the next guy without breaking the cc. I think Scrapper/Concealment should be a 1v1 spec.

(4 Piece Bonus) Bushwhack refunds all its energy.

(6 Piece Bonus) Bushwhack heals any allies standing inside it by a minor amount.

(4 Piece Bonus) Toxic Haze refunds all its energy.

(6 Piece Bonus) Toxic Haze heals any allies standing inside it by a minor amount.

This is also just weird, I basically only use this ability to find stealthers and occasionally for dps when there's nothing to heal. I think bioware can do better than this. Besides, it's an awful ability. I'd rather replace it with a stealth scan.

And give back phase walk to shadow/assassins instead of giving it to Snipers. :confused:

There are other tacticals and set bonuses.

Look up the Volatile Strike tactical and the Debilitator set bonus if you want a 1v1 orientated style.

Concealment on the PTS is the most fun if had PvPing in years.

There are other tacticals and set bonuses.

Look up the Volatile Strike tactical and the Debilitator set bonus if you want a 1v1 orientated style.

Concealment on the PTS is the most fun if had PvPing in years.

Alrite, that's good news then. :cool:

You guys are also forgetting that Scoundrel/Ops are getting Slinger/Sniper's Bag of Tricks, which resets DCD's and heavy hitting attacks, while increasing Mastery by 15%. That's 15% of a much larger stat pool than now because of 306 gear and level 75.

There's also these set bonuses:

Debilitator

(2) Mastery +2% (4) Exfiltrate’s cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds (6) Debilitate gets two ability charges

Tacticians

(2) Mastery +2% (4) Tactical Overdrive resets the cooldown of Sever Tendon and Toxin Scan (6) Tactical Advantage gets an additional stack. Having a Tactical Advantage increases your damage and healing by 3%

There's also a bunch of "general" sets that look to be good depending on your playstyle and who you're queueing with, or whether you're solo queueing.

TBH, I still have a lot of questions because I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted on the PTS. For example, this Tac item:

Biorythmn

Dealing damage increases all healing done, Healing increases all damge done. Stacks up to 5 times. Only one effect can be active at a time.

Does this mean I can run kolto probes on myself to get 5 stacks in between fights? Do the stacks disappear as soon as I deal damage?

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Biorythmn

Dealing damage increases all healing done, Healing increases all damge done. Stacks up to 5 times. Only one effect can be active at a time.

Does this mean I can run kolto probes on myself to get 5 stacks in between fights? Do the stacks disappear as soon as I deal damage?

Hmmm interesting,, wonder if it generates 1 stack per tick of kolto probe?

Ruffian/Lethality in PvP is over. The only good tactical is Catalyzed Toxins and even then it has two major problems, maybe 3.

First is that, if you miss it, your basically done for 13 seconds. You lost your major burst. You have to fall on normal Brutal Shots.

Secondly, if you get it on the target you have to waste 2 GCD to reapply your dots. This will bring us to the third and probably most important point.

Thirdly, reapplying dots constantly takes ALOT of energy. The only time I’ve ever ever ran out of energy play Ruffian/Lethality is with Catalyzed Toxins. Sharp Bomb/Corrosive Grenade is like what 20 energy? Not even counting Vital Shot/Poison Dart.

Synox Shots suck, the AoE on Bushwhack seems decent only if you’re damaging a large a large group of people...

Scoundrels/Operative really got nothing interesting outside the Tacticans Set Bonus.

Most of the setbonuses have to do with healing, man, I don’t want to heal I want to do damage!

I'm looking at where ruffian stands and it looks pretty bad. I don't know what the damage looks like at endgame, so I have to reserve my full judgement until then. I can only speculate from what I've read and seen on youtube.

It doesn't seem to me like a bushwhack AOE build would kill anyone, so all its related gear seems worthless for PVP, aside from wanting to number farm.

The tactical to blow up your own dots seems dumb. It only blows up the remaining time spent, so you have to put up your 2 dots and then blow them up right away or you don't use it effectively. Afterwards, your brutal shots don't have a strong punch anymore. The optimal brutal shots window is the only way a ruffian is seriously going to kill anyone and without that strong burst, scrapper spec is a much better alternative. That tactical should really be changed into dot protection for PVP: Dots that get cleansed/purged instead cause them to deal their full damage and maybe even in addition stun/snare/root/whatever the person too. THAT would be a way more attractive tactical that what's on the table now. It would offer a solution to balance how punishing the spec's ramp-up time is.

The tactician set and the debilator set both seem worth trying.

Honestly, I can't make an argument for using ruffian over scrapper once the expansion hits.