Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the name you are talking about?

Totally agree....Im done, done with EA/Bioware products. I'm closing account now, I am NOT going to pay these guys money to lie to us, ignoring us is one thing, 'Couple of days and we will see what can be done yeah right'....oldest trick in the book 'The Stall Tactic'...Now the great question does one go play with Pandas or does one try GW2? :rak_02:

6 weeks will put us in November...so next update would more than likely be the free to play model so it would be unlikely they will do anything with our servers till they see how the free to play model affects populations.

If you watch or listen to any of the Dev's talking about free to play they imply it will be the 2nd coming of Tor with one of the bigwigs of EA claiming it has the potential to bring in millions of people...lol.

So I would not hold my breath for anything to be done to our servers before F2P goes live.

Well here I am on one of my level 50 imperial characters thinking I'd get on this side and do a random hard mode flashpoint. I've quickly realised there's no hope of that. It's a Saturday afternoon, right after a major content patch release. Beginning of school holidays. You would assume that this would be a busy time yet there's 10 people on the imperial fleet station. The republic side is getting quiet but the imperial side is absolutely dead.

Well here I am on one of my level 50 imperial characters thinking I'd get on this side and do a random hard mode flashpoint. I've quickly realised there's no hope of that. It's a Saturday afternoon, right after a major content patch release. Beginning of school holidays. You would assume that this would be a busy time yet there's 10 people on the imperial fleet station. The republic side is getting quiet but the imperial side is absolutely dead.

Not to be that guy, but you do realise it is AFL Grand Final?

In other news, I gave in and have unsubbed. Will more than likely re-sub once Bioware wake up and see that we need a consolidation. Waiting for free to play will not solve anything. By the time that the new Free to play players reach level 50, the servers will all be so far dead that they wont even have anyone to play their allotted one Flashpoint for the week (or whatever number it is)

can't see the QQ attraction to a character name ...seriously.

I was eating a packet of Doritos when i rolled Chippy... Doritos was taken, you figure out the rest :D

On a serious note, it really looks like BW have moved us to the "too hard pile" due to lack of responses from devs in this post.

Bioware... please just let us know what your plans are... thats all we ask... are you waiting for F2P etc etc or are you still wighing up the options?

As paying subscibers we deserve to know what is happening so we can plan if we are going to continue to support this game or move on....

That is all

<3 Chippy

So, about our servers ...........

Any news ?.

1.4 hasn't done much to boost our population on Master Dar'nala. At best we have an extra 20 people on fleet during peek. The only change I have seen is that some PVP'ers have come back. I know of at least 3 guilds that are suffering from their PVE guys not coming back and are either pugging (and failing to complete the new content) or joining forces in an attempt to give the new stuff a crack.

I think that EA/Bioware are going to wait till F2P is launched till they decide on the future of our servers.

Well thats all fine an dandy on paper but the subscribers, IE; the paying customers are getting rick-rolled.

F2P wont work if the servers are empty !.

Bout time we got some more feedback, Joveth,....... what's the go man ?.

Bioware... please just let us know what your plans are... thats all we ask... are you waiting for F2P etc etc or are you still weighing up the options?

I would say yes that is exactly what they are planning to do, waiting to see how many will come back for F2P.

We finally had ranked WZ Thursday night and it was a fantastic night, however with the small numbers on both imp and pubs there were a few people who were disappointed they were excluded. With higher numbers there would be more groups running and the opportunity to run up against new players and on more then one night.

I now have GW2 running in the background and I'll switch over there levelling my new toon while waiting for a pop. There is only so much emoting one can do while waiting on the fleet, might as well be playing a game that is active. I continue to pay for my sub as I have developed some fantastic friendships, but even that won't keep me holding on while numbers continue to drop.

I and all that have posted on this forum would like a honest and definite response to this situation; if you have no plans to offer us free transfers (I don't think they will merge servers as stated from their twitter quote) and are stringing us along until november for the F2P.

Denis Waitley:

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.

Only power of change left in our hands is to decide if we should continue to pay for subs or to unsub… offer us more choice and please before november; it's a very long wait until then.

May I just add that 1.4 has made very little difference to my gaming, for me it's a meh.

:sy_blaster:Boo - Boss

Master Dar'Nala (PvP)

Edited by Locknesslady

The normal 50 PvP pop rate has really become alarmingly low. With any luck the rwz will pop tonight. ... if it doesn't then we wait till Wednesday. ...or longer.

Please give us some short of indication as to what your master plan is with the APAC servers. If its "we're waiting till f2p for an awesome influx of people before we make a decision on it" ...then let us know so we can in turn make informed decisions.

Your level of communication with us is disgusting.

It is the week-end in the States now...you won't see any Dev or Community Managers post till early Tuesday morning our time, they don't seem to work week-ends.

Irrelevant. If I left my work place on a Friday without letting the weekend staff a memo of ' things to know and/ or do' then I may be considered uncaring or incompetent.

They know this needs some sort of reply and the longer they ignore the issue the less of an issue it will be i guess... noone will log on ....I'm pretty fantatical about the game but if I can't even get a regular wz pop without waiting 20+ minutes then it s very close getting to the point where I can't be bothered to log in at all.

The point is, weekend or not, the communication from this company is deplorable.

I would like to add my voice to the large number here. I think it's clear that almost everyone on Master Del'Nara would be happy to merge with the PvE Oceanic server but it seems like you do not wish to mix those server types which is a reasonable decision.

If that is your choice, then the only reasonable option is to let us transfer to the US West servers (US East has a much bigger ping for most of Oceania) or give us a choice of the main servers to transfer to and let us decide.

It is not fair to the players to leave us waiting 15 minutes in a warzone queue and because the wait is so long and the time is unpredictable, as the match might finish early, we have to make sure we are watching the client every minute or we will miss the next game and have to wait all over again. This happened to me last week while I was tabbed out to read the forums. I missed three games in a row and ended up waiting 45 minutes for a game.

I was also involved in a high-end PvE guild which quit due to lack of content - another issue but I won't address it here. The lack of content has made many PvE players leave and as such has made it difficult for many guilds on Master Del'Nara to run the new operation. A transfer or server merge would obviously help.

I will echo Locknesslady's sentiments: Please let us know as soon as possible if you agree and will let us transfer or if you are unwilling to do this. Your paying subscribers deserve to know.

Made it through about 17 pages before I ran out of the will to keep reading, so if I'm echoing anyone else, I apologize.

Although I'm a denizen of North America, I created a toon on Gav Daragon the day it went live, due to my bizarre hours and aberrant sleeping patterns. I have toons across all three regions (Europe/North America/Oceania), and I can say without hesitation that the community on GD is better than that on the servers in the other regions.

Or rather, it was. Now it's mostly sort of...not there any more. But to be fair, I've logged in a couple of nights where GD is the only server actually above 'Light' population-wise. Don't ask me how, I have no idea. Getting into a WZ of any type or level is still a grand pain in the backside, however.

At the very least, EA needs to implement cross-server Warzones and Flashpoints. Minimum. If they have no intention of consolidating servers (and considering the amount of complaining and incendiary comments in the other regions that ensued after the 'Big Mergers' concerning all sorts of things, that's not really all that surprising), these will be the minimum actions needed to keep the game playable for the APAC population. That will mean that the only thing that comes up short are PvE group quests and OPvP, but that's occurring now, anyways.

It would be depressing to have to abandon my GD Legacy. I'm not the sort to announce 'I'M LEAVING' - I'd just do it (though I have no plans to do so, not at the moment), but as a former business owner, I remember a very real truism:

For every customer you hear from that tells you they're leaving, seven to ten others simply do it. In this case, these are the folks who don't come to the forums to say anything, or even to read. They quietly unsubscribe and depart, and we never hear from them again. Without the cross-server services, this trend is going to continue. :(

Those of you who are saying you would be happy to transfer to US servers - do you remember having a 250ms+ ping? The last thing I want to do is move back to that.

Get used to it...even if they merged oceanics...they would be desolate again in a few months