Hello from chilly Scotland!

WinterBlueRaven

Hello folks, Blue here =)

Am a tad apprehensive returning to MMO gaming, had some nasty experiences on WoW before dropping it. So am a complete noob :D I am still to create my 1st character, waiting for the game to finish downloading. Am interested in playing a smuggler, but not entirely sure about what server to join. How is the single player side of the game? PvE would be more my style I think. And guilds, anyone suggest any in particular?

Anyone wanting to friend me, go right ahead. Hope to be up and running shortly =)

hi there, welcome to SWTOR!

to find people to play with, you should probably pick your server first and head to its forum to make a presentation and/or look for guilds looking to welcome new players.

There is one english speaking server per preferred type of play (RP, PVP, PVE) but do not worry too much if you pick one and change your mind after, you can still pvp on an RP server or RP on a PVE server (some people might look at you funny but nothing a good blaster cannot solve :jawa_tongue: ).

The smuggler story does not involves much smuggling, rather it makes you more of a treasure hunter / privateer, but if you like funny retorts and witty sarcasm, it's probably the class to pick.

The single player part (leveling 1 to 50) is great, if you know games like Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, SWTOR feels a little like KotOR 3. The MMO part at level 50 is a complete copy/paste of Wow so you may not like it as much, but nothing prevents you from leveling another class instead.

Hope you find yourself at home!

Edited by Oggthebase

hi there, welcome to SWTOR!

to find people to play with, you should probably pick your server first and head to its forum to make a presentation and/or look for guilds looking to welcome new players.

There is one english speaking server per preferred type of play (RP, PVP, PVE) but do not worry too much if you pick one and change your mind after, you can still pvp on an RP server or RP on a PVE server (some people might look at you funny but nothing a good blaster cannot solve :jawa_tongue: ).

The smuggler story does not involves much smuggling, rather it makes you more of a treasure hunter / privateer, but if you like funny retorts and witty sarcasm, it's probably the class to pick.

The single player part (leveling 1 to 50) is great, if you know games like Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, SWTOR feels a little like KotOR 3. The MMO part at level 50 is a complete copy/paste of Wow so you may not like it as much, but nothing prevents you from leveling another class instead.

Hope you find yourself at home!

Thanks for the info, my download can't go fast enough :D I loved KOTOR 1&2 so I should enjoy this just fine. Ah well, like you said, I can easily play another class.

Hello and welcome to SWTOR! :D If you choose Jedi Covenant, feel free to contact me in game if you need any help or just want someone to quest with. My toons are listed in my sig. :) I haven't leveled my Smuggler alt yet, but I've heard good things about that story. As you can see from my sig, I am addicted to playing all the different class stories. :) There is definitely something for everyone. Anyway, have fun!!

Hi there and welcome. :)

Hope you have fun because that's the whole point of a game. Don't let any of those ragers get you down.

I can be found on The Shadowlands or Jedi Covenant if you choose one of those servers. I am much more of a PVP player than a PVE one, although I started out mainly doing PVE.

If you're playing smuggler, I'd suggest you play a gunslinger. I've played both scoundrel and gunslinger, and they're both fun, just I prefer playing a gunslinger more.

Thanks for the welcome, folks :D Am busy revising just now, but have thoroughly enjoyed the game so far. Got a level 11 Gunslinger and 11 Bounty Hunter on the Red Eclipse server, am a member of the Wild Ones too I think. So far, my Bounty Hunter has got to be my favourite. The storyline is great, and I am enjoying both multiplayer and single-player aspects of the game. Not to mention romances?! Was not expect that ;) People have been friendly and easy going when it comes to groups. All in all, I think I've settled in just fine!

Welcome to Red Eclipse, my main's a smuggler (scoundrel) with a merc alt (and a Guardian and a Sorc on the side).

All the class stories I've done have been fun, though my favourite was smuggler. Skavak's a great enemy, and I love all the banter and wisecracks.

There's also an unofficial server forum if you're interested:

http://www.redeclipse.eu/

Good luck, and have fun.

Welcome to Red Eclipse, my main's a smuggler (scoundrel) with a merc alt (and a Guardian and a Sorc on the side).

All the class stories I've done have been fun, though my favourite was smuggler. Skavak's a great enemy, and I love all the banter and wisecracks.

There's also an unofficial server forum if you're interested:

http://www.redeclipse.eu/

Good luck, and have fun.

Thanks for the link, I have registered and posted in the intro section :D