White and Purple crystals?

hey guys, any idea if vendors with purple and white pve color crystals will come back to the game? thanks

I dont believe they have announced if the vendor will be back at some point. My guess would be yes. but then they did say that they wanted purple and white crystals to remain relatively rare.

Perhaps the white crystal will come when they bring out the next op white and black white? makes sense as of course (rep side)

colum - cyan colour (sm ops)

rakata - black blue in hm ops

black orange - denova box random drop

black purple - denova hardmode

Heres to hoping *raises glass*

....... But then ...... ive always been told i am an optimist lol

This week's Q&A: no plans to make purple and white craftable at this time, particularly white.

So definitely rare--an "I was there" reward to people who bought them pre 1.2. From the statement, we can surmise that BW is not intending to make them common, so if they do come back as a reward, expect it to be on par with the 2.5 million credit price tag they once carried.

This week's Q&A: no plans to make purple and white craftable at this time, particularly white.

So definitely rare--an "I was there" reward to people who bought them pre 1.2. From the statement, we can surmise that BW is not intending to make them common, so if they do come back as a reward, expect it to be on par with the 2.5 million credit price tag they once carried.

Pretty much this.

White at least is one color they want to keep extremely rare. If you want one, I recommend banking credits somewhere for the if/when they put the vendor back in the game to buy one. Purple crystals, at least, can be found pretty readily on the Imperial side of things, it's the equivalent of the Republic's cyan.

I hope if they bring back white, they're really hard to get. It would be kind of a letdown if I spent 2.5 million credits on one and they started giving them away for downing a boss. Maybe they could do something like the Legendary Weapons in WoW and have a huge questline that includes gathering stuff from endgame content and have the reward for it be a weapon with a white crystal, that way it would be available but would only be gotten by people willing to put in a bit of work to get one.

I'm just going to get this rant off my chest. I was one of the folks that started playing this game recently for the first time and I have to see people with purple and white light sabers yet I cannot get one? People paid less than 300k and now the new comers have to pay millions? (if you can even find one on GTM) I also can't get the speeder I want because they are never being sold anymore. WHY SHOULD I PAY SOMEONE MILLIONS OF CREDIT WHEN THEY BOUGHT IT FOR 200K????

Bio Ware, why can't you do it like mass effect, make it an extremely rare drop and if you play long enough you will get it, like the black widow. Either that or bring it back and sell it for a couple mil to limit the amount of people to get it. I'm just saying it's just not fair discontinuing items, anyone that signs up to play the game now cannot possibly get what they want even if they work real hard at it.

Edited by prestonnjohnson

The white crystal cost about 1.5 million when it was at the vendor, before that it was a beta only drop (so I've been told).

I would love to see the crystals brought back or even given schematics. I (stupidly :p) bought the Cyan Critical crystal for my Sorcerer, which I've since switched out for a black/orange power crystal (no more normal colours for me!), but I do miss my Cyan crystal <3

I wunt dem raynboh cristuls

EDIT: Yeh I've only seen about 2 white crystals in the time i've played, and never actually seen them ...how do I put it... out.. I've just happened to notice the white crystal in someones sabre mods when inspecting them :(

Edited by Jayshames

I love my white crystal. I grinded my behind off doing dailies to get enough creds for a +41 power. Cost me 2.5 million. If bioware brings them back, I expect no less of a price tag.

I understand everybody wants the best gear., or even teh best looking. But I am a staunch supporter of having extremely rare and limited items in game. Sure it sucks for the new people that didnt start playing until after something has been released. But at the same time it gives people something unique to work towards.

And they are extremely rare, atleast on my server. I only know 4 people with a white crystal. 1 being myself, 2 are guild mates. And one of the guild mates is a mara, and believe it or not. He duel wields white sabers.

I'm just going to get this rant off my chest. I was one of the folks that started playing this game recently for the first time and I have to see people with purple and white light sabers yet I cannot get one? People paid less than 300k and now the new comers have to pay millions? (if you can even find one on GTM) I also can't get the speeder I want because they are never being sold anymore. WHY SHOULD I PAY SOMEONE MILLIONS OF CREDIT WHEN THEY BOUGHT IT FOR 200K????

Bio Ware, why can't you do it like mass effect, make it an extremely rare drop and if you play long enough you will get it, like the black widow. Either that or bring it back and sell it for a couple mil to limit the amount of people to get it. I'm just saying it's just not fair discontinuing items, anyone that signs up to play the game now cannot possibly get what they want even if they work real hard at it.

Entitlement generation Enough said

I love my white crystal. I grinded my behind off doing dailies to get enough creds for a +41 power. Cost me 2.5 million. If bioware brings them back, I expect no less of a price tag.

I understand everybody wants the best gear., or even teh best looking. But I am a staunch supporter of having extremely rare and limited items in game. Sure it sucks for the new people that didnt start playing until after something has been released. But at the same time it gives people something unique to work towards.

And they are extremely rare, atleast on my server. I only know 4 people with a white crystal. 1 being myself, 2 are guild mates. And one of the guild mates is a mara, and believe it or not. He duel wields white sabers.

I am by no means rich or well-educated with this game, but I completely agree that the game needs more unique or rare items, just seems like all the high-end items are pretty easy to obtain with a good group/guild or maybe a week grinding. They need to implement some really rare things that are fully tradable for credits to be used on, rather than just money sinks for alts.

The white crystal cost about 1.5 million when it was at the vendor, before that it was a beta only drop (so I've been told).

I would love to see the crystals brought back or even given schematics. I (stupidly :p) bought the Cyan Critical crystal for my Sorcerer, which I've since switched out for a black/orange power crystal (no more normal colours for me!), but I do miss my Cyan crystal <3

2.5mil for the level 50 one

Entitlement generation Enough said

well when you are paying good money monthly for this game don't you think you should be able to get what you want? there is literally no benefits for a person if they buy the game now. I think if Bioware is smart they start giving new players rare stuff to balance it out and make all you rich players jealous. Why not, it's only fair.

Sadly I was just too poor to afford the white crystals, BUT I completely agree. So far the only real "rare" rewards are the "your account was active between this timeframe." I see a nice amount of White / Purple on Canderous Ordo though...but like the quoted post said, we need more limited time rewards to make the playerbase feel like they achieved something. (Hell I still have 2 Green-Black crystals from the first game event, never used them yet, but one day when I make a Jedi or my Sith reaches 50 haha....)

I'd like to throw out some examples from the late Star Wars Galaxies: The "Painting" and the yearly anv. paintings / rewards. Rare armors or backpacks (like the Chiss Poacher pack), the first AOE gun (fireworks pistol), the rare bacta tanks, Mandalorian backpacks, Blacksun gear, Sundrider's and all the other named saber crystals, etc.

Edited by Eillack