Erked.

Levity

this is in NO way different from the CE exclusives.

Real money for exclusive fluff items in the CE case

Real money for exclusive fluff items in this new rep.

Case closed.

PS: there a NO achievement points for reputation gains in 2.0. You will NOT miss any achievement points.

I'm tired of this collectors edition excuse to have a p2w system. Are you serious?

Obviously everyone of you like the idea of p2w system, and hey, bring it on, let it ruin the game.

The collector's edition is fluff. The new rep. grind is a piece of content you pay to win at. THERE'S YOUR DIFFERENCE.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It simply serves people who want to show off how much money they can waste on the game.

Or people who want better customization options given the huge lack of currently missing from the game? Y'know, since customization is a big part of all MMO's. Why don't we charge people to enter the new Op when it's released? Yeah, that's "fluff", do you NEED to do that? Not at all, so why not help EAware fill their pockets even more? :D

This has to be the biggest dick move ever from a company. Even more than pulling out a content out of a patch 5 ours before it is implement, like bioware did before.

Really, I have to pay real money to get reputation ? Is an early april fools joke ? Does bioware has even a shred of respect for subscribers ?

This utter ridiculous, i have completely lost hope of this mmo becoming something,, this is nothing more than a quick money scam from EA and BW , im done with this game.

I'm tired of this collectors edition excuse to have a p2w system. Are you serious?

Obviously everyone of you like the idea of p2w system, and hey, bring it on, let it ruin the game.

The collector's edition is fluff. The new rep. grind is a piece of content you pay to win at. THERE'S YOUR DIFFERENCE.

I'm tired of you calling it p2w. There's nothing p2w about it.

Edited by Vember

• Dev Post

I can see from reading over this thread (and some others) that there are some questions around this new Reputation so I wanted to hopefully clarify a few points in this thread.

-

• Reputation is based on money spent! - Although to an extent this is certainly true as the Reputation is gained by opening Contraband Packs, keep in mind that if you do not want to spend Cartel Coins on packs you always have the option of purchasing them through the GTN from other players. I know this will not diffuse the notion that it is a "pay to Reputation" but it is an alternative to spending Cartel Coins if that was your primary concern.
  • Pay To Win - When designing a system for the Cartel Market this is always something we are very aware of. With this new Reputation system almost all of the items you can get have no stats and are purely cosmetic items or Adaptive shells. The only exception is the level 43 armor which was previously found on the Cartel Market.
  • Exclusive Items - As a part of this Reputation there are three vendors found on the fleet, only one of these vendors contains items exclusive to this organization (which again, has no stats on it). The other two vendors contain items which are either found in packs from Shipment One, or were previously a part of the Cartel Market (which are most likely all available from other players on the GTN). These items all cost credits, Cartel Market Certificates, or both.

I know these clarifications will certainly not alleviate all of your frustrations. I want to note that the design philosophy behind this Reputation was to specifically thank the players who purchase the best-selling items on the Cartel Market, the packs. I hope those clarifications can alleviate some of your concerns, however, please keep the feedback coming. As you explore the system we want to hear your thoughts and will be keeping an eye on this thread.

-eric

Because there's no statistical ingame advantage to having maxed rep with this vendor, that any other player can't get by different means. It's all fluff. I really don't see the big deal here, and I don't plan to gain rep with this vendor.

Ok, so you don't care about it, means everyone else should. And we should all dance like little fairies throwing sparkling dust around while EA/BW holds the strings. Look, I bet a big portion of this player base likes getting reputation. For those people who like getting reputation and doing the grinds, all this is, is p2w. Honestly. Rep. grinds are the same as lvl grinds. You gain exp and get rewarded with a new lvl. So by all means if it's ok to pay for a rep. grind it's ok to pay for a lvl grind too. Or anything of grind. You want credits? Pay real cash. You want end game gear? Pay real cash.

Honestly, reputation since it's birth has never been about fluff content. ITS a BIG part of the content. Especially in this kind of game that merits story, where your accomplishments mean something. I'm sorry I'd rather spend the time ingame actually achieving something then p2wing it.

I know these clarifications will certainly not alleviate all of your frustrations. I want to note that the design philosophy behind this Reputation was to specifically thank the players who purchase the best-selling items on the Cartel Market, the packs. I hope those clarifications can alleviate some of your concerns, however, please keep the feedback coming. As you explore the system we want to hear your thoughts and will be keeping an eye on this thread.

-eric

Wow, just wow. I thought, surely, there's going to be a way to earn this rep later down the road. I can't believe my knee-jerk reaction was right. Fix it. Change it. Now. Emergency patch 1.7.2a needs to deploy tomorrow with these dropping somewhere. Your clarification confirms our worst fears.

I want to note that the design philosophy behind this Reputation was to specifically thank the players who purchase the best-selling items on the Cartel Market, the packs.

"Thanking" players by forcing them to spend more money? Sorry but that's just a terrible excuse.

Didn't a dev say that we will have ways of earning CC's in game soon?

If that has any truth to it, then you might not have to spend any real money on this rep. This will only be an issue for someone who doesn't want to grind CC's and/or may want something now, which makes it optional to spend cash.

If they have already squashed the in game CC's idea, my bad, I very well could've missed it.

There is a limited number of CCs to earn from the achievement system. In the version on PTS there are 820 available CC's primarily for leveling all 8 classes. This is enough to buy 2.5 of the new cartel packs and in no way mitigates the fact you can't earn rep while playing the game.

In general, since this is already being called Money Spent on Game Gauge, I would ask Bioware to include the rep items as an addition perk for subscribers, enough to get 10k rep a month. This would be 7 months of subbing before hitting legend status but I feel like it would mitigate the bad sentiment this patch has already received.

Also, it would be nice if the rep items and certificates could be sold on the GTN so that we don't have to buy the entire pack to just get the reputation. The plethora of complaints within hours of this going live is bad news for Bioware and hopefully you guys can respond in a way similar to the repair crisis of 1.7.0.

I

[*]Pay To Win - When designing a system for the Cartel Market this is always something we are very aware of. With this new Reputation system almost all of the items you can get have no stats and are purely cosmetic items or Adaptive shells. The only exception is the level 43 armor which was previously found on the Cartel Market.

This is the first step to P2W. Of course, for Raiding, Flashpoint and PVP this is a non-sense faction.

But for people who play the game because of the gathering, success, reputation, etc.

it is know P2W.

I can see from reading over this thread (and some others) that there are some questions around this new Reputation so I wanted to hopefully clarify a few points in this thread.

-

• Reputation is based on money spent! - Although to an extent this is certainly true as the Reputation is gained by opening Contraband Packs, keep in mind that if you do not want to spend Cartel Coins on packs you always have the option of purchasing them through the GTN from other players. I know this will not diffuse the notion that it is a "pay to Reputation" but it is an alternative to spending Cartel Coins if that was your primary concern.
  • Pay To Win - When designing a system for the Cartel Market this is always something we are very aware of. With this new Reputation system almost all of the items you can get have no stats and are purely cosmetic items or Adaptive shells. The only exception is the level 43 armor which was previously found on the Cartel Market.
  • Exclusive Items - As a part of this Reputation there are three vendors found on the fleet, only one of these vendors contains items exclusive to this organization (which again, has no stats on it). The other two vendors contain items which are either found in packs from Shipment One, or were previously a part of the Cartel Market (which are most likely all available from other players on the GTN). These items all cost credits, Cartel Market Certificates, or both.

-eric

Thank you for the clarification. I only hope that this information helps people see things more clearly. This is an intriguing option for those who want to spend more money on a unique or previously discontinued look.

-

-eric

Question for you. Any possibility of the new achievement system that is on test center to possibly have cartel market rep tokens as rewards for some achievements?

-

-eric

Hello dev!

I just want to point out that there is no difference in paying to lvl a reputation grind, and paying to lvl a character. This will cause big issues with people(like me) who really enjoy the grinding aspect to gaining the rep. You put time and effort and it is rewarding. You are paying 2 win this reputation grind. No other way to put it. You may not think it because it doesn't affect the balance of the game. But it's not just balance, it's content people are being blocked out of. There's no sense of merit paying 2 win anything. And it's a gross implementation.

-

-eric

I hope you gagged a little when you posted that.

Real money rep grinding support by the developers with no way too rep grind it by actually playing the game.

Pretty clear how you're running this ship.

There are more then a few people in the guild I am in that very upset by this change and are thinking of leaving because they feel it sets a bad tone for the game. I myself am also very unhappy with this change and feel It is in poor taste. Things like this force me to sit down and take a hard look at if I enjoy where the game is going and if it is some place I wish to follow and right now it is not.

Okay here's what's really wrong with this rep grind.

I pay my sub 3 months at a time for roughly $40 - my sub & my security key gets me 1800 CC.

For the same amount of real money I can drop down to Prefered status & buy 5500 CC over the same time period for the same price. That's more than enough to buy the weekly passes and essential unlocks I would need, and still end up with more CC in the end.

The more content subs lose access to ~ the more players will convert to Prefered status ~ BW can take that to the bank.

Edited by Cleet_Xia

-eric

Well thanks for giving us the big middle finger with your entire post.... at least it was a response.... also I love how quick the dev team was to "thank" the cartel market pack buyers and still poop on the CE players thanks for the eye piece.... after a full year of waiting for an update.

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

I mentioned they should do this months ago. Instead of getting 100% garbage with almost all packs at least give some kind of currency with each pack that can be accumulated to purchase neat things. That's exactly what they did. It's a good and much needed change for people that would back packs if it weren't for the worthelss junk that came in most of them. I couldn't care less what you think you're entitled too because you pay a sub. This is for people that pay beyond the sub and it's 100% cosmetic fluff that effects absolutely nothing of actual gameplay so go cry inthe corner away from everyone else please.

I want to note that the design philosophy behind this Reputation was to specifically thank the players who purchase the best-selling items on the Cartel Market, the packs. I hope those clarifications can alleviate some of your concerns, however, please keep the feedback coming. As you explore the system we want to hear your thoughts and will be keeping an eye on this thread.

-eric

And we thank you for this little thing you give for repeat customers to save up towards. Despite the many whines about this, the system itself is solid and has proven itself on many markets. I think the most well-known version of this system has to be the Air Miles system. It is a solid business practice to reward people who spend money on your product with something to 'save'.

So, all those complaining, I ask you this: Do you hate Air Miles?

-

-eric

Feels more like a slap on the face than thanks. Not only people had to gamble to get those items , now they have to gamble to get the reputation to buy those items. Really ? its ridiculous , its disgusting and there is no way in hell that this should ever be implemented in a game. THis is nothing more than a money grab by EA and Bioware.

Why cant we get reputation by say.... PLAYING THE GAME ? Instead of having to pay for a case that may give a random amount of reputation.

I hope you gagged a little when you posted that.

Real money rep grinding support by the developers with no way too rep grind it by actually playing the game.

Pretty clear how you're running this ship.

Hey.. think about this:

You can buy these packs on the GTN. So, there IS a way to grind it by playing the game. Stop being a tool and start ripping up everyone's Air Miles cards as well.