How do I defeat Sith bosses and Huge droid like SD-0?

NuclearEnrique

How do I defeat the Sith Infiltrator or other tough guys in the game. I tried a few time and I got tired. Any ideas. Since my character is a Shadow I sneak around but I realize my fighting skills are not the best so I depend on my force powers. Any suggest would help.

Sith are superior you don't kill them:sy_empire:

If you're referring to the SD-O (world boss on Coruscant) and Sith Infiltrator in the ruins of the Jedi Temple (the champion "guarding" the strength datacron), you're not supposed to fight them solo. The SD-0 is a world boss, and, as such, requires at least 3 people (even at 50, it can't be solod thanks to mechanics); the Sith Infiltrator is a champion and, as such, is designed to be fought by a standard 4 man group: 1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 dps. Some players may choose to take on champions on their own, but it's not something that a "normal" player can generally do since it requires more than a modicum of skill (assuming, you're not just vastly overleveling it). Even then, not every composition of player and companion can manage it: tank + healer companion is the most popular for taking on champions solo because it turns what would otherwise be a DPS race you're bound to lose into a war of attrition that you're almost guaranteed to win (since most champions don't deal enough damage to a tank to overcome what a healer companion is capable of healing up).

In short, you're not supposed to defeat them on your own. You're supposed to get together with other people to beat them.

As lvl 40-50 dps shadow. You can solo SD-0 using the similar technique, and have done it 2-3 times. The trick is getting your companion to stay in one place. Your companion wont fight back but it -anchors- 1 end of the proximity laser to him -- the only thing dangerous to you which can be negated by standing as far away from your companion as possible (without having him teleport close to you). Keep the laser green before it goes off and you're golden

Also failed 20-30 times hehe. That means it's possible but impractical... makes a nice achievement tho.

For high health bosses that only have melee attacks/abilities, I just force slow them and then kite enough for tharan to heal me. You'll be needing teammates against other boss-type champions of your level that has AOE/ranged attacks/abilities

edit: oh you were talking about taking them at lvls 15-20... never mind me. but yeah sd-0 can be defeated with overlevelling

Edited by GARhenus

• 2 weeks later...