Republic Classes

ZombieYouth

Hey everyone, fairly new to the game here. I have been Playing the Sith/Imperial side a lot since I purchased the game. Could anyone provide me with some classes to get into on republic side? What is fun (in your opinion) is there anything that solos especially well? Which storylines and such are fun to go through

Hello ZombieYouth! I am a big fan of Republic classes and here are a few brief summaries.

Most fun to least fun:

Jedi Knight- A Knight of the Republic going planet to planet saving the day when chaos was about to take over any second. Jedi Knights have awesome companions with a fun story line.

Guardians are the closest Jedi class to the movie Jedi. IMO it's my favorite class.

Smuggler- The Smuggler doesn't listen to orders and will only do so if you are being paid credits. I didn't get very far in the Smuggler quest line ;)

Trooper- The trooper is a fun class to play with a cool play style. In your story you follow orders (some being light or dark) and must serve the republic to any extent.

Jedi Consular- In the story line you must heal, be diplomatic, and fight evil.

The class is a little slow and so are the companions. It doesn't really have a "Jedi" feel at endgame.

The Sage healer does a good job Soloing it's just slow dps with companion.

The trooper in general does a pretty good job soloing.

Edited by Morefunnest

The Jedi Knight is THE CLASS in SWTOR, the Jedi Consular is just a **** Version of it who can throw stones but is still better then the Inquisitor who has LIGHTNING Animations in nearly every skill.

The Trooper is the Republican Agent with the skills of a Bountyhunter, and bigger guns.

And last but not least the smuggler, his story sucks but damn hes so much bosslike compared to the Agent. I mean seriously what are 3 different Knifes against a shotgun, a Punch in tha Face and a Kick in "you know were"?

If you know the Empire force users, then you know the Republic force users. The classes are mirrors:

Guardian = Juggernaught

Sentinal = Maurauder

Sage = Sorcerer

Shadow = Assasin

My only real recomendation is to roll a male Jedi Knight and play at least until the end of Act 1. Oh, and get to Social 2 as quick as you can, so when you get to Nar Shaada you can buy your companion a Slave Girl outfit.;)

The other Republic classes... don't use lightsabers. So I ignore them.

Jedi Knight is as said THE true SWTOR sequel story. It becomes the most epic. Awesome love story for Males too (my fav on Rep side). And love Sentinel, Guardian too. Picks on on Nar Shadaa. Big time.

Trooper - Mirror of BH playstyle/spec but really more Agent like story wise in terms of working directly for Republic with chain of command/orders/etc. Great Light/Dark options. My overall fav companions as a whole, just something about collecting your own elite squad.

Consular - I loathe the male voice... I went female (way better voice acting imo). I love Qyuzen. (he is a mirror of Khem Val but wayyyyyyyy cooler character/story). The story is - more cerebral, it is slow - it has imo an Indiana Jones feel, searching for lost ancient mystic artifacts etc. I haven't finished it.

Smuggler - Love the VA - only played Act I - I don't like the first companion BUT cool ones follow - more like BH in terms of working for themselves, credits, not necessarily loyal Republic like the other classes. Males have multiple romance options (kinda makes sense eh lol). I am waiting to roll a Chiss Smuggler why I stopped.

Consular - I loathe the male voice... I went female (way better voice acting imo). I love Qyuzen. (he is a mirror of Khem Val but wayyyyyyyy cooler character/story). The story is - more cerebral, it is slow - it has imo an Indiana Jones feel, searching for lost ancient mystic artifacts etc. I haven't finished it.

I think you are mistaken. The first chapter is about finding several Masters and help them (trying to avoid spoilers). Then, it's about using diplomacy with a bunch of senators, while searching for a sort of very evil and powerful spy ring.

So far, just speaking for the story, I would consider avoiding the consular story. Boring and obvious. The diplomacy idea is great, but the plot isn't. And casting little rocks... Come on...

The trooper's chapter 1 is cool, while the rest is bad at 80%. There is a war going on, and you are the elite. Yet, you are running errand on various planet, far away from the front line, for some reason. The worse being Voss and Belsavis.

Smuggler plot is average, but conversations as a male are awesome. Characters to.

JK don't know, I heard a lot of good things about it, but I didn't like the sentinel gameplay.

Then play Guardian, there some hard passagesm (specially Alderan) but the Story and the PvP with the Guardian makes fun. I also heard that the Sentinel should be hard to play compared to the Guardian.

You won't be disappointed if you play as a Smuggler. Sure, the story might not be the most impactful or thought-provoking, but damn is it enjoyable. The charm and humor of it put it, in my opinion, above the rest of the Republic's classes. Plus, on top of the great gameplay that smugglers get, the companions are some of (if not the) best in the entire game. Your companions are your crew, and they act like it, interacting with eachother, mentioning eachother when talking to you, you get a real sense of comraderie and family with your crew. That's something that few other classes can claim.