Hardmode "manners"

There is no reason for rudeness. However, you, OP, need to communicate with your group. Let them know if you are new and need help/want to watch things. Don't just expect everyone to be new as well. Many of us have done the FPs over and over and just want to get them done and get our rewards.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents...

In an HM everyone should've already done the flashpoint on storymode before, so they can learn the basic mechanics and even the story in a less dangerous environment. In HM everyone should come prepared, if you do not have that experience in at least a storymode you shouldn't que for the HM version of that FP... but if you have done the storymode and this is your first HM version of this, be courteous and let the team know so they can help teach you the new mechanics of the HM.

I agree the should help you if you at least bring prior experience from the regular FP's to the table. But if you don't then you are q'ing for the wrong thing.

Also as far as the story goes... if a member doesn't want to spacebar, fine it doesn't really matter to me. But other people would rather rush it. That said, do the storymodes to learn the story (makes sense right?)

It's when people don't follow those simple guidelines that the more hardcore pve players get ticked. Understandably of course.

Good manners goes both ways.

While I don't condone anyone being rude by saying SPAAAAACERBARRRRRR, the fact of the matter is, most people doing the HM FP in the group finder are there for the comms. Right or wrong, most people queuing want a fast run.

If you don't want a speed run, just ask politely in the beginning.

It's just as wrong to angrily demand everyone else to watch the story as it is to angrily demand everyone to spacebar. A respectful request will do wonders.

this I agree yes

I don't care that you may have done the thing 50 times (and if so why are you still doing it like a rat bumping a button with its nose for a treat)

it is extremely annoying to be rushed through - i ain't playing it for you

i'm playing cos i want some group fun and not a race

and where do peopple get off telling me "skip skip, space bar ffs"??!!! I don't tell other people what to do why are you? who made you the bigmen????

if you really take it that seriously you seriously need to get a life

Games should not be taken seriously in the first place..

Best way to deal with these idiots who play elitist is to join a guild that is socially very good and active and who do not solely focus on raids and HMs. You do that, and you're good. I did and despite some speedruns and me pulling some mobs out of inexperience, they never abandoned me. :)

Beside the elite idiots part this^

Join a guild for full runs, pugs dont want to waste time on killing mobs that give nothing (no exp at 50, legacy is useless, negligible creds/items).

For the record, I'm not under geared. I stripped the mods of the free tionese gear and put it on my other adaptable armor (revans) and it has the exact same stats as if I was wearing the armor =)

if u think tionese is up to par with HM FP, then u must think rakata is geared for NiM EC but im going to guess you have never ran an Operation before.

its a good thing im not on your server so i don't have to waste my time putting you onto my ignore list.

if u think tionese is up to par with HM FP, then u must think rakata is geared for NiM EC but im going to guess you have never ran an Operation before.

its a good thing im not on your server so i don't have to waste my time putting you onto my ignore list.

Are you actually unable to run a HM FP in Tionese gear? You have to overgear it with Columi or better?

Wow. I suggest you read some guides on how to play your class and improve your skill in this game.

Tionese is good enough for ANY T1 HM FP.

Edited by Khevar

hve u tried it with a full team in tionese but u. its murder and i was the healer who ended up tanking with self heals and did more damage then both dps+tank, it would of been easier to have solo the fight with my companion out. worse battle of illum HM i ever did.

hve u tried it with a full team in tionese but u. its murder and i was the healer who ended up tanking with self heals and did more damage then both dps+tank, it would of been easier to have solo the fight with my companion out. worse battle of illum HM i ever did.

I've absolutely done it with a full group in Tionese.

Actually, when I first hit level 50 on my first toon way way way back, I did my several HM FPs with groups that were a mix of Tionese and some level 49 purples.

Before the group finder, you trolled gen chat for groups, and often times the people that joined had poor gear -- the whole slew of overgeared people doing HM FPs came about much later, with the BH comm rewards.

I think I finished (successfully) 7 HM FPs before I won my first piece of Columi.

Oh, and these were all pugs, I wasn't in a guild at the time.

Since the group finder, I've done HM FPs several hundred times on five different level 50s. In additional to the typical overgeared group, I've done plenty of undergeared pugs. As long as they were willing to listen to strategies, or already knew the fights, there wasn't a problem.

Tionese is PLENTY of gear for HM FP. If you're struggling with it, there are threads on this forum for every class giving optimal builds, rotations, etc. I suggest to look these up and improve your gameplay, rather than threatening to put a Tionese-geared player on ignore for daring to join you in a T1 HM FP.

Edited by Khevar

Uhh I KNOW it is up to par. Because I'm able to run hard modes with it and no body complains about what stuff I'm wearing. So your point of the tionese mods not being up to "par" is wildly inaccurate.

Uhh I KNOW it is up to par. Because I'm able to run hard modes with it and no body complains about what stuff I'm wearing. So your point of the tionese mods not being up to "par" is wildly inaccurate.

Furthermore, if you hover your mouse pointer over the title for hardmode flashpoints in the group finder window, you get a tooltip that says you should have Tionese or better. So it definitely is the gear that content was designed for. A skilled group could make do with even less.

It seems that as players progress through content and gain more powerful gear, their skill actually decreases and they become more and more reliant on overpowered gear to clear content.

I and many others have successfully run T1 HM Flashpoints with groups wearing less than full Tionese. What the heck kind of gear do you think we all had back when we first hit 50?

Just because the players in your group couldn't handle the mechanics of the instances while playing up to their characters potential does not mean that everyone is just as bad and must overgear content to succeed.

Not saying you personally need to learn to play, but if a group in full Tionese cannot reasonably complete a T1 HM, it isn't the gear that is holding the group back.

Edited by DawnAskham

@ladwar, actually it's interesting that you mention Batlte of Ilum.

Most people tend to skip as much as possible, so few people get a lot of practice on Krel Thak, who can be quite challenging. I remember having a LOT of difficulty early on with this particular boss.

Here is some strategy advice for that encounter (assuming that is the one you had trouble with)

Krel does the following set of attacks several times throughout the fight:

a. Stun players

b. Summon Adds

c. Defense screen

When then defense screen is up, damage is reflected back to the players and it is a PAIN to heal through. At a guess, this is where the overgearing comes in. The additional armor, defense and healing power can help alot.

However, the Defense Screen cast can be interrupted. The problem is everyone is stunned during the cast so you have to use a stun breaker and immediately interrupt or you will miss it. The second problem is that he will do this whole cycle again before your stun breaker is off cooldown.

So one approach is to take turns doing the interrupt. Every class now has both a stun breaker and an interrupt. Executed properly this will VASTLY reduce the amount of damage Krel does to the party.

Darth Severin can also be tricky. There are two high-damage abilities he casts, Force Explosion and Dark Blast. They are cast frequently, and it is likely that the tank will not have enough interrupts off cooldown to catch all of them. If your group trades off you can interrupt all of his big damage casts, and this fight goes from "Holy C__p" to "Oh, that was Easy"

Cheers.

Edited by Khevar

@ladwar, actually it's interesting that you mention Batlte of Ilum.

Most people tend to skip as much as possible, so few people get a lot of practice on Krel Thak, who can be quite challenging. I remember having a LOT of difficulty early on with this particular boss.

Here is some strategy advice for that encounter (assuming that is the one you had trouble with)

Krel does the following set of attacks several times throughout the fight:

a. Stun players

b. Summon Adds

c. Defense screen

When then defense screen is up, damage is reflected back to the players and it is a PAIN to heal through. At a guess, this is where the overgearing comes in. The additional armor, defense and healing power can help alot.

However, the Defense Screen cast can be interrupted. The problem is everyone is stunned during the cast so you have to use a stun breaker and immediately interrupt or you will miss it. The second problem is that he will do this whole cycle again before your stun breaker is off cooldown.

So one approach is to take turns doing the interrupt. Every class now has both a stun breaker and an interrupt. Executed properly this will VASTLY reduce the amount of damage Krel does to the party.

Darth Severin can also be tricky. There are two high-damage abilities he casts, Force Explosion and Dark Blast. They are cast frequently, and it is likely that the tank will not have enough interrupts off cooldown to catch all of them. If your group trades off you can interrupt all of his big damage casts, and this fight goes from "Holy C__p" to "Oh, that was Easy"

Cheers.

As a healer I've noticed Dark Blast isn't that bad if the tank uses a defensive CD if the interrupt gets missed. Now Force Explosion? Interrupt that 100% of the time please.

Actually, it's only every other defense screen that does the damage reflect (it's a separate buff; called Proximity Explosives or something similar). Of course, it's not actually a damage reflect: it's a melee range PbAoE around the boss whenever he's hit by an attack. Back in "ye olden days" before everyone skipped him, Krel Thak was one of those bosses that was pretty much labeled impossible with melee DPS (his enrage timer was so tight that you were pretty much incapable of getting him down before he enraged and gibbed everyone unless you had rdps able to blow up the boss while he was exploding in melee), which is one of the reasons why the skip strategy became so prevalent.

Actually, it's only every other defense screen that does the damage reflect (it's a separate buff; called Proximity Explosives or something similar). Of course, it's not actually a damage reflect: it's a melee range PbAoE around the boss whenever he's hit by an attack. Back in "ye olden days" before everyone skipped him, Krel Thak was one of those bosses that was pretty much labeled impossible with melee DPS (his enrage timer was so tight that you were pretty much incapable of getting him down before he enraged and gibbed everyone unless you had rdps able to blow up the boss while he was exploding in melee), which is one of the reasons why the skip strategy became so prevalent.

I bow to your wisdom on this. :)

Offhand, do you know if the defense screen just mitigates damage then? If so, I would guess that interrupting defense screen every time would help keep dps high on this during this fight.

I actually had to look up the fight to even know which one you were talking about. I now remember the fight very well, it is the fight that taught me to kill adds as a healer instead of waiting on dps to mow them down. Very good fight for a fresh 50 healer to learn on. Looks like I owe some guildmates an apology for cussing them under my breathe way back when. They must have already nerfed it by the time I got mdps to 50, because I remember it being a fairly easy fight. Edited by mikebevo

Offhand, do you know if the defense screen just mitigates damage then? If so, I would guess that interrupting defense screen every time would help keep dps high on this during this fight.

I believe that's all it does, though I'm not sure if it's a +def thing, a damredux thing, or purely an absorb shield. It also renders the boss immobile (since he's kneeling) iirc, which is pretty much necessary if you're going to deal with the adds while he's in retributive explosion mode.

Keeping on topic here...

There are comments going around about the quality of gear doesn't matter.

I have to strongly agree here because people get used to having more than they need.. So of course they have room to work with. It's their fault if its a big deal to repair it because they buy expensive gear, and lose money from having to repair said expensive gear.

If you have equips that give you more health and stats you need, there is no challenge.

So of course flashpoints are easy for you. But it's more fun with a challenge, and that rush you get when you realize someone is almost dead fighting a boss and you need to spam heal them. I like getting close calls like that.

So when these people aquire stronger mods, of course that becomes their definition of decent or normal. So when a person shows up with tionese mods, of course they will get ripped for what they have.

It's a type of bragging the player does to say they have more money and can get better things... That's not what the game is about.

it's like you don't even remember launch when we were doing HM ev with partial correlia gear.

I remember my first HM BT. Only 1 person in group had any TIonese gear. Took 45 minutes to clear the whole thing and we wiped 3 times. That being said, whoever thinks Tionese gear for a HM FP (aside from LI) is like having Columi in NiM EC... hasn't ever actually done anything in NiM EC. No one who's cleared anything in NiM EC would be ignorant of the error in their statement.