Make augment slots BoP

fujeo-finel

Augment slots should be BoP, and augmented gear should be BoP. Adjust stats for augments per crew skill to balance them with Bio-chem BoP stims. That way every crew skill has an end-game advantage.

That'd also destroy the crafting market. Anything you critted could not be sold, so you'd end up destroying it. On the other hand, crafted stuff would be no better than anything else you found, so you'd not be crafting anyway!

Sorry, but no.

Biochem BoP stims are really bad. If you are using those then you really don't care about the stats that much anyway.

As long as you could only get up to Augment 15 or so BoP and then everything above that was BoE THEN it would be balanced with Biochem.

Really dude?

If stims are the issue then why are you trying to adjust something else?

If stims are unbalanced then suggest a way to fix stims, not some poorly thought out way to balance them by completely breaking something else.

Another QQ thread proposing some ridiculous change with no supporting evidence.

Augment slots should be BoP, and augmented gear should be BoP. Adjust stats for augments per crew skill to balance them with Bio-chem BoP stims. That way every crew skill has an end-game advantage.

And equally broken. No skill should have an intrinsic advantage for having the skill other than making money by selling what the skill produces. Yes. They STILL need to fix biochem. (and cybertech) to remove/unrestrict their reuseables.

That'd also destroy the crafting market. Anything you critted could not be sold, so you'd end up destroying it. On the other hand, crafted stuff would be no better than anything else you found, so you'd not be crafting anyway!

Sorry, but no.

Augment SLOTS should be BoP, not crit gear, since crit gear will be obsolete. And I make plenty of money selling non-crit gear as it is.

Biochem BoP stims are really bad. If you are using those then you really don't care about the stats that much anyway.

As long as you could only get up to Augment 15 or so BoP and then everything above that was BoE THEN it would be balanced with Biochem.

They're better than nothing.

Really dude?

If stims are the issue then why are you trying to adjust something else?

If stims are unbalanced then suggest a way to fix stims, not some poorly thought out way to balance them by completely breaking something else.

Another QQ thread proposing some ridiculous change with no supporting evidence.

So you'd be much happier making Biochem as useless as every other crew skill for gameplay, rather than other crew skills be as useful as Biochem for gameplay?

And equally broken. No skill should have an intrinsic advantage for having the skill other than making money by selling what the skill produces. Yes. They STILL need to fix biochem. (and cybertech) to remove/unrestrict their reuseables.

Equally broken? You realise that means 'balanced' don't you?

Edited by fujeo-finel

Um...not sure why this thread exists. The augment kits DO make the item bound if you use them on the item.

Augment kits should also be BoP, only craftable by 400 crew skills, and only applicable to gear types made by that crew skill.

There is literally no reason to have a crew skill other than Biochem once you craft/have the items you want from the other professions anyways. Even then, Biochemists shouldn't be using Reuable items unless they are lazy anyways. Rakata reusables aren't the best stims/adrenals.

Crew Skills in this game are not nearly as good as Crafting has been done in other games.

Or you could just join a guild where you have multiple crafters benefiting everyone? In my raid team, i craft stims for everyone, and they craft gear for me. This exchange is what makes a community, and without community this game is nothing. So unless you feel like playing a single player game, try to find a guild that will get you off your period about biochemists being the evil scum that ruin this game because we're not.

No, they shouldn't. It doesn't fix anything and does nothing but severely gimps anyone who doesn't have a crafter that can make augment slots. The idea is poorly thought out and useless since it accomplishes nothing.

It fixes the disparity between Biochem and the other crafting skills for endgame stats.

It fixes the disparity between Biochem and the other crafting skills for endgame stats.

No, it doesn't. Biochem will STILL have a disparity which would be even greater if people couldn't get augment slots on gear they wanted.

All making Augment adds BoP would do is not allow people to put slots on gear they want to wear because of the look of the item. It wouldn't make Biochem any less unbalanced than it already is. The only way to fix that imbalance is to make everything that is currently BoP in Biochem BoE so that everyone can use it without having Biochem.

You are trying to fix a problem by creating another problem.

No it should not be BOP. A lot of crafters make things for guild members and I for one am one of them. BOP is not a smart idea.

Like someone else said guild tend to help one another out. In my guild we help one another out. If there is something I can make for them I will (and I don't charge guild members) and they do the same for me. Making BOP is not well thought out.

We even have a biochem that makes stims for us. She doesn't even bother with the reusable ones .

Edited by ScarletBlaze