bosses detecting stealth from forever away

cdlesias

Anyone else find this extremely frustrating? Its nice to be able to open with a hidden strike on a boss fight since we really need any boost we can get to our dps. I ran my first HM FP the other night (concealment spec op) and had the unpleasant surprise of a boss scoping me out from a distance far beyond his aggro range and initiating combat with the group - I quickly learned my lesson, don't use stealth if you're approaching or anywhere near a boss mob which I find very disappointing. I spent 50 levels (well 40) of stealthing up and backstabbing mobs and enjoyed every minute of it, now that I'm 50 I feel like a very defining component of our class is a liability to use. I know in the big picture being able to get off a hidden strike at the start of a fight is a negligible dps gain, but it adds flavor to the class none the less. Am I missing something or is this disappointing to anyone else? Edited by cdlesias

welcome to endgame puberty. it's akward.

as a healing spec, i was used to hunkering my big blue bubble but down in a squat, and healing there. nope. bosses love to fire missiles, start rocket engines, send meteors, shoot electricity, bounce players all over the place, ect. Had to remake my hotkey bars.

Pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

How is one of our hardest-hitting abilities + 1 TA + Acid Blades (30% ArP + DoT for Culling) irrelevant?

Our ideal opening sequence should be something like:

Hidden Strike (+AB +Stim Boost)

Cloaking Screen

Hidden Strike (+AB)

Shiv

Backstab (+AB)

CD (+AP)

Lacerate

The current boss stealth mechanic makes this virtually impossible, and quite frankly denies us the main draw-card (in my opinion) to the build: stealthy, back-stabby goodness.

If I didn't want stealth and back-stabby goodness, I would have rolled Healer, and in that case I may as well roll Sorc.

was doing some speed runs with guildies skipping everything we could and there was a point where i was stealthed and started getting the circle thing on my head.

oh ****! i say on vent, i've been spotted. drop stealth quick they say, so i did and we mounted up and skipped the stuff.

how the fsck did being in stealth have a greater chance of aggroing a group is beyond my comprehension.

Wait until you get into Ilum's main quest line and come up against the strong-grade npc Jedi who use that same stealth-flush power most FP champions have. Holy damn was I ever not-impressed when I went to creep by 2 strong's standing beside each other on the only path up towards the objective area and the evil orange circle of "Iseeeeeeyou" popped up when I had no where safe to bail towards before they flushed me out.

Needless to say...it didn't go too well after that -.- Ended up leading about 5 mobs on a merry chase around the area while the jedi hacked out my hp with saber throws and big rocks.

I have less issues on FP's though since I know to expect that kinda crap from champ-level bosses. Its more annoying that even after the tank grabs aggro, they still flush me out of stealth if I'm even remotely within LoS of them...hell, even when I dive behind a wall or pillar to break LoS it still flushes me out anyway.

Edited by Ticoune

By boss you are talking about gold stars or that super star ?? If gold star then Operative have a skill (don't remember the name) that allow me to go in total stelath for around 15s. I can easly get behind anyone and stab them.

I can't get past that "super stars" guarding Reps camps and world bosses.