Show Your Battles!

DewyMossEmpire

Videos of your best at GSF :D

So far my personal record for a match is 18-7-1, flying a Mastered Pike. Unfortunately that was of course the one match I didn't record x\ But still some amazing ones below! & more on the way!

Best with my Mastered Quell is 16-3-2.

Also been working on a Sting & considering a Flashire ;o I love flying both sides, altho I personally like the Republic ship designs more.

[i lost very many kills to assists in this one xD]

[With special showcase on how to survive a Double-Teamed Dogfight! Triple Team was prevented with an early Proton Torpedo]

Video recording slows my framerate down too much, too big of an impact on my gameplay, I've got some scoreboard shots though.

All of these were on my jedi shadow, Bastet, harbinger server, and all of them were while flying only a star guard strike fighter (the only ship I fly on that character).

Match 1:

http://i60.tinypic.com/11sfo8h.jpg

14 kills (highest)

9 assists

2 deaths

55,080 damage (highest)

32% hit

152 objectives

15 medals (highest)

Match 2:

http://i59.tinypic.com/aa8w2x.jpg

7 kills

8 assists (highest)

0 deaths

29,332 damage (highest)

35% hit

45 objectives

8 medals

Match 3:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2dbjpsm.jpg

10 kills (highest)

1 assist

0 deaths

36,022 damage (highest)

43% hit

43 objectives

8 medals (highest)

Match 4:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2644dh1.jpg

10 kills (highest)

6 assists (highest)

0 deaths

32,879 damage (highest)

31% hit

291 objectives (highest)

13 medals (highest)

Match 5:

http://i57.tinypic.com/k14c5l.jpg

10 kills

3 assists

3 deaths

40,166 damage (highest)

35% hit

106 objectives

9 medals

Of course, people are bound to use these matches as proof that strike fighters are completely fine and dont need any improvements whatsoever, because one player (myself in this case) happens to kick a lot of arse with them =P

Video recording slows my framerate down too much, too big of an impact on my gameplay, I've got some scoreboard shots though.

All of these were on my jedi shadow, Bastet, harbinger server, and all of them were while flying only a star guard strike fighter (the only ship I fly on that character).

Match 1:

http://i60.tinypic.com/11sfo8h.jpg

14 kills (highest)

9 assists

2 deaths

55,080 damage (highest)

32% hit

152 objectives

15 medals (highest)

Match 2:

http://i59.tinypic.com/aa8w2x.jpg

7 kills

8 assists (highest)

0 deaths

29,332 damage (highest)

35% hit

45 objectives

8 medals

Match 3:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2dbjpsm.jpg

10 kills (highest)

1 assist

0 deaths

36,022 damage (highest)

43% hit

43 objectives

8 medals (highest)

Match 4:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2644dh1.jpg

10 kills (highest)

6 assists (highest)

0 deaths

32,879 damage (highest)

31% hit

291 objectives (highest)

13 medals (highest)

Match 5:

http://i57.tinypic.com/k14c5l.jpg

10 kills

3 assists

3 deaths

40,166 damage (highest)

35% hit

106 objectives

9 medals

Of course, people are bound to use these matches as proof that strike fighters are completely fine and dont need any improvements whatsoever, because one player (myself in this case) happens to kick a lot of arse with them =P

Strike Fighters ROCK! The only times I ever lose a Dogfight when piloting my Quell or Pike, literally, are when I have 2 or 3 people chasing me at once. 1v1, I ~dare people to come after me xD Great flying with your matches! :D

Strike Fighters ROCK! The only times I ever lose a Dogfight when piloting my Quell or Pike, literally, are when I have 2 or 3 people chasing me at once. 1v1, I ~dare people to come after me xD Great flying with your matches! :D

The majority of my issues are, like you said, being overwhelmed - but I also have some major hassle trying to 1v1 good sting/flashfire pilots that have upgraded/mastered their ships, and there are times when I get picked off by gunships pretty badly - usually when more than one of them are targetting me, or one is firing at me while i'm fighting someone else.

I do consider myself an above average GSF player, but that's mostly chalked up to the fact that I'm comfortable with the control scheme (I played freelancer for years, which is almost identical to GSF's combat system). I get the feeling, though, that a lot of my kills are probably unupgraded ships, things have definitely gotten harder over time as more people play more matches.

The majority of my issues are, like you said, being overwhelmed - but I also have some major hassle trying to 1v1 good sting/flashfire pilots that have upgraded/mastered their ships, and there are times when I get picked off by gunships pretty badly - usually when more than one of them are targetting me, or one is firing at me while i'm fighting someone else.

I do consider myself an above average GSF player, but that's mostly chalked up to the fact that I'm comfortable with the control scheme (I played freelancer for years, which is almost identical to GSF's combat system). I get the feeling, though, that a lot of my kills are probably unupgraded ships, things have definitely gotten harder over time as more people play more matches.

Oh for sure, you can tell when someone has a nicely upgraded ship. Takes a lot more effort to chew thru their shields & hull, & they are firing back with a lot of power as well. I've gotten the Dogfight practically down to a science at this point tho! I wish there could be an option to host private matches, so one could show new pilots the ropes & stuff.

The biggest thing when it comes to Dogfighting scouts is getting the drop on them; they are so much faster & more agile, but a few well placed shots will take even a Mastered Scout down quick [assuming your ship is also mastered]. The Koiogran Turn [shout out to Heir of the Empire] & Barrel Roll both have pros & cons for Dogfighting. I use the Koiogran on my Quell & Barrel Roll on my Pike; I even demonstrated how it can work in Dogfights in my Kuat Mesas video, when I was being double teamed by 2 Scouts. With the Koiogran, it is quick & precise matter of speeding off & popping the turn so you can get the drop on your enemies. Barrel roll ~is the speeding off, then you have to have a steady hand with turning yourself around.

To be honest, I've found when dogfighting scouts, more often than not ~they will speed off, which allows you to sit tight & set up return fire. If not, you can always wait until you get locked in that really slow rotation phase in the fight, where both of you are just trying to get a lock. [i show that in both videos] That's when you speed off & turn back.

Tho I digress, this mechanic for Dogfights can be applied to any ship you're going after. But with Scouts you have to keep their speed in mind - sometimes letting them move first works best.

I've noticed that too, a lot of scouts will 'panic' if it takes them more than a couple of seconds to kill someone they've engaged in a dogfight with. Usually I'll use the terrain to my advantage (I'm pretty good at weaving through beams and such) so that the scout cant get a good shot on me, and whenever I get a chance I'll peck at his shields with rapid lasers. Usually after a few seconds of that, the scout will speed off to either get a better line up on me or find easier prey, at which point I can chuck a concussion missile and heavy lasers into his backside.

Ohh yes, 90% of GSF is how well you can fly. All the mastered ships in the galaxy won't matter if you can't handle them. I love out-piloting people & forcing them into crashing & stuff, it is glorious C: The panic factor comes in most with the Cluster Missiles I found. That quick lock-on time 'cause a lot of people to react with boosts & what not. Even if you don't get to fire, you at least force them to move.

I know what you mean about Sting/Flashfire and non-upgraded ships for sure. My best matches have all been in my mastered Pike--some of which I never died and ran out of both missiles. I suspect any match where I do 30-40k damage with double digit kills and no deaths is mostly due to the level of their ships. When you hit someone who isn't very upgraded with a concussion w/target engines, its over. The mastered Flashfire/Stings with double missile lock break and distortion field though are TOUGH to score hits on and I use barrel roll if they ever get in a good position and usually we stalemate until others arrive or someone decides to do something else.

You bring up a good point on the multiple Gunships too--if I spot one its usually easy prey (I fly with power to shields almost all the time) but when you run into the groups that chain together where they cover each other and use the ion love tap you can just get stunlocked.

Also, is there ANYTHING in this game more satisfying than a critical hit from a Proton Torpedo? They are so hard to land and when you do and it crits it is extremely satisfying (especially if they had full shields) because if they survive a hit or two with heavies w/shield piercing and its over.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

Yeah, another reason why I love my Proton Torpedoes, that 10k M range will help me stay way the hell away from those Bombers & their traps. Suffice to say I am still not looking forward to Bombers, but that is a rant for another thread xD

The final two tiers really make them shine. 2x speed and then range extension to 11500--I look forward to hunting bombers.

Ohh yes, 90% of GSF is how well you can fly. All the mastered ships in the galaxy won't matter if you can't handle them. I love out-piloting people & forcing them into crashing & stuff, it is glorious C: The panic factor comes in most with the Cluster Missiles I found. That quick lock-on time 'cause a lot of people to react with boosts & what not. Even if you don't get to fire, you at least force them to move.

yep, i love flying my fresh scout without any upgrades when I'm in the mood. had 4 chasing me around a sat for at least 4 minutes. My own mistakes killed me (sheared the edge that sent me spinning)

The final two tiers really make them shine. 2x speed and then range extension to 11500--I look forward to hunting bombers.

I will be one of those bombers (mine layer most likely) and I assure you I won't be out in the open. Couple that with 2900 shielding per arc (before converting power to shields), a 39% hull damage reduction when properly spec'd and fully mastered, you will be looking at a hard target to say the least. Numbers were based off of the current pts Razorwire.

Edited by Coldcrush

I will be one of those bombers (mine layer most likely) and I assure you I won't be out in the open. Couple that with 2900 shielding per arc (before converting power to shields), a 39% hull damage reduction when properly spec'd and fully mastered, you will be looking at a hard target to say the least. Numbers were based off of the current pts Razorwire.

Can a proton torpedo's damage be reduced? It says "ignores all armor and shields". Also I think they announced they are reducing the Bomber's shields to match Gunships.

Bombers are gonna be slow & squishy. You better have a good hiding spot, 'cause one minute of exposure against a Strike Fighter or a Scout & it's over, you're not gettin' away x)

Edited by DewyMossEmpire

Bombers are gonna be slow & squishy. You better have a good hiding spot, 'cause one minute of exposure against a Strike Fighter or a Scout & it's over, you're not gettin' away x)

The big thing I think will hurt them most iis NO lock break. Open with Proton Torpedo, immediately follow up with Concussion Missile (w/target engines) and you have a weakened and slowed enemy.

The big thing I think will hurt them most iis NO lock break. Open with Proton Torpedo, immediately follow up with Concussion Missile (w/target engines) and you have a weakened and slowed enemy.

Yeah Protons will be so nice against them, just like with gunships, power to thrusters & then chasing them down with that extremely long range & it's goodnight for them x)

Slow? Definitely. Squishy? Not so much. Unless the bomber pilot takes proton torpedoes as well then they will have to make the fight come to them via the usage of LoS, which isn't a tall order if not facing a premade. At which point mines/drones with have to be a priority to the attacker if they aren't a blackbolt with EMP Field.

For the most part this is all theory-crafting both for and against bombers seeing as how it's near impossible to get legitimate testing through the pts. Time will tell I suppose.

Edited by Coldcrush

Slow? Definitely. Squishy? Not so much. Unless the bomber pilot takes proton torpedoes as well then they will have to make the fight come to them via the usage of LoS, which isn't a tall order if not facing a premade. At which point mines/drones with have to be a priority to the attacker if they aren't a blackbolt with EMP Field.

For the most part this is all theory-crafting both for and against bombers seeing as how it's near impossible to get legitimate testing through the pts. Time will tell I suppose.

Well, you may be right. Thick armour in a bomber would make sense, to make up for their slowness. But with a Strike Fighter packing Heavy Cannons [which have a 6.1k range without a Range Capacitor] combined with the Frequency Capacitor - which is what I used on my Quell, + Protons - I won't have to get too close to those pesky bombers. I'm not too worried about them with my current ship's specs.

Pikes/Quells are getting an EMP missile specifically for fighting bombers it disables their drones/mines.