( Question) About Powertech.

flameangelus

Hello everyone, how are you? Can you help me?

The situation is as follows. I've played the game since its release, and chose the Powertech class because of the wonderful armor. It turns out that with the launch of adaptable armor, any class can use any armor, and I got stuck in Powertech. I'm a more solo player, and because of that, playing with Shield Tech ends up being tiresome, and they say the powertech DPS is horrible. I need some help on how to make my PT more interesting and stronger for a PvE. If only I could switch to MERC ...

Thanks all!

The situation is as follows. I've played the game since its release, and chose the Powertech class because of the wonderful armor. It turns out that with the launch of adaptable armor, any class can use any armor, and I got stuck in Powertech. I'm a more solo player, and because of that, playing with Shield Tech ends up being tiresome, and they say the powertech DPS is horrible. I need some help on how to make my PT more interesting and stronger for a PvE. If only I could switch to MERC ...

Thanks all!

Whoever told you that Powertech DPS is horrible is a moron. It's DPS with the DPS specs is very strong. As far as Shield Tech, that's a tank spank spec, tank DPS isn't supposed to be good, no tank's specs is.

http://parsely.io/parser/stats

Sigh. For PVE, no classes are horrible if you know how to play them. If you are going by leaderboards, then power techs currently beat mercs, but unless you are an extremely skilled player, none of that matters.

You are trying to play a tank, and that is a little annoying for leveling/solo play. Advanced Prototype is a fun spec to play, and easy to pick up and do well at. Check out the guide for it on Dulfy.net.

Powertech *is* a largely melee class. If you want to play ranged, then yes, switch to a merc (or sniper or sorc)

Edited by CathyM

First you actually need to change specs. You can do that by either purchasing the legacy perk Field Respecialization or by going and find the guy on fleet that will do it.

Per your signature, I'm assuming you are level 70. DPS gear will start dropping from crates. Or, buy your set bonus gear on fleet, if you have enough command tokens. It isn't very expensive.

Thanks all!

whoever gave you this advice gave it based on what some pvp players think