Should I drop scavenging at 400?

Morbidheresy

I am an armormech and plan to stay as one in hopes that it will pan out. I am also a slicer, which is what i use my companions for. My question is, even if I wasn't slicing, scavenging missions at some point will become useless (more or less) won't they? After I cap armor mech, I will need only small quantities of ore to craft, which I can easily purchase on AH, whereas I will need underworld trading for rare materials. I suppose I could trade scavenge materials for the ones I actually need from underworld, but that is trickier.

Thoughts?

They won't become useless. Trust me on this one. That is like saying a Blacksmith will only need ingots until he hits his peak, then he can create anything out of nothing.

No, but lets say I need to craft a new piece of epic armor. Its going to take what, somewhere between 6 and 10 of a metal. Do I really want to keep scavenging just so I don't have to buy some ore real quick off AH?

If you want to try and RE anything ever...you will need Scavenging...just drop slicing. Level 50 items can go like this-Green to blue RE 30 attempts-Blue to purple RE 70 attempts. 100 attempts for a purple item at 6 of each resources, you need 600 of each resources.

Got it?