Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage

Look i aint saying it cant be done, ofc it can, its just with TFB on the horizon, why adding this new mechanic NOW? Honestly im seeing this as a bug, a reply from joveth or allyson here would be great tho :) Edited by Kophar

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, with what am saying next am not kidding or being ironic :

My guess is that the mechanic is now working as intended and was bugged earlier making those first 3 robots a bit too easy.

It just was fixed. This is what I believe, I may be wrong though, but I wouldn't be surprised it was the case.

The only mistake is that the fix hasn't been added to the patchnotes.

Now on the difficulty : it has more to do with being used to the old easy way and not adapting than really being difficult in the first place.

As a matter of fact you DO NOT NEED to interrupt all those casts, just enough so it doesn't reach a certain amount : I think it's 10. If you miss a few interrupts it's not a big deal.

You only need 2 players each on 2 droids and 4 on the non tanked one.

Of course what that does is make the raid a little disorganized as to where everybody is during the walker shots and purple dot areas and makes a team that is used to the old way a little off the comfort zone, that's all, nothing really serious.

Guys, with what am saying next am not kidding or being ironic :

My guess is that the mechanic is now working as intended and was bugged earlier making those first 3 robots a bit too easy.

It just was fixed. This is what I believe, I may be wrong though, but I wouldn't be surprised it was the case.

The only mistake is that the fix hasn't been added to the patchnotes.

Now on the difficulty : it has more to do with being used to the old easy way and not adapting than really being difficult in the first place.

As a matter of fact you DO NOT NEED to interrupt all those casts, just enough so it doesn't reach a certain amount : I think it's 10. If you miss a few interrupts it's not a big deal.

You only need 2 players each on 2 droids and 4 on the non tanked one.

Of course what that does is make the raid a little disorganized as to where everybody is during the walker shots and purple dot areas and makes a team that is used to the old way a little off the comfort zone, that's all, nothing really serious.

I'm sorry, but if the robots are casting just as often on 8 man as on 16 man, then there's an issue. You have twice as many people to interrupt in 16 man and can easily cover off all the interrupts. Reducing the cast timer from 1.5 seconds to 1 second is also BS, as it gives players with any lag at all virtually no chance of interrupting. This change also drastically favours groups with primarily instant cast attacks and short interrupt cooldowns, as they will lose the least amount of damage done, and more easily keep up with interrupts. In an op composed primarily of people with 12 seconds cooldowns on their interrupt, this is a problem.

It all adds up to an extremely poor thought process by Bioware. The fact that this change was not announced, but rather showed up out of nowhere, is but another indication that Bioware has made a mistake. There are a number of other bugs that were introduced or re-introduced with 1.4, and it makes no sense whatsoever to post "oh, you can still do it" when there's no reason for the change in the first place.

I suspect that this was intended to be a part of NiM EC mechanics, and Bioware screwed up by making it part of HM mechanics. We are posting here so that Bioware will realize that there is an issue and do something to either explain their actions or fix it. It's not so that we can debate whether or not the content is still doable.

I have cleared this instance twice now on 2 different toons since they made this change. And while our groups were pretty strong, these were pug groups containing a lot of alts. My main raided on Tuesday, before the patch, and was obviously unavailable for either of these subsequent raids.

It simply isn't that hard. It took my first group that encountered it one single attempt before we figured out what we needed to change to make it work. The second group that did this had no problems with it, because some of us knew what we had to do already.

Even with this new mechanic, that first phase of the fight with the 3 robots is the least of your worries in that fight. It isn't hard at all. It is just different. Make the necessary changes and down them. Yeah it caught some people off guard, but it isn't that big of a deal.

There are a number of other bugs that were introduced or re-introduced with 1.4,

That may also be a possibility, I agree with you.

and it makes no sense whatsoever to post "oh, you can still do it" when there's no reason for the change in the first place.

I disagree with this since another possibility was that it wasn't previously working as intended and got fixed : that's a good enough reason.

I suspect that this was intended to be a part of NiM EC mechanics, and Bioware screwed up by making it part of HM mechanics.

I agree that may well be a plausible possibility as well.

The fact remains that you do *not* need to interrupt everything, just kill them before it stacks too much, it's either like 8 or 10, and it's not very hard to kill them before they reach 8-10 by splitting the raid 2-2-4.

As the poster above, we too wiped once because caught off guard, then adapted and found it wasn't such a big deal.

Edited by Shoogli

I have noticed this to in 8 man denova, only recently since 1.4 came out. This better be a mistake, otherwise this guy is getting too hard to kill. A lot of people still havent killed him yet, and making him harder isnt going to help. My guild is so fed up to the point that alot are probably just going to just give up with the game and end their subscription. Bioware really needs to pay attention to the common gamer out there, rather than the elitist ones. If swtor wants to stay afloat, there needs to be some changes with the difficulty in some of these operations.

^ This. We gave up after a few attempts because running with some mercs means on a 12 second timer we're going to miss a lot of those shots. Couple in the fact one of our guys internet connection was bad just for Denova but literally a second or so, and that's 1 person unable to interrupt.

I disagree with this since another possibility was that it wasn't previously working as intended and got fixed : that's a good enough reason.

There's really no reason at this point to change it, whether it wasn't working as intended or not. First off, people have been farming it for a very long time. Most of the people just getting to it now won't be the highly motivated/dedicated ones, so this will make the hurdle even higher for them, and mostly JUST them.

They obviously removed some file somewhere or changed a value in a spreadsheet, because those droids now lack whatever vulnerability they used to have. I was hitting them 40-50% HARDER than anything else in game. That tells me the vulnerability was intentional. Forgetting about the interrupt for a moment, the loss of vulnerability is the biggest wierdness I can see.

Just freaking fix it by putting it back the way it was already, you don't make a fight harder months after it was introduced. The progression of a game goes in exactly the opposite direction if the people in charge are thinking.

The progression of a game goes in exactly the opposite direction if the people in charge are thinking.

I understand, but then again : put this in perpective with them removing Black Hole commendations from the story modes...

Now it may well not be a bug fix, and instead a bug, I don't know...

It just is I'm thinking it's one of the possibilities, that's all...

[snip]

My guess is [snip]

This is what I believe, I may be wrong though [snip]

That may also be a possibility, I agree with you.

[snip]

I agree that may well be a plausible possibility as well. [snip]

Edited by Shoogli

I think it's a bug while it is possible to do it, it obviously wasn't in before and shouldn't be added/fixed without letting the community know. Since basically that gear is now not needed to much it doesn't make sense to spend time wiping on droids that should be easy to kill. Also the reduced time on the cast for 8 man is a little silly.

Hi folks, just wanted to let you know that we are currently investigating this issue. Thank you for bringing this up and thank you for your patience.

Thank you. I look forward to the answer, whichever way it goes.

We did it last night without any problems using our normal strategy, with a healer helping out on the last droid.

If you're facing the walker the droids we kill in order are 2 - 1 - 3. We find this order is helpful to avoid the AoE shots from the walker. We have one tank on droid 2 and one tank on droid 3 while the DPS take out droid 1. A healer helps interrupt droid 3 while the DPS move to droid 2. By the time we kill the third droid it usually has 3 stacks; even if just the tank was interrupting we wouldn't have hit 8.

We did it last night without any problems using our normal strategy, with a healer helping out on the last droid.

If you're facing the walker the droids we kill in order are 2 - 1 - 3. We find this order is helpful to avoid the AoE shots from the walker. We have one tank on droid 2 and one tank on droid 3 while the DPS take out droid 1. A healer helps interrupt droid 3 while the DPS move to droid 2. By the time we kill the third droid it usually has 3 stacks; even if just the tank was interrupting we wouldn't have hit 8.

Curious what your groups' dps output is and if you have actually done 8man HM this since the change.

Before the change I would agree 100% with your timing estimation. Since the change, the damage reduction on the bots greatly slows how fast they die if you do not get the majority of the interrupts. That was the first thing my group noticed... Why is the first bot taking so long to die...

Curious what your groups' dps output is and if you have actually done 8man HM this since the change.

Before the change I would agree 100% with your timing estimation. Since the change, the damage reduction on the bots greatly slows how fast they die if you do not get the majority of the interrupts. That was the first thing my group noticed... Why is the first bot taking so long to die...

Hmm, that's a fair point, we were probably a bit overgeared. With 4 DPS on the first droid it shouldn't get any stacks though. Our group was pretty much all melee though so that also helps with interrupts (kinda painful on T/Z though). Compared to the Trandoshans and the tank swaps it still seemed like the easiest part of the fight next to pulse droids, but maybe it was just our high DPS as you suggest.

Heh, I always assumed it worked that way.

My 8 man group would always send a tank with a fast interrupt to droid 3, a tank with a slower interrupt to droid 2, and everyone else on droid 1.

They'd blow through the first droid and the second would still just be at two stacks by the time they got there, if that tank interrupted well, but even just 3 if he didn't. The 3rd would be at 4 stacks, and easily killable with everyone on it.

The droids reach full calibration in fewer stacks then on 8man because of more availible interupts. They might have reduced the stacks to bring it in line with 16 since most classes have an interupt now.

You know i did not think of the interrupts added to other classes.. Guess this would make quite a bit of sense. Going to try it tonite so we shall see!

...Its not a heal intensive part of the fight. 4 dps run to kill the far droid, 1 healer 1 tank per other.

Tank gets first interrupt, healer gets second. Repeat....

I understand if you miss 1 or 2, but this is all the tank and the healer really have to worry about. Focus on the cast bar and you will be fine.

Healers heal until its about 5 seconds from the last interrupt, and then wait for a chance to interrupt, then get back on healing. Tank gets next one.

I dont know what everyone is complaining about that is farming this, if anything they should change mechanics every couple months so you have to stay on your toes and actually play instead of be on autopilot.

Hi folks, just wanted to let you know that we are currently investigating this issue. Thank you for bringing this up and thank you for your patience.

Mr. Gonzalez, this isn't an issue, it actually took away the monotony of Explosive Conflict for a bit. Please do NOT remove this.

Its supposed to be like that before the patch the droid would get a damage debuff instead of a damage deflection buff, so the more they got of the stack the more damage they took which was never intended Edited by Griad

Great mechanics, i thought it was something wrong with droids before, they took a lot more dmg that intended as far as i see it. I actually really like this mechanic, opener part now has some difficulty :)

They took us by supprise on first time, on second one we got peeps divided into teams and interrupting in order and drones went down nicely.

Dont remove this pls :).

This appears to be easy for the people that have already cleared Denova, but for those of us still trying to make our way through it, this change makes it pretty hard.

Please consider leaving this in for nightmare, but give those few of us still trying to beat it for the first time the same amount of slack as everyone else got for so long.