What Would Han Solo Be?

TheLonelyTusken

So I came upon this unusual predicament as I was creating my smuggler today, since I was basing the character of Han Solo, I wondered, what would Han Solo be advanced class-wise?

In A New Hope Han says on the Death Star that he enjoys direct confrontation as apposed to sneaking around, this shows him to be a gunslinger, but at the same time, he only used one blaster.

Opinions!

He's definitely a scoundrel, scoundrels are a melee class, that's as direct combat as it gets. Also the 1 blaster thing.
I don't remember Han ever hitting anyone in melee, nor sneaking around (at least not effectively). He's constantly shooting people, usually from cover.

More GS than Scoundrel, but the guy above me who said a mix is probably most correct.

According to the first movie, I'd say dirty fighting scoundrel. I suspect the word scoundrel is used in game expressly because there's a discussion about how there are no scoundrels in Leia's life and that's why she's drawn to one.

According to George Lucas 2012, his proper class is "effete kindergarten teacher who only reluctantly shoots second and survives by pure luck and because Greedo is too incompetent to hit a target 3 feet away, and then goes on to star in a dancing game for Kinect", but that's another rant. ;)

Edited by Nexdine

I don't remember Han ever hitting anyone in melee, nor sneaking around (at least not effectively). He's constantly shooting people, usually from cover.

More GS than Scoundrel, but the guy above me who said a mix is probably most correct.

He used melee on the scout troopers he failed to sneek up on in RotJ. Did a nice sholder throw on one of them as I recall.

1st he was a pilot, so this game dosn't not apply to him, The rail shooter would make han solo unsub. He never dual wields, he never heals, he dosn't ever use stealth. I guess he is a scoundrel dirty fighter??

The only times Han isn't fighting from cover is when he's either blind, or he's actively running TO cover. He's a pure Sharpshooter Gunslinger who only wields one blaster.

Also, too bad Han didn't help Luke out with the end of his Act III class story. I guess we'll never see Emperor Palpatine get Dirty Kicked :jawa_frown:

• 6 months later...

The argument can not be settled by weapons slots. Solo does not dual wield, nor does he have a hidden shotgun.

Based off of the movies, more so RotJ, Solo tends to be more SS Gunslinger. He gets back handed by a scout trooper for lack of ninja skills, and during the brawl at the shield generator bunker Solo practices some serious marksmanship with his blaster.

In the end I would have to say he is neither Gunslinger or Scoundrel, but his very own advanced class. :D

Edited by TyraelJedi

As much as I hate to say it, Han Solo was a terrible smuggler. He got caught, he can't sneak (see ROTJ), he can't dual wield, he can't heal, and if he were a better smuggler, he wouldn't have gotten caught in the Death Star's tractor beam....

Let the flaming begin!

By that token, Luke Skywalker was a total noob for never learning Force Charge or Force Sweep when he hit level 2 and 3 respectively. Scandalous.

And Han was a total scoundrel. He was lazy, sneaky and used one blaster. None of the passive aggressive trigger happiness of gunslingers. Plus, Leia called him a scoundrel repeatedly, I recall.

Edited by Melanchior