Some Biochem crafting questions.... for a newbie

Rock_Spider

Hi all...

I am new to crafting. Ive only recently maxed my first crew skill. I have 400 biochem, 380 bioanalysis and roughly 320 diplomacy.

Basically what i have been doing up till this point is stocking up on materials and getting to 400. I have only sold about 20 items on the gtn. This wasnt my focus. Now however i want to kick that up a notch and craft so I can get some serious cash. I want to mass produce some stuff.

Im level 44 btw. After re'ing what seemed like 100 implants I finally have about 5 purple mats between level 37-41. I have tons of the material needed to craft them except the purple materials from diplomacy. The level 4 mission ones (cant remember the name).

Now that you know my situation... on to the questions.

The thing I lack most at the moment is the purple diplo materials. I assume your crew needs to crit when doing a mission to get the purple stuff. How can I make them crit more? At the moment i can send 4 crew out on diplo missions and after theyve each done 2 missions I mihgt be lucky enough to get one batch of purple stuff. This seems very unproductive to me. 1/8 is costly. Do I need more affection on crew? What do I need to do to get these materials more reliably? How do I improve my crew crafting?

Secondly... should I bother trying to craft and sell my purple 37-41 implants? I invested ALOT to re them to purple... will they sell and make a profit after spending cash on tons of missions for diplo... Is there any point selling lower level implants or should you only sell lvl 48-50 items?

Is it better to blow through the low level mats... re nothing and only craft 48-50 items as they sell for much higher.

Having said that though low level ppl still need implants as well....

Anyway... basically any tips on how to get the diplo material reliably and what to craft and sell to make cash with bio would be appreciated, because at the moment the cost involved in getting purple materials seems way higher than what i can realistically sell 37-41 purples for.

Thanks for reading if you did.

Cheers

Edited by Rock_Spider

Also... If I take my 37-41 purple mats.. craft them and then re them will I get a tier 2 purple? Is that how it works... would that even be worthwhile? Youd have to craft like 20-30 to get lucky enough for a re and that will cost you 10s of 1000s.

...tips on how to get the diplo material reliably...

The most reliable way to get the stuff you want is to find "Mission Discoveries" on the GTN. These discoveries are generated by Slicing and will always turn up some of the purple material (as well as blue). They cost, though. You'd need to be sure that you'll get a return on the money you spend, as you would on the money you spend sending your companions on missions.

The second most reliable way to increase the purple rate-of-drop is to increase your companions' affection for you. AIUI, a 10000 (max) affection character has about twice the chance of critting and runs the mission in about 70% of the normal time. There's some anecdotal evidence that having your mission skill higher increases your crit chance, or the rate of return, for missions with lower skill requirements.

...what to craft and sell to make cash with bio...

From the point of view of an implant buyer, I'd say that while levelling, I'm really not that interested in purple gear. I think you'd probably make decent money churning out the blues, selling high volume affordable gear.

Also... If I take my 37-41 purple mats.. craft them and then re them will I get a tier 2 purple? Is that how it works... would that even be worthwhile? Youd have to craft like 20-30 to get lucky enough for a re and that will cost you 10s of 1000s.

If you've RE'ed from green to blue to purple, that's the end of the RE road. ISTR someone saying you can get to a tier 2 if the start point is blue, but I've never tested that (the only chance I might've would be the reusable adrenals I've made, and I've always passed those on to other Biochemists when I replace them.

Edited by Baelish

Thanks for the reply... that coupled with some guides I just read (and never saw pre post) have cleared alot up for me.

Definately will be making a push to up affection this weekend as my crew only have between 1500 - 4000 atm.

I think ill try craft and sell blues for a bit. Was too preoccupied with purples. Its my toons fault. She likes the best of the best.