How about some some turret love?

GalacticKegger

I've become pretty decent with the controls and can whip in and out of tight spaces ... often crashing whoever's chasing me. Which is excellent for objective taking. It's like kiting multiple targets while I sabotage turrets and finish them off with blaster fire. I routinely take out turrets on a satellite in rapid fashion, then damned if I don't get shot down by the multiple bogies who saw the satellite dots on their status displays start disappearing just as the satellite begins turning green.

I get zero kills, zero assists and zero objective points for my efforts. Are we not scored for turret kills? If we aren't, I would submit that we should at least get objective points for taking them out. Would make better sense though to additively reflect turret kills with enemy kills. Maybe turret kills will have it's own scoring column (and Req award value) once the bombers are brought back online?

Edited by GalacticKegger
More descriptive title change

nope its all about kill objectives defending sats, killing turrets, stopping caps, capping sats all gives you crumbs compared to the damage and kill / assist medals

for a objective based score [even the score I think favors kills] its all about kills, if you want medals and req forget defending sats or helping the team win and just farm kills on new players with a friend or two

Edited by Vis-Tecum

nope its all about kill objectives defending sats, killing turrets, stopping caps, capping sats all gives you crumbs compared to the damage and kill / assist medals

for a objective based score [even the score I think favors kills] its all about kills, if you want medals and req forget defending sats or helping the team win and just farm kills on new players with a friend or two

I believe a Dev said the opposite that kills don't mean as much in GS but rather capturing and maintaining objectives will give you the most objectives.

Cause my guildmates will kill 4x as many players as me and I still get more metals cause i just fly around sats and keep them from being capped or I am capping

I don't know about turrets, but there definetly should be award for player who is blocking enemy from capturing a satellite when it's neutral. There is defense medals, but you get them only if your team is holding that satellite. enemy team can be losing alot of points because someone is doing that and that someone may have to concentrate on surviving when he is targeted by several enemy players with different types of ships so there is no chance for any offensive. I do it sometimes and when my team fails to come to aid me it's pretty frustrating when I know I'm fighting a losing battle. There is no medals for it, usually I don't get any kills from it and rarely any assists.

More like just "cost of doing business" IMO.

Not everything needs to have carrots attached to it. Nice, but not needed.

In my op recount, one ship taking out all three turrets and drawing the enemy's ire in the process gets shot down; while a clean up crew - who after seeing a satellite change ownership - races over to secure the satellite and gets the objective points for reclaiming it. No points are awarded to the pilot who took out the turrets that allowed the satellite to be captured if they aren't around to protect it after the fact.

Point being ... if kills, assists and objectives points earn anything additional reward-wise, then there is a genuine issue with this imho. If the stats are purely for posterity however, and all "inside the ropes" rewards are doled out exclusively based on match outcomes, then my original concern becomes a non-concern and I simply continue taking one for the team. As a BTDT tank this would be nothing new. I probably should have been more clear on that in the op. My apologies for any confusion.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Cause my guildmates will kill 4x as many players as me and I still get more metals cause i just fly around sats and keep them from being capped or I am capping

Hover your mouse over the medals and you should see the exact reasons why you were given said medals. So that's rather easy to deduct.

The medal/kills/objective to comms ratio however is still mostly a mystery.

Well after more than 50 games I found kills assist, damage, hit ration and turret killing don't give that much if at all, but capturing a point is worth so much, I almost considering to let them neutralize a satellite before reengaging, just to capture the point again. Oh, and winning of course. Feels like 50% more req. Edited by Dragoon-

Well after more than 50 games I found kills assist, damage, hit ration and turret killing don't give that much if at all, but capturing a point is worth so much, I almost considering to let them neutralize a satellite before reengaging, just to capture the point again. Oh, and winning of course. Feels like 50% more req.

Winning doesn't change your req as far as I can tell. The most req I ever got (excluding req on matches where I had bonus) was from a loss where I had 15 medals.

However you do get more credits for a win than a loss.

Winning doesn't change your req as far as I can tell. The most req I ever got (excluding req on matches where I had bonus) was from a loss where I had 15 medals.

However you do get more credits for a win than a loss.

It seems to me like wining gets me a ton more req then loosing. I do remember a Bioware post that said medals don't affect your req at all, it is all based on kills and assist, damage done, and maybe objective points. The medals are just for showing off.

That said killing turrets should defiantly give objective points. Taking out all 3 turrets or even 2 turrets solo is not easy on anything other then a gunship. The capture range for objective points also seems to small. I may go to defend an objective, or capture one and I am busy dog fighting taking out the people that keep flying in trying to prevent cap, and am someone between 500 to 10,000 m during the fight, but if I happen to be at the longer range of that as the objective is capped and flying back after just killing someone I get no points for the capture.